Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Mission he950

I got mine the other day. Im about to sell my 950's, because i'll be using the 750's over them. If i would have known that the 750's were this good, i wouldnt have pre-ordered the 950's.

You think the 750's feel better? I thought the 950's felt way better...that's why I chose them instead.

Just my opinion :)

You think the 750's feel better?  I thought the 950's felt way better...that's why I chose them instead.

Just my opinion :)

I like the softer boot, and cant tell that much of a difference in wieght. I also have quite a few pairs of custom skates that feel better on my foot than the 950's, so that also factors in.

"I know no wheel manufacturer would admit this, but sometimes I wonder if some of the wheels supplied to OEM skate makers are not factory "seconds" of high end wheels,"

I can tell you for a fact that 85% of skates sold on Epuck, Hockey Monkey etc are in fact a class of "2nds" Generally an irregular colour or slight molding fault, nothing is allowed however that would compromise the skate's usability. It does tell you why allot of net dealers make their stuff so cheap though.

Just got back from a sales meeting in Montreal, so I apologize for not getting back to you guys sooner:

Skate Bake: We changed this from 7 minutes to 3 minutes after hearing of some issues that we happening to the DNA strands. People were incorrectly heating there skates and causing damage.

Internals of the boot only need 3 (in a pre-heated over) to form. We are in the process of relabeling all of our skate boxes, as well as working on sending out new stickers to all of our accounts.

Wheels: We use only first quality wheels. We have our factory check all wheels and reject any wheels that may have a problem. If you have issues with your wheels, contact Shayne at Factory Wheels with your problems or questions.

We spend month after month working on the durability and quality of our skates. Sometimes things occur that we cannot foreshadow or prevent (i.e. D1 Outsoles)...

Every year we will continue to develop the best possible skates we can. We don't make short cuts to save costs, as it will only back fire when warranties begin showing up.

Mission stands behind our product better than any other company in hockey. If you ever have issues, please contact our customer service.

Justin

Aussie Joe,

I can assure you that at Hockey Giant, we sold nothing but first quality stuff when I was there..no "slightly irregular" or "cosmetic blem" stuff on the skates...as someone on the other side of the world, I take great offense to the fact that you are telling people this on a website..i'm sure the others listed..and not just me (thinking I was part of the etc in your quote) do as well...

There is no doubt that some retailers sell blem merchandise at a discount..and it is surely noted on their sites and the prices for them...but the reason prices are lower on items at times, has nothing to do with the quality...

My friend ordered a couple of pairs of skates off Hockeygiant (for himself and his girlfriend) and when they showed up they were stamped "seconds", so he e-mailed them (from New Zealand) and straight away they apologized and sent out two more pairs - not seconds. And as the shipping is pretty high, he didn't have to send the seconds back, so he ended up with the seconds for free! So Hockeygiant did ship seconds, but it seemed to be by accident, and they quickly rectified the problem.

I'm pretty sure the reason they have such good prices compared to Australisia is the huge volume they do. Hockeygiant is probably the single biggest customer for several brands, and as such get better prices, and first option on heaps of close-outs.

my buddies and i ordered some skates from hockeygiant, and as it turns out, when the order was processed, i got the wrong pair of skates. I was supposed to get the Nexed Stinger, but got the next best model instead. Was a little pissed about it, and my friend (he did the order) called to complain to hockeygiant. But the thing is, we live in Singapore, and the shipping to get the skates returned would have costed us a bomb... so we said 'to hell with it'

i'm not complaining or looking for a refund or anything... just that i really had my heart on the nexed stingers, especially since they were being sold at a great price... was just disappointed that i got one level down in the skates... still havent used them either still in the original box size 10s if anyone is interested...

Mission is said to have the light skate on the market, but what poeple don't is the size of the skate they are using to justify this. In mission case they use a size 7 for the HE950, but CCM uses a size 8 for there new skate the PF10, making it the lights skate (soon to be avaliable).

Mission is said to have the light skate on the market, but what poeple don't is the size of the skate they are using to justify this. In mission case they use a size 7 for the HE950, but CCM uses a size 8 for there new skate the PF10, making it the lights skate (soon to be avaliable).

actually, they use an 8.5 for weight purposes, like most companies do