Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenneth

Best tapered shaft on the market today?

I have 5 XN10s in the closet, I consider that to be readily available. :biggrin: Seriously though, the SMU One95 tapered shafts are excellent.

I have 5 XN10s in the closet, I consider that to be readily available. :biggrin: Seriously though, the SMU One95 tapered shafts are excellent.

lol on the market i mean, unless your hinting you want to part with one lol :P, damn those one95s are hard to get in the land of hockey.

lol on the market i mean, unless your hinting you want to part with one lol :P, damn those one95s are hard to get in the land of hockey.

The One95's can be found at Pure Hockey and TSR, although the shaft shape is just a hair thinner than the OPS feel and I didn't care for it. I'm holding out hope on an 11K tapered shaft this fall that I heard a little about.

The One95's can be found at Pure Hockey and TSR, although the shaft shape is just a hair thinner than the OPS feel and I didn't care for it. I'm holding out hope on an 11K tapered shaft this fall that I heard a little about.

I'd like to check that out. Is there a holiday RBK catalog floating around?

I'd like to check that out. Is there a holiday RBK catalog floating around?

I had heard it through word of mouth from someone who should know about these things.

Ill throw in my vote for the Reebok 8k shaft. Cheap and one of the lightest tapered shafts on the market. Should be fairly easy to get as well.

Another vote for Warrior Dolo shafts.

I went through 8 dolo shafts in the last 1 1/2 seasons, while some of them performed pretty well, others were subpar. The flexes were inconsistent, as some felt much stiffer than others (all were listed 100 flex). Also I'd say half of them kicked really well and the other half tourqued a lot and felt off. Durability also was subpar, as most of them didnt make it past a month without snapping. (I learned that warrior has a great turnaround with their warranty replacements at least). I'll personally never buy one again, I always ended up disappointed.

My vote goes to the SE16. Puck feel is awesome with the current heads I'm using, wrist shots are nice, shaft shape is perfect (for me) and it's also nice and light and extrememly well balanced. It doesn't quite have the kick of my one95 non-tapered but the rest makes up for it for me.

I'm also enjoying the X:60 as well, but the shaft shape of the SE is better for me. I hated my Dolo.

My favorites are the Harrow and Dolomite. I didn't like the kick of the Easton. Haven't seen a Bauer tapered shaft around to try it. The Reebok is too stiff for me.

Innovative 1100 was nothing short of gold time and time again. Beat the hell out of the thing and always performed like it was its first ice time. When it comes to more recent tapered shaft I still find Easton to be quality

My vote is for the x60, replaced some SE16 shafts. I bought a couple of 77flex ones from TSR, paired them with some SE16 wood blades and it's one of my all time favorite combos.

My vote is for the x60, replaced some SE16 shafts. I bought a couple of 77flex ones from TSR, paired them with some SE16 wood blades and it's one of my all time favorite combos.

How are those holding up compared to the xxxlites?

I went through 8 dolo shafts in the last 1 1/2 seasons, while some of them performed pretty well, others were subpar. The flexes were inconsistent, as some felt much stiffer than others (all were listed 100 flex). Also I'd say half of them kicked really well and the other half tourqued a lot and felt off. Durability also was subpar, as most of them didnt make it past a month without snapping. (I learned that warrior has a great turnaround with their warranty replacements at least). I'll personally never buy one again, I always ended up disappointed.

I just don't know how this is possible. Not that I doubt your experience, but I just have no idea how you could have gone through 8. I am a big guy. Not tall, but about 210lbs and I lay into my shots. I have never broken a Warrior shaft - or OPS - from shooting. I've used about 3, 4 DOZEN Warrior sticks and they only TWO that ever broke on me were a Mac Daddy from taking a puck off the shaft, and the other a Dolo from going hard into the boards and spearing myself with my own stick. It just folded in half.

As for your flex observation, that's all pretty relative I suppose.

And out of curiosity, what made you continue to buy them if you felt they were so weak? By the sounds of your post, you weren't happy with the product, so it's interesting to me that you kept buying the same thing.

I just don't know how this is possible. Not that I doubt your experience, but I just have no idea how you could have gone through 8. I am a big guy. Not tall, but about 210lbs and I lay into my shots. I have never broken a Warrior shaft - or OPS - from shooting. I've used about 3, 4 DOZEN Warrior sticks and they only TWO that ever broke on me were a Mac Daddy from taking a puck off the shaft, and the other a Dolo from going hard into the boards and spearing myself with my own stick. It just folded in half.

As for your flex observation, that's all pretty relative I suppose.

And out of curiosity, what made you continue to buy them if you felt they were so weak? By the sounds of your post, you weren't happy with the product, so it's interesting to me that you kept buying the same thing.

I kept using them because I really liked the puck feel when paired with an SE16 blade. Mid season I didn't want to try and search for a new stick, probably should have. Also I received a few warranty replacements, so I just stayed put. I was surprised as hell because I never broke sticks that often. I've since moved on to SE16 OPS, I've had better luck.

The one95 tapered shafts are great but awfully whippy. If the X:60 tapered shaft is anything like the OPS, it's gotta be pretty good. Wow, I'm amazed that I just said Bauer shafts were any good, I thought that was over when the XV shaft went the way of the dodo... or uh dolo.

Never seen that, but I'd give it a shot.

I'd really love to try out the XN10 shafts (R2 or RedLite) in a proper flex, along with the tapered One95 and SE16 shafts.

Been looking for tapered xn10 shafts for a long time. I was finally able to track down two RL XN10s though