Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tjobity

Heatley Seriously Injured

Are those neon yellow tuuks on his skates?

But thats just such a bad turn of events for heatley....Im sure he already had enough of injury memorance on his mind from the crash and now this.....I hope he recovers fully.

Half shields still protect a lot more than nothing...and well most pros don't have their helmets near snug enough to keep them in place when something happens or the helmet has that tilt back ,etc..actually the pic on TSN shows just that with Heatley..his visor is essentially useless as he gets hit...

either way its a tragedy..i feel for the guy and all he's been through in the past year...wonder if this will start to send some of the NHL'ers home..realizing that insurance policy may just be coming into play and they can get hurt over here..

man..i hadn't realized he was an RFA until Bucci just talked about it on ESPNews...

his head was tilted back a bit..but that was a bang bang play...i don't know if anything can help you in that situation...

whenever heatley has a a visor on its really tilted up, i remember the last couple of years while he was playing for team canada, the commentators metioned how it was pointless the way he was wearing it

I hope he's insured...

He is. It was a major concern before the NHLers same over during the lockout. They could only sign with a Euro team if they had full insurance to protect their home NHL team from losses. They players are personally protected as well.

hossa???

hossa didn't get injured??? didn't he just get his stick up into berrard's eye?

I was talking about when his shield got shattered from a slapshot.

hossa got hit with a shoot or stick straight in the mask and broke it in half. the broken part cut him really bad. this was a while back.

hossa???

hossa didn't get injured??? didn't he just get his stick up into berrard's eye?

He took a shot off the visor last year right before the All Star break.

anyone seen this? I'd check TSN.ca for a link, I just missed it on TV. I heard Briere basically fired a wrist shot and hammered him in the face. Heatley was on the Ice with a D overtop of him. At least this is the version I was told.

I like Dany but Karma's a bitch.

I was kind've thinking that. Weird how things tend to even themselves out, Heatley now, Hossa before.

my visor is always way tilted up, i cant help it, 2 minutes into the game my visor is no where near my eyes, the only reason i still have it on is because for some dumb reason it makes me feel more confident, ive taken it off before and i feel really vulnerable

It sucks what happened to Dany Heatley, but it's hard for me to feel sorry for players who add unnecessary risk by choosing not to wear visors or wear them improperly. Anyway I don't want to start a whole visors vs. no visors arguement. I just hope Heatley recovers ok.

No, they are just painted holders. I've seen Sylvain Lefebvre skates and he have green lightspeed painted. I had ask his son about the green holder and he told me they were just painted.

I'm not kidding here: those green blade holders are sponsored by an advertiser. Everyone on Bern has them.

And I'm pretty sure it's just a spraypaint job.

I like Dany but Karma's a bitch.

I was kind've thinking that. Weird how things tend to even themselves out, Heatley now, Hossa before.

What's the karma on Hossa? He was merely following through on a shot when his stick caught Berard.