Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flyers10

Warrior KGB stick

My LHS just started carrying this stick. I assume it is a SMU for THG. It comes in the Kremlin pattern. (Ovechkin pro curve supposedly) Not sure where this stick fits in the Warrior line up compared to Dolomite, Vandal, Bandito, etc but it is being sold for $149. Anyone know any details on the performance level of it?

kgbstick.jpg

My LHS just started carrying this stick. I assume it is a SMU for THG. It comes in the Kremlin pattern. (Ovechkin pro curve supposedly) Not sure where this stick fits in the Warrior line up compared to Dolomite, Vandal, Bandito, etc but it is being sold for $149. Anyone know any details on the performance level of it?

kgbstick.jpg

Sounds like you are a fellow Arizonian! I was on their FB page and saw that as well, its the same price as close out Dolo DD and dont know if this is any better? I would like to try the ovie curve tho

Most comparable to the Hitman as far as internal construction and make-up. Made in Mexico with some stock retail patterns and offering (for the first time) the pattern copy we tried for Ovie in right and left. Also using cues from his; if you could build any graphic what would that "special graphic formula" be. enjoy!

Most comparable to the Hitman as far as internal construction and make-up. Made in Mexico with some stock retail patterns and offering (for the first time) the pattern copy we tried for Ovie in right and left. Also using cues from his; if you could build any graphic what would that "special graphic formula" be. enjoy!

Any chance of that curve become retail for Dolomite replacement blades in the future?

I'm looking at it now and it says it comes in a Kovalchuk, Toews and Kremlin curve. I'm guessing the Krmlin is the Ovy curve.

Info: Taper focuses energy at lower quarter for easy load and release. The Carbon Deluxe internal construction uses high quality Carbon Fibre raw material making a high quality composite stick with excellent feel land performance. A Pro Balance blade and handle design improves stick feel and weight distribution. Soft-core blade construction resists torque but allows for improved feel. This stick includes a soft grip finish for added stability and control.

Offered in Special Kremlin pattern with extreme curve and twist just like a TOP NHL Player wearing number 8.

Stick Weight- 475 grams

If I was CCM, I would be pretty ticked about this. They put out lots of money to have Ovechkin using their gear and now Warrior pulls a stunt like this? I'd definitely be taking some kind of legal action.

If I was CCM, I would be pretty ticked about this. They put out lots of money to have Ovechkin using their gear and now Warrior pulls a stunt like this? I'd definitely be taking some kind of legal action.

Similar situation in skates, what does the new CCM skate look like?

Not a curve I'd personaly use but I say to bad for CCM not to think to do this themselves. They came out with the GR8-0VI line. Why not take it a step further? Besides it's not on a top end Warrior stick anyhow.

Ticked about what? It's not an Ovechkin stick? Just a cool looking red/white/blue stick offered with a really wicked curve called the Kremlin pattern.

Warrior didnt do anything wrong. There is obviously demand for Ovi's curve. Warrior made a clone of it, CCM cant do anything about it. Why would they be pissed? If CCM was smart, they would release his REAL curve as a retail curve. I dont understand why you think they did something wrong...

THG = The Hockey Group

It's a large group of stores that gets some special stuff made up for them from the manufacturers. It's usually a midlevel product with a couple of upgrades from the higher level stuff.

I talked to a guy at my local peranis about it a few weeks ago. He said they will be getting it too. So I'm don't think it's smu, unless peranis is a part of THG

I talked to a guy at my local peranis about it a few weeks ago. He said they will be getting it too. So I'm don't think it's smu, unless peranis is a part of THG

9 stores belong to THG. My LHS Behind the Mask in AZ is one. I've seen ads in USA Hockey magazine listing all of them. I'm pretty sure Perani's and Hockey Monkey are part of the 9.

Given the choices of some mid-ish level Warrior and a CCM stick I'd just hunt down that pattern in its Bauer forms.

There is an Ovie One95 in the Gear Exchange right now actually. Surprised it's been there for this long...

Warrior didnt do anything wrong. There is obviously demand for Ovi's curve. Warrior made a clone of it, CCM cant do anything about it. Why would they be pissed? If CCM was smart, they would release his REAL curve as a retail curve. I dont understand why you think they did something wrong...

I wouldn't necessarily be ticked about Warrior releasing the curve but instead, I'd be mad about the marketing. They're basically selling Ovechkin without saying Ovechkin. I'm sure CCM could do something about that.