Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

althoma1

Earthquake

I will not make fun of Californians for panicking when they get a small rain storm anymore. We had a small Earthquake in the Toronto area (I believe other parts of ON, Northwest NY, Ohio, and QC were also affected) and I was freaked out. Having your 19th floor condo sway and shake like jello is a bit disconcerting. I don't know if I could handle livig in an Earthquake prone area...perhaps I'd get used to it, but I definitely didn't enjoy the fist experience and it wasn't even a big one. Actually, it appears the epicentre was near the QC/ON border (on the QC side just North of Ottawa) and apparently it was a 5.5.

Yup it was right outside of Ottawa (where I live). Got to leave early from work though! :D

They're saying it got up to 5.7 but we'll know for sure later I guess. Pretty cool stuff. Never got to experience that yet in my 30 years here so...

didn't feel jack, all i heard was a rumble, however i've been in one when i lived in hk, was a wussy one though, the exploding of an old WW2 bomb near the building caused a bigger shake

i was in the GTA when it happened and I still fell my @$$ cheeks rumbling lol... i was sitting down and felt it all and the lamp shades started to shake nervously. boy o boy i thought it might have been construction going on, but was i dead wrong

I thought it was caused by all the jaws dropping when it was announced that Byfuglien was being traded.

The epicenter of the quake was around 60 km from my house and let me tell you we felt it alright. I was more surprised than I was scared but my wife stayed calm and ran downstairs to see if the kids (we have a daycare) were alright in the basement. They slept through it lol. She than cried when she came back up as she realised that she doesn't have that much control over the kids well being after all. Quite the experience to say the least. It ended up being a 5 on the Richter's scale. No dammage whatsoever except for a road that collapsed in Bowman QC closer to the epicenter.