Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accord

Ever see an NHL player in your LHS?

my lhs is the new jersey devils equipment place and i saw jamie langenbrunner,scott stevs,scott niedermayor,martin brodeur, and i think randy mckay

are you talking about the New Hockey Limited place?? that guy used to be the equip mgr for NJD a long time ago...i think he's a bit overpriced on stuff..but..the woman there does a good job on the sharpenings..

In one of my local inline rink proshops, I saw Al MacInnis the day after Canada won the gold medal in the 2002 Olympics. Very nice guy, typical proud father. He, Basil McRae, Tony Twist, and Joel Quennville all have kids that play(ed) on the same inline team. Yes Chopper's kids take after pops with the shot... :P

Somewhat off subject...

I had a roller hockey game last night in my"28-and-over" league. I thought that I recognized two guys on the other team.....Jamie Rivers and Jim Campbell. Campbell looked comfy out there on the rollers (thought he may have had RHI experience with the Chicago Cheetahs...maybe that was Harry York). Both guys played hard but everyone chilled out and watched MNF around a few pitchers of beer.

my lhs is the new jersey devils equipment place and i saw jamie langenbrunner,scott stevs,scott niedermayor,martin brodeur, and i think randy mckay

are you talking about the New Hockey Limited place?? that guy used to be the equip mgr for NJD a long time ago...i think he's a bit overpriced on stuff..but..the woman there does a good job on the sharpenings..

I thought he was talking about either South Mountain Arena's pro-shop, or Sports Section. Now I'm confused.

quite a few Blue Jackets (I was going to say BJ's and thought better of it) came into the Hockey Stop when I worked there (the golden years I like to call them)

Jamie Pushor, Ron Tugnutt, Rick Nash (I think he was paid), Rich Pilon (hawhaaat), Geoff Sanderson, Tyler Wright, I think Jody Shelly...am I missing any my fellow Stoppers.....

Most came in to buy their kids stuff

The only other guys i can think of that you didn't say is Marchant, and Richardson.

Andrew Cassels, Martin Spahnel (he had a cup of coffee with the Jackets) and didn't Kevin Dineen come in also? A bunch of Dayton Bombers have come in also.

nah thats up in monsey,ny and i go to the sports section in nj(cedar grove)

the guy there wusnt the equipment manager for the devs but was fro hartford.

i go to hte sport section in cedar grove,nj he was with the whalers wen the other guy was but then left to the devs and then left cuz lou wouldnt let him spend enough time with his family and had almost no days off.the sport section is awsopme and never over priced and yeah nhl(new hockey limited) is very over priced.everyone knows me in the sport section so im in there 24/7

I was at a Sportchek in Calgary and my buddy introduced me to Theo Fleury. Not sure if he was sober or not. ;)

SN had a special on him yesterday, he talked about that certain issue and what he has actually done. He admitted to first having a problem with achohol which escalated into doing almost every drug you could name. There's part II and part III of the interview series on tonight and tomorrow. He also said the league substance abuse system was a joke.

I like Theo when he played.. good fiesty, skilled little player. Sounds like he really had some serious problems though.

When i worked at giant i saw Jaime storr, and Steve Shields checking out the goalie gear. Jeff Friesen used to be there so much you would swear he worked there.

yeah..i used to hear Stevo talk about Freisen in there all the time..just waiting for Yuri to make it as a bruiser soon enough.

Caps15..should have realized South Mountain...keep thinking you're closer to Rockland with the moniker...man i haven't played there in a few years...SMA that is

ive seen warrener, lombardi, donovan, gelinas, clark, lydman, and ference. no at my lhs but at a clothing store downtown in calgary. once gelinas came in and bought all the calvin klein socks he could. total came to like 450. just for socks!! most of them spend like 1-2k when their there.

I know it's not at a hockey store but I've seen Scott Parker at the local Soundtrack. The guy is HUGE.

To me he hasn't grown since H.S. and I still don't know how he got past minor hockey. He was an absolute pylon.

I used to see patrick roy at the lhs in my rink, hes son used to play at our rink.

a little off topic but whad you think of roys kid? ive played against him a few times, but i think he only played once... and it was hard to tell cuz his team was pretty good and we didnt get many shots on him.

Ive seen Patrick Roy buying goalie stuff for his kid at Players Bench in Denver. I have also run into Stephane Yelle buying Stanley Cup Championship stuff at the Pepsi Center.

Played some pick up hockey..actually 2 on one with John Tortorella and my son in the fall of 2000 at our local ice rink (now defunct) He was carrying a card that said Tampa Bay Lightning...Head of player development. He was trying to decide if he was going to go back to the AHL at the time.

I am coaching a Mite youth hockey team and just realized this last weekend that one of the kids Dads is a NHL player and won the Stanley Cup with the Devils the last time they won it. Very guiet guy who just stands at the glass and watches his son play.

I have a customer whose uncle is the GM of that team you just mentioned.

Of course my first jab at him was that he must've gotten really cheap presents for XMas from Uncle Lou...

I play versus Luongo in Point aux tremble near montreal.Everyine is asking im to go play goalie :).He said that a couple guy might come play in our league soon with the lock out been so long.Too bad i dont have time to talk a lot with im since i play against im.

Eddie Olchuck, my favorite hockey player as I was a kid came into a shop when I was buying a stick. I was about 10 so I freaked. Played for the Jetz. Signed my arm and some paper, I felt like a super hero.