Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenneth

Best tapered shaft on the market today?

i have a choice of buying either 2 One95 tapered shafts 87flex for $140,or 2 x60 tapered shafts 102flex for $125 is this a good deal, or do either of these shafts have any known durability issues?

Anyone know any place in Canada (BC) that has One95 tapered shafts seeing as how US will not ship bauer to Canada?

Looking for a 77 flex One95 Tapered Shaft.

Anyone know any place in Canada (BC) that has One95 tapered shafts seeing as how US will not ship bauer to Canada?

Looking for a 77 flex One95 Tapered Shaft.

You could try using a US-based package forwarding service, after shipping I'd bet you'd still come out ahead, maybe way ahead. There are even some services which will order the items themselves to their address and then re-ship it to you (in cases where the vendor requires a US billing address, or a billing address that matches the shipping address).

i have a choice of buying either 2 One95 tapered shafts 87flex for $140,or 2 x60 tapered shafts 102flex for $125 is this a good deal, or do either of these shafts have any known durability issues?

So you're asking if you should buy two shafts that will play closer to 77 flex or two that will play closer to 107 flex?

im not so bothered about the flex, would prefer it to have been a softer flex on the x60 but dont have that option.

was really wondering if there are known problems with the shafts or if one is considered better than the other.

and also which shaft teams up better with either the x60 blade or the easton st16 blades.

im just coming back from 3 years away and sticks have really advanced since ive been away and could do with some sound advice.

So you're asking if you should buy two shafts that will play closer to 77 flex or two that will play closer to 107 flex?

I know you said they play whippy, but it's that drastic? Hell.

I was considering picking up an 87 since I'll have to cut it 2.5", but now I'm not sure that's the best idea to end up with a true 85-90ish flex if they're that whippy to begin with.

im not so bothered about the flex, would prefer it to have been a softer flex on the x60 but dont have that option.

was really wondering if there are known problems with the shafts or if one is considered better than the other.

and also which shaft teams up better with either the x60 blade or the easton st16 blades.

im just coming back from 3 years away and sticks have really advanced since ive been away and could do with some sound advice.

Both are great lines of sticks. The X:60 shaft is great, but tends to feel a bit stiffer than rated, both because of the low kickpoint and also because that's just how these shafts are. The One95 shaft we're discussing is a special custom model made that's a tapered version of the standard One95 shaft. Apparently they play fairly whippy compared to the stated flex. And the kickpoint is higher than X:60.

Mine are cut 2" and feel about 85ish or maybe less... practically useless to me. :sad:

I should have done more research, I was under the impression I'd be cutting 4" off of them. :facepalm:

Mine are cut 2" and feel about 85ish or maybe less... practically useless to me. :sad:

I should have done more research, I was under the impression I'd be cutting 4" off of them. :facepalm:

Where were you trying to end up flex-wise? Had you known that, would you have gone with a 102?

Cut down 95 flex is what I liked on the one95 OPS. Right now I'm using a lot of 95-105ish flex sticks(that rating is at cut length). At the time I wanted something a little bit more whippy, more like 90ish... I definitely should have bought 102s.

feel like unloading those one95s? ;)

Decided to go for the 2pack of One95 tapered shafts 87flex for $140. Looking forward to trying them out with some x:60 blades

[/quot

If you don't like the flex, I'm sure they'd be pretty easy to resell.

Yeah i would like to get the 102 flex 2 packs from TSR but they won't ship it here to Canada.

Well they are coming out with the one100 here in a few months so i don't think they will be around much longer. Im sure they will come out with tapered one100 pro stocks, as far as SMU who knows.

Shame, those One95 tapered shafts sound perfect. Whippier than advertised, a bit more mid kick, but takes tapered (lighter weight) blades...throw in a Harrow or Dolo and good to go.

Just received my tapered One95 shafts in the mail (87 flex) and they're incredible. I always liked the feel of the One95 shafts, but wished they had the shaft shape of the Vapor series and X60 sticks. This just so happens to be that perfect combination. Has the One95 feel, slightly higher kickpoint, and very light weight. I need to take about 2" off of it and it has an SE16 blade in it, but it weighed in at 440 grams. After chopping, I'm expecting a 420 gram weight, not to mention it has wonderful balance.

