Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JJStripes

MLX Skates Now Available

I just applied to be a tester. In the 'why should we give you MLX skates' I just wrote 'Because I need new skates'. On a more serious note, 800$ is a lot of money, that means they compete with the TotalOne? I hope they know what they're doing.

Doesn't really concern me because I dont fit in anything narrower than Flexlite EE so I doubt they'll fit me, but why's there no width rating?!

Does anybody have any thoughts on these?

You can only buy direct from them? I wouldn't touch that "deal" with a 10' pole.

You can only buy direct from them? I wouldn't touch that "deal" with a 10' pole.

Nor would I......i applied to be a tester as well....anyone on here actually get the ok to be a tester, and receive a pr of these? Thanks!

man i hope these are as awesome as those wayne gretzky street hockey shoes i bought when i was a kid. those things were awesome!!!!

anyways, i never seen them in person, but the pics of them on their website make them look like a cheaply thrown together skate. if anyone has had hands on with them, please feel free to correct me.

I think $799 is a ridiculous price. You could get custom One100s for the same price. I cant imagine that they'll sell well. Especially since they're only selling direct, and most people have never heard of MLX.

I think $799 is a ridiculous price. You could get custom One100s for the same price. I cant imagine that they'll sell well. Especially since they're only selling direct, and most people have never heard of MLX.

Bauer doesn't offer a custom One100, only a TotalOne which will set you back nearly $1K.

So this entire time where it was assumed they were hiding their design...that was it. Thats a remarkably ugly skate. Looks aren't everything but it does not look like something I'd pay $800 for.

The owner lives in the same town as me, and I took skating lessons from him, and I played in the same youth league as his son, so maybe he'll accept me as a tester.

The fact that they don't offer half sizes, but are using the zero negative space concept is scary.

Look at the sizing page. A size 8 is supposed to fit someone whose foot measures anywhere between 26.3 and 27.5 cm. To me an over 1cm range is a pretty big one when it comes to an $800 performance skate. In comparison, the old (circa 2005) KOR fitting guide I have says a size 8 is 26.5cm, size 8.5 is 26.9, and 9 is 27.3. That means one MLX size covers up to 3 sizes in another brand. My foot measures approximately 26.7cm which means the KOR 8.5s I have are the right size with 2mm to spare (the socks add about that so it feels like there's no space at all), but the MLX size 8 would have 8mm or almost a full cm of space. I don't think that's acceptable for an $800 performance skate.

Nor would I......i applied to be a tester as well....anyone on here actually get the ok to be a tester, and receive a pr of these? Thanks!

That was more about creating a contact list for potential customers than anything else.

The fact that they don't offer half sizes, but are using the zero negative space concept is scary.

Look at the sizing page. A size 8 is supposed to fit someone whose foot measures anywhere between 26.3 and 27.5 cm. To me an over 1cm range is a pretty big one when it comes to an $800 performance skate. In comparison the old (circa 2005) KOR fitting guide I have says a size 8 is 26.5cm, size 8.5 is 26.9, and 9 is 27.3. That means one MLX size covers up to 3 sizes in another brand. My foot measures approximately 26.7cm which means the KOR 8.5s I have are the right size with 2mm to spare, but the MLX size 8 would have 8mm or almost a full cm of space. I don't think that's acceptable for an $800 performance skate.

It's most likely a sign of cutting corners to save money. They cut the number of skates they have to produce/stock in half by reducing the half sizes.

Failure to offer 1/2 sizes in elite performance skate is unacceptable for me. Also, especially as a buyer for my shop to offer elite product that doesn't have 1/2 sizes is a major red flag. Cutting corners? Perhaps, but not a good sign. JMHO.

I agree about the concerns with the no half sizes, I wouldn't spend $800 on a skate unless it fit spot on. Additionally, as a person who has a pretty wide feet (require E or EE in most brands) the fact they don't have width options is also a minus.

For an $800 skate, they do look kinda cheap. Unfortunate, I was hoping to be more impressed.

Interesting skate, kind of KORish, similar background of company (speed skater), similar construction and fitting techniques. The holders look like CROW's. Anyone know the weight, I didn't see it on their site?

I've emailed a couple times with questions, I never got a answer.

Honestly, even if the skate is great, launching the brand with a 799$ price tag skate does not make any sense to me.

I'm definitely intrigued, but for $799 they better fit like a glove and I just don't think they'll be able to do that without half sizes. I'm tempted, but probably not gonna happen. If anyone ordered a pair, please update us when you get them.

They had some toe plug that they include that they say will take up space and provide the half size.... wonder how much the customs will be

Its a fail in the cosmetic so i doubt ppl will buy them.We all know how looks is important when buying skate (right after fits).