Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JJStripes

MLX Skates Now Available

Personally I think they are horribly ugly, but I suppose that's completely irrelevant (and understandable) for a skate that is 100% geared for performance. I'm not at a skill level to warrant such a thing, but maybe someday!

I think they look better than Kors and are less flashy than most skates out there so Im cool with them so far. They are light as hell ( size 7 with a 263 holder ). I opted for them not sending me the MLX holders so they gave me another set of tongues and tendon guards as well as a t shirt. The extra set of tongues they sent me are about 3/4" longer so if I want more flop I can get it. Im sure if they can hang in the market, they will add some other types of tongues to the mix.

Ok, I like the look too, simple but with a touch of carbon weave. Great pick up! I think that with a good white felt flop those skates could earn alittle more appeal.

So are those the only tongues offered by mlx? I would think that they would make some white felt ones for the floppers out there!

Well the tongue is moldable like the rest of the boot, thats why they used that material. I think Gonchar flops his, they have a youtube vid of his customs.

how do these compare to say One95's......

I havent had one95's since early last year and have had a few pair of skates since, but i would say that at least in my size, these feel lighter and more agile. i thought the thin tongue would annoy me and that i wouldnt be able to flop at all, but as someone else mentioned, the tongue forms to the top of your foot, and if you like to flop, you can mold the tongue to flop and contour to the top of your foot if that makes any sense. Absolutely no legitimate pressure points after skating on them for an hour. Im pretty pleased so far.

I just prefer the tuuk. The only things I don't change in my equipment lineup is my blade pattern, my cup ( has always been extra large lol), my tuuks. Plus they look the best:)

Nope, those are one of the original pairs when they were still trying out prototypes.

Thanks for the clarification guys!

Actually ordered a pair today. My a feet are a bit wide so hopefully I don't have to return them and re-order wider boots.

fastbrother7: You said that you have 263's on your size 7. I am deciding between a 7 or an 8, and when I e-mailed Rob about holders/runners he said use a 272 for the size 7. Did you request the Tuuk 263's instead of 272's, or is that what MLX put on for you?

Rob offered to mount a 263 mlx holder and steel on there instead of the 272, but I opted to purchase a set of ls2s from hockey giant and had mlx send me the boot undrilled. A local shop mounted them for me.

fastbrother7: You said that you have 263's on your size 7. I am deciding between a 7 or an 8, and when I e-mailed Rob about holders/runners he said use a 272 for the size 7. Did you request the Tuuk 263's instead of 272's, or is that what MLX put on for you?

Actually, in the MLX thread it looked like he ordered boots only, and had Tuuk's installed seperately.

Rob offered to mount a 263 mlx holder and steel on there instead of the 272, but I opted to purchase a set of ls2s from hockey giant and had mlx send me the boot undrilled. A local shop mounted them for me.

What made you pick 263 instead of 272 which is what MLX uses on a size 7? Shorter runner for sharper turns vs. longer runner for speed?

What made you pick 263 instead of 272 which is what MLX uses on a size 7? Shorter runner for sharper turns vs. longer runner for speed?

Well back when Bauer was using those clear holders on the 0ne90, they used a size 272 for the size 7-7.5 boot. I tried that and didnt like it after using the 263 for the longest time ( have been wearing a 263 since 1996 ). The longer runner makes me feel as if Im tripping over my toes. Im kind of a sprinter on my skates and my legs arent super long so I prefer the performance benefits ( at least in my case ) of the shorter length holder. I basically found that tripping over my toes affected my acceleration more than having less steel to ice contact with a shorter runner.

Actually, in the MLX thread it looked like he ordered boots only, and had Tuuk's installed seperately.

Exactly. MLX only offered to install LS2's for those who ordered many many weeks ago that were delayed. I think thats what happened in Ian's (Krev) case, correct me if Im wrong.

Exactly. MLX only offered to install LS2's for those who ordered many many weeks ago that were delayed. I think thats what happened in Ian's (Krev) case, correct me if Im wrong.

Correct. During my emails with Rob I mentioned that I could take the boots undrilled as I was going to put on LS2's anyway. He offered to have them mounted at their training center in Milwaukee and then ship them to me. I agreed, and according to me tracking #, they should be here in a few hours.

Correct. During my emails with Rob I mentioned that I could take the boots undrilled as I was going to put on LS2's anyway. He offered to have them mounted at their training center in Milwaukee and then ship them to me. I agreed, and according to me tracking #, they should be here in a few hours.

So Krev, did you get your MLX's? You've been patiently waiting for a while now.

Cheers

did they supply the ls2's as well? Or did you mail them there?

I'm in the process of having the same thing done. I've been speaking with Dave and Rob for a couple months now and finally bit and ordered. There mounting/supplying the holders, etc. Really excellent communication and customer service throughout the whole process. Skates should be here before Christmas.