Coming off a 11 goals in 4 games streak during a tournament these past couple days, so it may be hard to beat the old Z-Bubble/One95 blade combo I was using, but I'll give it a shot tonight in my regular league game and report back.

Coming off a 11 goals in 4 games streak during a tournament these past couple days, so it may be hard to beat the old Z-Bubble/One95 blade combo I was using, but I'll give it a shot tonight in my regular league game and report back.

It's nice to pass once in a while, Scotty :tongue:

It's nice to pass once in a while, Scotty :tongue:

My famous wrister had eyes, man. Finding holes everywhere and picking them up under the bar! A buddy of mine was pretty close to me in goals scored as well though.

I regained a love for my Z-Bubble again, but am going to try out these One95s now. I may hunt for some more Bubbles as well though. The pro shop at this rink had an older one (orange grip version) from a few years ago, as well as a brand new RH Stealth CNT in the Forsberg pattern. If it weren't for the super boxy shape of those CNT sticks, I'd have bought it.

Really random comparison, but how's the Z-Bubble compared to the One95? What flex was the Bubble and how did it feel in terms of stiffness?

Scotty, are the tapered one95 shafts geometrically shaped like the standard one95 shafts (T-shaped, concave)? I ask because the tapered one95 from PureHockey is a little bit rounder, sort of like the Vapor series (C-shaped).

Scotty, are the tapered one95 shafts geometrically shaped like the standard one95 shafts (T-shaped, concave)? I ask because the tapered one95 from PureHockey is a little bit rounder, sort of like the Vapor series (C-shaped).

All tapered one95 shafts have this shape. Only pure hockey and tsr have them to my knowledge

Really random comparison, but how's the Z-Bubble compared to the One95? What flex was the Bubble and how did it feel in terms of stiffness?

I'm going back in time a bit, here.... I think I remember my Z-bubble feeling a little whippier than sticks with the same flex. Great kick at first, but I felt like mine became a little flimsy/to whippy before long. I can't compare it to a one95, but it performed similarly to the other top shafts I've used. Not quite in the RL/R2XN10 category, but right up there with any other shaft I've used so far.

The Z-Bubble I own is a blue clearcoated one from back in the days of the silver "Metal Matrix" Grip Z-bubbles. It is a 100 flex (what I used to use when I didn't know any better about flex), but feels like an 85. In my opinion, Easton's flexes have been all over the place over the years, but that's another story. It's whippy enough that I can get some great flex out of it while taking snapshots/wristers with a roller hockey puck. Not a huge fan of the squareness of it (another thing Easton constantly changes over the years: shaft profiles), but I don't notice it during a game. Great shaft overall. Doesn't kick as hard anymore at all, but it was still giving me some great power on wristers.

No, these tapered shafts are very rounded. If I had to guess, it seems like they used the same mold from the Vapor/X60 series sticks and simply added the textile grip on the corners. Very radiused corners and it is just a hair thinner than most shafts. I LOVE the feel of it in my hands. My ideal shaft shape.

I'm going back in time a bit, here.... I think I remember my Z-bubble feeling a little whippier than sticks with the same flex. Great kick at first, but I felt like mine became a little flimsy/to whippy before long. I can't compare it to a one95, but it performed similarly to the other top shafts I've used. Not quite in the RL/R2XN10 category, but right up there with any other shaft I've used so far.

Agreed, as I wrote above. I even felt a brand new orange grip Z-Bubble from a handful of years ago and the 100 flex one felt very much like an 85. Wanted to buy it along with the new CNT they had, but couldn't drop the cash.

Going along those lines, if I could get a 67 flex One95 tapered it would play close to say a 60? Because that's really what I'm looking for and would help a ton. I'm obsessed with these 60 flex sticks right now but it stinks that only the two top of the line sticks come in 60 flex intermediate and nothing lower. Might be able to grab one of these int shafts and pop a blade on it for a good bargain.

No, these tapered shafts are very rounded. If I had to guess, it seems like they used the same mold from the Vapor/X60 series sticks and simply added the textile grip on the corners. Very radiused corners and it is just a hair thinner than most shafts. I LOVE the feel of it in my hands. My ideal shaft shape.

Don't like to hear that cuz I like the traditional boxy shafts. I've been contemplating on picking up a pair of the 87 flex shafts, now it looks like that's not going to happen.