Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KillerCarlson

Favorite Curve & Why

Hey Guys!

I know that a lot of times we have to settle for a curve that is "close" to what our ideal curve would be (maybe you're an Easton guy, and they just don't have your perfect curve)...but what is your perfect curve...which pattern? And why if you don't mind.

All you guys with custom curves...can you describe your patterns?

Unfortunately there is no retail pattern that matches what I want. I like a 1/2" heel/mid-heel, 5 lie, moderately open. I'm using some pro stocks right now that are absolutely perfect. The only retail pattern that I've found to be even close to what I want is the Sherwood Crosby. It's a damn shame that they don't have a tapered composite blade. A longer and more open Modano pattern would be good too.

I got some custom blades last spring and while I like them I think I will be changing my pattern on the next purchase.

My blades are essentially Lidstrom curves with a touch less curve, a bit less loft and a round toe instead of a square one.

I think for my next blades I will be going with more of a heel curve, 1/2 inch deep, with a bunch of loft so I can raise the puck easier when I get partially tied up.

hmm..grew up on the Bourque pattern..moved to a LeClair retail when they first came out..liked the closed face, 5lie-ish..mid curve..

lately..Modano/Iginla retail stuff..although if i could find the specs on the old Bauer Modin retail, I'd get some custom of those...

CCM Recchi curve. I play centre so I find it better if there is nothing too extreme.

It's a mid curve with moderate depth (3/4"), closed angle, lie 5, round toe.

(Stats courtesy of Modsquad pattern database).

I tried an Iggy curve, and although it looked similar, the lie was very different so I had to give it up.

JJ

I've been switching between a CCM Lecalier and an Easton Drury. But I like the Drury better because of the round toe and shorter length.

Innovative "Kariya/Larionov".

ive used the inno, tps, and busch larionov... but i like the karyia by easton... ive got a couple of the karyia synergy's... whats the inno karyia like? i heard its a little different from the easton.

Steve Sullivan pro curve. I loved the A but I am getting used to the newer D curve. 1/4" heel/mid-heel, somewhat open and the D has a little more curve at the toe.

I loved the Yzerman curve cause i am a toe dragger :).Moved then to sakic then back to a look alike yzerman (thornton) and i might try the brendl.But the think is i play ball hockey.So i like the big curves.

Drury's for retail. I'd prefer a hair less curve and a lie around 4.5 though.

I am currently trying out some differen't curves right now, an old Leetch and old Vic Naslund mostly, but I always seem to go back to the Drury.

Easton Drury/Inno Kovalev retail. The openness puts the puck up real quick close in, the rockered toe gets more blade on the ice when stickhandling or (desperation) shooting close to the body, and I like heel curves for stickhandling/shooting in general.

old easton thornton, drury, basically any heel with minimal curve and a decent amount of loft. I'd love to try a sakic pro, which is basically a paddle.

Pretty much what Cavs uses. Any heel with loft pretty much sums it up. I'm not too picky when it comes to curves, I just can't stand mids or toes. I can actually use a Modano pretty well, but I just prefer loft on it.

I would kill for a Drury in a 5 lie

I hope you manufacturers are reading this. Open heel curve with 5 lie! I'm tired of running around finding pro stocks.