Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lee-Bro

OEM and Hockeytron

He's responding to other people that are talking about it.

^ this. Doctor Hook said they should be fired or re-trained, but that doesn't really work when it's the owner. Was just pointing that out in case he had missed it.

Edited by OptimusReim

^ this. Doctor Hook said they should be fired or re-trained, but that doesn't really work when it's the owner. Was just pointing that out in case he had missed it.

Im not sure if you had the offender blocked on here, but he did reply to you, offering to allow you to test new equipment and work with you to make a better deal then what you were looking for before. I know you are most likely not willing to shop with them again, but I would allow them to try to make the bad situation right, at the least.

Im not sure if you had the offender blocked on here, but he did reply to you, offering to allow you to test new equipment and work with you to make a better deal then what you were looking for before. I know you are most likely not willing to shop with them again, but I would allow them to try to make the bad situation right, at the least.

That's not making it right. Making it right would be a sincere and honest apology. That post was simply a half-assed attempt at pushing more product, nothing apologetic about it. No idea if it really is HT or not, but assuming it was, this was just my opinion.

That's not making it right. Making it right would be a sincere and honest apology. That post was simply a half-assed attempt at pushing more product, nothing apologetic about it. No idea if it really is HT or not, but assuming it was, this was just my opinion.

Yep, it sure was spamming for his product and it was deleted for that reason. I guess I have to watch this topic even more closely now.

So many chances along the way for HT to simply say "Sorry, we screwed up"... this trainwreck could have been avoided.

Edited by goblue9280

I didn't agree with it in any way, but it might have been a good opportunity for his team.

So many chances along the way for HT to simply say "Sorry, we screwed up"... this trainwreck could have been avoided.

Agreed. Hard to believe the owner of the company would send out emails like that. I might have to rethink future purchases from HT.

Unbelievable. Not even a hint of an apology from HT or an alternative explanation that a rogue person may be trying to screw their business. Having been in retail for over 20 years, this pretty much is right up there in "how to create yourself a pr disaster". We had a company in our part of the world tell a customer to get stuffed, the emails got published, went viral and the company went out of business. I'm not saying this will happen to HT but if this does go viral then they have got some serious work to do to try and contain it. Maybe price is the only thing the consumer thinks about these days and everyone else out there doesn't care, the faceless world of etailing.

Maybe the email response OptimusReim got is the reason why they don't seem to answer emails. Sent a couple to them regarding kitting out 3 newbies to Ice Hockey, got no response so have gone to another seller. However still keenly watching the Hockeytron stuff as they do have some good deals with decent postage rates to AUS.

After much internal discussion, I've decided the owner of Hockey Tron (apparently named "Chris") also owns a Spam filter business which he uses for all the Tron emails. Optimus' emails didn't get through due to a bug in the software that he is too proud to fix, or his software is perfect and pre-predicted an insult, like minority report. I don't really see another option.

Do their gloves really come with MSH2????

Do their gloves really come with MSH2????

No, and I don't think they claim to anymore. I noticed that after a few of us brought that up on here, they changed the glove description on their site.

Got to say I just got the hockey tron equipment bag(

http://www.hockeytron.com/tr182.html) that i bought for $20.99, used a discount code i got through their emails. It is super nice, big enough, exactly what i wanted layout wise and has a bunch of pockets and seems(used once so far) to be durable material. I will definitely be a return customer. Also got some of their clear shin tape which was a little cheaper when most places and it works just fine, but then again tape is tape

has anyone had issues with the coupon codes? I tried the one that i received today and it didn't work on some of the items that were in the email. I tried to send them an email but I haven't received a reply back.

Bought an LE from them, stick seems nice enough, especially for 40 bucks. Kinda whippy, especially for me since I'm used to stiffer sticks... I'll post impressions and pics after I use it. BTW I'm comparing to an RBK 9k

broke 3 tron elite sticks since november. bought 2 of them in nov, broke one in 2 weeks then broke that replacement, now one of the originals i bought broke. stick is great and all, minus them breaking. they all broke in different spots. one on the middle of the shaft, one on the lower shaft and one on the throat

just my opinion and i dont have a ton of experience with checking quality, but as i see the stick wearing down in some spots, the material doesnt seem very strong. i notice a little chip or a crack early on, and then eventually thats where it breaks. i am by no means a reckless player, and im also not a super strong person. i'm 5'6"

I too broke my first tron elite within the 30 day warranty and got the replacement and proceeded to break that in another month both about 5 inches up from the blade. I only play rental hockey for the most part although I tend to be rough on sticks. I have had the LE's and just bought another, I have a much harder time breaking these. Half the price and at least twice the durability of the Elites from my experience. It is hard to complain for the price though.

The stick took about a week to get to me which I felt was a bit of a long time, since I'm only in Az. I was able to shoot around with it last night a clinic, seemed a bit whippy and puck feel was off, both things I should be able to adjust to, I am going to try it this Sunday in our playoff game to see how it handles game stress. Again I'll post a decent review and pics after the game. Also I was able to get a response from Chris within a day when inquired about a set of team jersey's and socks. I guess they are hit or miss when it comes to e-mails

My experience could not be more different from Optimus Primes when it came to ordering Jerseys. Chris J answered every email in a timely manner, and the jerseys were done right on schedule. I was very happy with both the customer service, and the products. Sorry you had such a bad experience, but it was just surprising to me, because my experience was 100% opposite of his.

My experience could not be more different from Optimus Primes when it came to ordering Jerseys. Chris J answered every email in a timely manner, and the jerseys were done right on schedule. I was very happy with both the customer service, and the products. Sorry you had such a bad experience, but it was just surprising to me, because my experience was 100% opposite of his.

I like to think what happened to me was an isolated case. It must be, or they would have been out of business ages ago. Maybe he was having a bad day. Who knows? Life goes on.

Just place my second big order with Hockeytron, kitting out my wife and another friend who is after gear. Daughter and I were very happy with our gear, the youth kits are very lightweight but perfect for a 5yo just starting out in novices. I'm very happy with the 80-90 protective gear as well as the socks and jersey - I'm still a newbie but it seems great and perfect for my level atm. Initial communication was a shocker - no responses on three separate emails, then i got through to Robert (robertc@hockeytron.com) and he provided an awesome level of service (and still is)!