Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KillerCarlson

Favorite Curve & Why

kobe, sullivan pros should be right up your alley, and they're not too hard to find.

Almost all of them are whip now, that's my problem.

I used Easton Bananahans forever and thought that curve was better than sliced bread until I opened up my horizons a bit (after skyrocketing too many shots at helmets.....)

Now I'm going with the Easton Sakic/Inno Mogilny/TPS Nash. All very close in detail, typical slightly open mid-curve, 5.5 lie. For some reason, I had a rough time using the Mission Hull curve when I bought my L-2. Not sure of the reasons but maybe because the curve isn't as defined as the others I've listed.

Overall I like the above curves because they are a bit more consistent for me. I really like the round toe for stickhandling (toe drags) and the switching down the half-lie really did the trick for shooting wristers.

i think i've found mine, the sherwood crosby. a mild heel, loft, 5 lie = amazing. i wouldn't mind having it in a 4.5 lie just to try n see if that makes it better or worse for me

I thought the Crosby was a 6 lie. Thats what it says on my stick at least and it does seem higher than the 5.5 I have on my other stick.

I like the TPS 04 verson of the Tkachuk pattern, but I would like to try something with a little more curve, like an Iginla in a 5 lie.

Inno pro stock Sundin or Drury retail. Sundin is like the Drury, but a 5 lie and a "rounded square" toe.

- easton/inno kariya - very tall blade. near flat bottom. great all around curve (the steve kariya pro's i'm using are the same)

- inno nash - 4.5 lie

- easton whitney z-carb's - long hosel. lie might be below 4.5. would be perfect if the toe was rounded

- easton whitney synths - same as z-carbs but short hosel and more of a 4.75-5.0'ish lie and round toe

whitney is like the perfect combo of a kariya and an inno nash.

Pro Hull curve: sick, sick snapshots and one-timers. I'm also partial to small heels (like the old Titan Gilmour), they give me crazy wristers. So I guess a mix of the two would be nice, something like a Modo but with a Hull-like profile and a bit more loft.

i use sakic/nash/mogo, but id prefer something a little less rockered, a little more closed with the curve slightly more towards the toe instead of being more mid, i have to use a round toe too, i hate square blades,

I thought the Crosby was a 6 lie. Thats what it says on my stick at least and it does seem higher than the 5.5 I have on my other stick.

i know, it says 6 on my stick as well, but when i was holding it in the store it seemed lower than a 6, so i paired it up with a modano blade, and they were dead even...and on the sherwood website it says its a 5 lie

I have a couple choices...sometimes I have a good time with one, and then there are times that the other works better:

Bauer PM6/P91-it's awesome...the lie of 6 makes me mad, but whatever. I've had the most success with this type of curve. I love the profile, and the curve's okay.

I also like wedge style curves, but I'm not into the whole "Corso" blade...that's just too hardcore-wedge-style for me. More of a mid-loft thing for me. I just make them myself by wedging a hot wooden blade under a door and bend in the appropriate fashion.

Inginla---nice sweetspots and at the end of the curve you got some ''loft''(if this is the word) to do some top corner close to the net!

for TPS i would say nash.or maybe messier could be nice...but nash is a clone to inginla

but my weapon of choice is FRANKLIN GUERIN...i would say it beetween a inginla and a sakic!

My favorite curve is the Montreal M95 European curve. Nice mid curve closed toe, great feeling wood blade. Currently using some Easton Iginla syngery grips and some synthesis grips with a "custom" synthesis blade (similar to the european) I got through East/West Hockey. They are OK but once I burn through this supply I'm going back to the wood blades......because it just feels good to have a woodie in your hands :lol: !!!!

I love the inno nash curve, I can do some things with it that I just couldnt do with my modanos, need some more inno nash's though, if you got any I have a buy post, let me know...

I've been using Shanny and Yzerman for 5 years now. But my all time favourite was the Bauer Modin pattern. I don't remember the specs or if there ever was something similar, does anyone know?

Also loved the Nike Ignite 2 St.Paul pattern and the Bure was a classic. But overall Modin pattern which I can't find.

Kaberle Pro and Gaborik Pro. They're pretty similar, kind of like Modano with a little extra flare at the toe, and a semi-square toe. They seem to be the only pattern that I can keep low whenever I want but also put it up high if I need to. Favorite retail is the Modano or any clone of it, but it seems that in some situations the puck won't go as high as I want it to with the Modano.

I like the Sakic Pattern. I play forward and when im play in the corner it´s the best pattern. I played whit the CCM pattern 31 before but i think the blade was so long, i have allso tried the Drury pattern and it was nice but it hard to find..

I like the Sakic Pattern. I play forward and when im play in the corner it´s the best pattern. I played whit the CCM pattern 31 before but i think the blade was so long, i have allso tried the Drury pattern and it was nice but it hard to find..

I feel the same way, I also use the Sakic curve.....

I find its the best for puck protection and retention

I tried the drury too in the past but it's hader to retain the puck and get some heat on the wrist shot

CCM thornton, but it's so hard to find blades with the thornton pattern anymore. Easton yzerman is second, they're pretty damn similar but all I can find from easton are uber expensive Z-carbons and the cheap plain wood ones that fall apart.

CCM thornton, but it's so hard to find blades with the thornton pattern anymore. Easton yzerman is second, they're pretty damn similar but all I can find from easton are uber expensive Z-carbons and the cheap plain wood ones that fall apart.

Try a Koho Amonte. They make great blades for a low price. (torpedo wood, hybirds, etc)