Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

The 2010-2011 Suspension Thread

Yeah I agree Bickell probably wont get a susp especially since it didn't get much attention after the fact, the only reason I think it should get one is for the leaving the feet hence Downie.

Richards I agree as well although I do believe he should have somerhing coming. If it was someone like Carcillo it would get one.

I'm not surprised because I saw that coming but what you said above about it being a finger I agree 100%. Seriously it was uncalled for but how offended do people get by a middle finger? That's like crying because someone called you and asshole.

Because you are supposed to conduct yourself with some class whether or not you represent your team and the NHL.

Richards: There is no way the League will suspend the Phlyers Captain going into Game 7.

I don't think they will either, but they really should. That was dirty - he guided Connolly into the boards directly from behind.

I don't think they will either, but they really should. That was dirty - he guided Connolly into the boards directly from behind.

The NHL doesn't have the spine to even consider it.

Bickell won't get anything. Torres got nothing and with this one Bieksa at least had the puck on his stick. Remember folks, "hitting zone".

Bickell: I dunno...is it more Torres-like (no susp.) or Downie-like (1G). I think they'll go the Torres route because it is the same series.

Richards: There is no way the League will suspend the Phlyers Captain going into Game 7.

Bickell didn't leave his feet until after the contact and that isn't a penalty anymore. It's almost identical to the Torres hit, so I would expect an identical response from the league.

Richards is an interesting situation. He had another cheap shot in the series that could have resulted in a suspension and his intent is pretty obvious in this case. That said, Campbell is only focusing on rule 48 stuff right now. Because it doesn't have anything to do with a blind side shot to the head, there won't be a suspension. The NHL did crack down on this hits in the 90s but the current administration doesn't really care.

Bickell won't get anything. Torres got nothing and with this one Bieksa at least had the puck on his stick. Remember folks, "hitting zone".

I agree with that analysis.

I think Richards should get a suspension, since we've seen other suspensions for the same thing. Ovechkin on Campbell comes to mind, and Campbell had more distance to the boards, to possibly protect himself. This is another chance for the NHL to show whether it's really serious about this stuff. Based on its track record, I expect nothing but more inconsistency.

EDIT:

AP is reporting Richards will not be suspended.

The Richards hit looks really odd from the first angle in realtime. Clearly a hit from behind though. Craziness, did Connolly get hurt? I didn't get to see the game.

The Richards hit looks really odd from the first angle in realtime. Clearly a hit from behind though. Craziness, did Connolly get hurt? I didn't get to see the game.

Connoly is out for game 7.

He did not return and sounds like he is out for game 7.

Well it IS Richards. He doesn't get suspended.

Anyone that plays hard all the time gets a free pass. It's the skill guys that don't do it often that get suspended.

Bickell wasn't suspended but he will be out because of an injury. So I guess the Nucks fans kinda get some justice?

Not really, it was the same treatment as Torres, an unexpected minor consistency from Campbell.

Not really, it was the same treatment as Torres, an unexpected minor consistency from Campbell.

Well regardless he won't be playing Game 7 and if the Hawks do advance he most likely won't play that round.

Didn't think that one was too bad. 2 mins is fine.

How so? Dupuis was engaged with 3 guys. Malone comes in from the blindside. Dupuis fits the definition of defenseless as set out by the league. Malone hits him squarely in the head.

How so? Dupuis was engaged with 3 guys. Malone comes in from the blindside. Dupuis fits the definition of defenseless as set out by the league. Malone hits him squarely in the head.

There wasn't any contact to the head from the angles they showed on VS.

There wasn't any contact to the head from the angles they showed on VS.

Watched it on YouTube and you're right. Still little need to try and light him up in that situation.

Watched it on YouTube and you're right. Still little need to try and light him up in that situation.

I agree, but it's not like the Pens shy away from making those hits.

McGinn's hit on Richardson might be looked at but in my opinion it was clean. Richardson pulled up and was lower due to trying to change direction. McGinn got a 5 and a game.