Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lee-Bro

OEM and Hockeytron

Love that Jarvis curve though! TBH If they made their sticks in a lower flex, I'd just stick to those.

Each brand has a different flex feel even if they are all rated at 85. Do Tron sticks seem to run stiffer or more flexible in a general sense?

Each brand has a different flex feel even if they are all rated at 85. Do Tron sticks seem to run stiffer or more flexible in a general sense?

The 405 85 flex I have seems about accurate to the other Easton 85 flex sticks that I own. I just prefer the 75 (cut down to probably about an 80). The Jarvis pattern is VERY VERY close to the Easton Heatley, so if they made it in 75 I'd be all over it. I had to buy a Mako because I couldn't find anything in a heatley pattern with a 75 flex any cheaper than the top end models :(

Love that Jarvis curve though! TBH If they made their sticks in a lower flex, I'd just stick to those.

is jarvis the same as p88? they list it at a 6 lie which makes me wonder if its a little bit higher lie than p88. is jarvis rocked like p88 also?

The 405 85 flex I have seems about accurate to the other Easton 85 flex sticks that I own. I just prefer the 75 (cut down to probably about an 80). The Jarvis pattern is VERY VERY close to the Easton Heatley, so if they made it in 75 I'd be all over it. I had to buy a Mako because I couldn't find anything in a heatley pattern with a 75 flex any cheaper than the top end models :(

Thanks for the feedback to my question. So relatively true to a 85-flex rating then. Which woudl make sense as they are "simulating" high end sticks. I'm with you. I have come to prefer a 75-flex stick that I cut down. Right now my CCM sticks are probably around a 90. While I can ge them to flex I really have to put a bit of effort into it. I'd like to stick to do more of the work for me. If TRON would put out a 75-flex I'd be all over it.

A few guys on my team have been using TRON sticks. I think the Elite model. But, one of them has started to complain about his blade flexing too much. Now, he's a real big boy. I mean...huge. So he puts a ton of force/weight so this could be the cause of the blade breaking down sooner then normal. This is 2nd hand information though as I have yet to use a Tron made stick. Curious if anyone else has noticed this? My other teammate hasn't mentioned this happening to him yet but he hasn't been playing as consistantly with his Tron stick as the other guy.

It's both spear wedge and short hosel construction? It sure looks like they're just throwing a whole bunch of BS marketing buzz words out to try and make people bite.

It's all just too cheesy for me. Maybe two of the bullet points on that page contain actual information, and I can't tell whether the stick comes out in July or August.

is jarvis the same as p88? they list it at a 6 lie which makes me wonder if its a little bit higher lie than p88. is jarvis rocked like p88 also?

Couldn't tell you. I assume so, since they compare the Jarvis to the Lindros on their website. I've found it to be nearly identical to the Easton Heatley though. (So now I use an Easton Heatley, since I couldn't get a Tron 405 in 75 flex).

It's both spear wedge and short hosel construction? It sure looks like they're just throwing a whole bunch of BS marketing buzz words out to try and make people bite.

That sure makes me suspicious too... Perhaps we could get honest, accurate info instead of just marketing? I'd love to hear some real specs...

it seems hockeytron will only post the equipment comments that make them look good. look at all the 5 star ratings and no negative ratings.

i tried posting a question a week ago about their new 405 shaft that is advertised as "

The LIGHTEST SHAFT in the marketplace today." My question was something along the lines of "if it is the lightest shaft, please post the weight of it". i gave them my email address in the comment form also. the post never made it to website, no comment and no email.

this company has some great qty over quality stuff but seems like customer service is a joke.

now that you mention that i totally forgot i did a mediocre review a while ago on a stick

http://www.hockeytro...ml#.T-d94rVYttE

first 3 star review is mine

yeah i saw that review out of all the different product, that was the worst review and not a bad review either because of the positive things you said. i don't think they'll allow any less of a review to go through.

it seems hockeytron will only post the equipment comments that make them look good. look at all the 5 star ratings and no negative ratings.

i tried posting a question a week ago about their new 405 shaft that is advertised as "

The LIGHTEST SHAFT in the marketplace today." My question was something along the lines of "if it is the lightest shaft, please post the weight of it". i gave them my email address in the comment form also. the post never made it to website, no comment and no email.

this company has some great qty over quality stuff but seems like customer service is a joke.

Not that this addresses their customer service, but I'm pretty sure my 405 is the lightest stick I've ever felt. I don't have a weight for you, but it's MILES lighter than anything else I have.

I believe there is a box which shows their claim of the 405's weight in the product description. Not saying what they have is accurate though.

Composite Stick Comparison Chart Price Weight (grams) Carbon Content TRON 405 Senior Composite Hockey Stick $129.99 2 240.00 405 100% Easton Stealth RS $249.99 420 100%

I believe there is a box which shows their claim of the 405's weight in the product description. Not saying what they have is accurate though.

Composite Stick Comparison Chart Price Weight (grams) Carbon Content TRON 405 Senior Composite Hockey Stick $129.99 2 240.00 405 100% Easton Stealth RS $249.99 420 100%

thats for the ops. they don't have that for the shaft

thats for the ops. they don't have that for the shaft

There is a 405 shaft now?

Edit: Huh, looks like they will soon: http://www.hockeytro...r405-shaft.html

I wish they'd come out with tapered blades. I'd buy up a bunch of Jarvis blades in a heartbeat if I could use them in my EQ50.

Edited by OptimusReim

Reim, it boggles my mind how you still so eagerly want to give them your business when they blatantly disrespected you as a customer.

A lot of things about this thread boggles my mind.

Hockey Tron seems inherently dishonest, whether they are or not is a different question. They won't be getting my business!

Agreed. As a retailer, they do not have my respect, much less my business.

Reim, it boggles my mind how you still so eagerly want to give them your business when they blatantly disrespected you as a customer.

Well, you're right. I just really like my 405 ;)

yeah i saw that review out of all the different product, that was the worst review and not a bad review either because of the positive things you said. i don't think they'll allow any less of a review to go through.

Just about every company does that. Companies aren't going to advertise disfavourable reviews on their site, that's bad business ans common sense.

I have had terrible customer service at other big businesses yet continue to shop with them. Grudges are immature.

Just about every company does that. Companies aren't going to advertise disfavourable reviews on their site, that's bad business ans common sense.

I have had terrible customer service at other big businesses yet continue to shop with them. Grudges are immature.

who said anything about a grudge? point is, their review section is ridiculous to all but the naive. i have seen plenty of bad reviews on other sites that i am sure are doing just fine financially.

point is, their review section is ridiculous to all but the naive.

That's the kind of problem you can have when the same company is the "manufacturer" and the retailer.