Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenneth

Best tapered shaft on the market today?

I'm researching two-piece set-ups for a buddy of mine to increase puck feel and control. Looking at tapered GRIP shaft (75/77 flex) + wood blade.

I was going to get him the Bauer Vapor X:60, but apparently they never made a grip version, and that's what he likes.

Anyone know why? I find this strange if they never produced them. Will they be coming out with a grip version? (sorry if this has been answered somewhere else).

Any feedback on U+ CCM Crazy Strong grip shaft?

Thanks!

I don't think a grip version will be coming out, but if you can get your hands on SE16 shafts it would be a solid stick seeing as they come in grip and have a pretty good feel to them.

I've been using a Base tapered shaft with a Dolomite DD blade and have been very happy it thus far. It's an intermediate 45 flex cut down 2 1/2 inches, it's got a nice amount of whip but stick handles fine, I haven't encountered any "wet noodle" feeling when carrying the puck. They're very affordable as well

I've been using a Base tapered shaft with a Dolomite DD blade and have been very happy it thus far. It's an intermediate 45 flex cut down 2 1/2 inches, it's got a nice amount of whip but stick handles fine, I haven't encountered any "wet noodle" feeling when carrying the puck. They're very affordable as well

is 45 flex a typo?

X:60 shaft with Dolomite Blade, by far my favourite combo from a tapered shaft.

from an OPS, I love the Total One / Dolomite combo, lightest stick I own.

whats funny is I have both of these same exact combo's!

Jeeze. How can you not break that every shot?

Breaking sticks when shooting might just as well mean poor technique.

On a 45 flex though come on. NHL players break their sticks all the time and I truly doubt it has to do with form.

It has been stated numerous times that flex rating has nothing to do with a sticks durability. Sticks breaking have everything to do with shooting technique and the abuse it sees (slashes)

It has been stated numerous times that flex rating has nothing to do with a sticks durability. Sticks breaking have everything to do with shooting technique and the abuse it sees (slashes)

I agreee. I'm 190LBS and have used sticks from 70 flex all the way to 100 and have never broken a stick shooting.

I don't think a grip version will be coming out, but if you can get your hands on SE16 shafts it would be a solid stick seeing as they come in grip and have a pretty good feel to them.

Don't think the made the SE16 Grip in a 75 Flex, or at least I can't find one. Same goes for the new EQ50 shaft...no 75 flex.

Anyone have any feedback on the CCM U+ Crazy Strong Grip shaft? That's what I'm leaning towards getting for my buddy at this point since it's readily available in 75 Flex and is under $100 with the IW discount....

Anyone have any feedback on the CCM U+ Crazy Strong Grip shaft? That's what I'm leaning towards getting for my buddy at this point since it's readily available in 75 Flex and is under $100 with the IW discount....

The OPS version feels great. Only issue I see with the shaft is that it is extremely long for a shaft (56" I believe) and most people will be cutting it down, effectively making it stiffer. So unless your buddy is quite tall or uses long sticks, don't count on it feeling like 75 flex.

I'm currently using Crazy Strong blades and they're decent. On the Lecavalier pattern (similar to Iginla) the hosel is about 1.5-2" inches shorter on the CCM blade compared to an SE16 Iginla. That could account for the longer Crazy Strong shaft compared to other companies.

I'm quite happy with my reebok 8k tapered shaft which is also grip, I'm not sure if its readily available in a 75 flex but I find the 85, 40 kp to play quite soft.

Another shaft that I've grown quite fond of over the summer is a ballistik/combat 52 cal. demo shaft I recieved while the graphics were being finalized. nice and concave, without grip, and once it broke in a little, amazing kick.

I don't know what it is but I haven't been able to get away from my Mission L-2's. I throw in a top notch blade and its incredibly balanced and responsive. I currently have a ballistik/combat 52 blade in it. Also found that the Easton blades work quite well with it. Anyone selling any? throw me a pm, especially those pro-stocks.