Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

2010's Best value...

In looking at the Habs salaries for this coming year, I saw that PK Subban will make $875,000 if he stays with the Habs this year. He stands to be a very good value if it all works...it got me thinking.

Obviously, we should exclude rookies/entry level contract from the conversation as they have a Cap and all the good ones are making 875K (PK, Seguin, Hall etc...) but, who do you think will be the best "value" when you compare their contract to the potential stats they could put up? It might be interesting to look back at this next Mar/Apr and see if we can pick 'em as well (or better) than NHL GM's.

Isn't he still in his entry level deal?

That is correct. My b, I skimmed the iniital post. In no way atoning for that, I'll continue with the homerism, and strongly lean on your use of potential, and go with Zherdev at 2M. If he gets his PP time, and clicks with either top six unit, 85 points seems reachable.

Moulson. I win. =)

He has potential to be the star of the islanders this year. I can see him putting up 80 pts this year definately after his outburst last year

But that formula is not as useful at determining a defenseman's value.

We'll think of something to quantitfy it later *L* $/blocked shot?

Tanguay at 800k and Comrie at 500k seem like they could be good values if they play up to their abilities.

800K for Tanguay woudl be a deal...NHLPA site has him at 1.7M for this year.

800K for Tanguay woudl be a deal...NHLPA site has him at 1.7M for this year.

I stand corrected..he still has the potential to be a good value at 1.7M, but probably not the best unless he gets back to career high numbers. I'm not sure why I thought he signed for 800k

IF Comrie bangs out another 30 goal season you have your winner... but hell even if Comrie puts up 20 goals this year thats still great value for someone only making 500k.

Jimmy Howard will be great value..he'll probably have around 30 wins for 800k.

Zherdev as already mentioned as well.

Niemi at 2 million could get 40 wins with the sharks, that'd be great as well.

also Nikolai Filatov with CBJ, not sure, hes probably still on his rookie deal so he won't count in this little contest, but if he actually does what he can do he'll be a good deal for the Jackets.