Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

World Series Thread

Yeah we could see some football-like scores. Hopefully Pedro finds a new "daddy" in St. Louis but the Cards pitching is pretty rough. We call Matt Morris "box of chocolates" because with him, you never know what you're going to get. And the best Cards pitcher Chris Carpenter may or may not play.

I tend to think that Schilling and Wakefield could have their way with the Cards bats. Wakefield and that damn knuckleball......

Should be some high-scoring games since both teams have suspect pitching.

Boston should have the edge in pitching unless Francona decides to use Petey in relief again.

And St. Louis has a huge edge in managing.

Of course I'm going to use the tried and true method of simulating the series: Wiffle-ball.

I trhink this series will come down to middle relief. Boston has a bit better pitching, St Louis has better offense, defense and managing.

By theway, havent caught many Red Sox games, so just a quick question. Where does Boston play Ortiz when they play NL? My guess would be first base.

He wont be playing 1st base. Think Bill Buckner. He will be a pinch hitter in St Louis. They learned that lesson almost 10 years ago.

Yeah but Buckner hit like a girl and the Sox are open to sacrificing a glove for a bat because they put Millar in over Minkie. I say Papi plays first and Millar will *groan* possibly platoon with Nixon in RF.

Mack. Bill Buckner was actually a very good player. Over a hundred RBI's several times in his career. Check out his stats. You will be very suprised.

He is one of the most classiest screwed over guys in sports history.

I trhink this series will come down to middle relief. Boston has a bit better pitching, St Louis has better offense, defense and managing.

While I agree that Boston's middle relief is better, it won't matter nearly as much when they have to face Walker, Pujols, Rolen, and Edmonds. 2 righties, 2 lefties, and all of them great hitters. And Fenway isn't going to help either.

Ponty I'm talking about in 1986 though, he wasn't in there for his stick. Sure he had good years, but I was specifically thinking about that year.

Boston also has a better chance of a starting pitcher going deep into the game and eliminating the need for much middle relief.

mack.. Buckner had a decent year at the plate in '86.

I don't think either team has that great of starting pitching right now. Schilling is hurt, so you don't really know how he's going to play. Lowe looked good the other night, but he's been hit or miss all year. Pedro has been lit up so far. And I like Arroyo's stuff, but he won't be starting. I will give the nod to the Sox in the pitching department, but I'm expecting an offensive series.

Keep in mind Mack that he did that on one leg. His ankle was busted up for the whole year. He got a ton of clutch hits as well. He really got a raw deal.

He wont be playing 1st base. Think Bill Buckner. He will be a pinch hitter in St Louis. They learned that lesson almost 10 years ago.

That foolish. You can't take one of the best producers in the regular season and playoffs out of the lineup. Ortiz will be playing first with Mientkewicz coming in for defensive purposes in the 8th/9th if they have a lead.

He wont be playing 1st base.  Think Bill Buckner.  He will be a pinch hitter in St Louis.  They learned that lesson almost 10 years ago.

That foolish. You can't take one of the best producers in the regular season and playoffs out of the lineup. Ortiz will be playing first with Mientkewicz coming in for defensive purposes in the 8th/9th if they have a lead.

Ortiz was DH for game 7, why won't he be DH for the WS? I think Millar is going to ride the bench, and have Mientkiewicz play the whole game at first.

there is no DH when the cards are at home.

D'oh, I thought you were talking about game 1 and 2. I agree then, they can't hold out a huge run producer and clutch player like ortiz just to put a bit better glove in the field.

Any of you Sox fans worried that it has been 86 years since they last won? As in 1986, Mets, Buckner etc... Oh and the whole never beating the Cards in the series thing?

Should be fun either way.

I'm enjoying "The Curse" so I kinda hope the Sox succumb to the power of the Cards lineup, which is absolutely incredible. I'm thinking about watching the game, but right now I am sitting at the computer listening to the internet broadcast of the Michigan-LSSU hockey game. GO BLUE!