Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joshison

Hockey fight.

Funny? Nope.

Jorgenson kept his guard low and led with his chin. Twice.

If there's humor here, I'm missing it, too.

I dont really see any humor in this either, but i can tell you that guy wont be dropping the gloves again any time soon...

I like the hustle from the linesman to get in there to protect the player that just got splattered on the first punch :rolleyes:

At the point where the linesman was starting to move in, the player in white was already getting back up and attempting to re-engage.

Would you like to get in the way of a punch to the head? The answer is no.

At the point where the linesman was starting to move in, the player in white was already getting back up and attempting to re-engage.

Would you like to get in the way of a punch to the head? The answer is no.

I've seen refs do it numerous times, most times the ref is there before the player gets back up

I've seen refs do it numerous times, most times the ref is there before the player gets back up

The linesman (both of them) are already right there. What more do you want him to do? Not get out of the way and get socked in the head? Yeah... right. :facepalm:

The linesman (both of them) are already right there. What more do you want him to do? Not get out of the way and get socked in the head? Yeah... right. :facepalm:

Guarantee the kid doesn't throw the second haymaker if the refs step in after the first one, it's not like the kid slipped and fell and they let them go..... Show me one time in a NHL fight where linesman have watched a player get dropped with a bomb and let them get back up for a second haymaker? I guess using your logic the refs should just stand there till they beat each other senseless because they may get punched.. :facepalm: look I can use that also

Guarantee the kid doesn't throw the second haymaker if the refs step in after the first one.

Wrong. ~90% of people can't make a decision that quickly under normal circumstances. And you think that a person that is in a fight that has that amount of adrenaline going through them has the ability to? Hah.

Show me one time in a NHL fight where linesman have watched a player get dropped with a bomb and let them get back up for a second haymaker?

I'm not going to dig through thousands of fight videos just to show you one example. I guarantee you though that it has happened a couple times, and only a couple times. Why? Because NHL linesman get paid the big bucks because they are that good. The linesman in the video posted here, are not.

I guess using your logic the refs should just stand there till they beat each other senseless because they may get punched...

They could've gotten in there, maybe, but with the kid already getting back up (which was stupid, he should've stayed down), and the other kid already in motion, everyone (save NHL linesman maybe) would've done the same thing and not gotten in the way.

Your logic is ill informed and probably (I say probably because I don't know how high a level you have played) formulated from watching fights and not actually being in them, whether as a fighter or a linesman. Lemme tell ya, whether you're taking punches or giving them or breaking up a fight, all of which I have been involved in, there are procedures and unwritten codes that people (most people anyway) follow.

That said, we wouldn't be going back and forth about the linesman if the kid who got clocked had just stayed down in the first place.

To the OP: The video wasn't really funny, but I did get a chuckle out of watching the dummy get back up and get clocked again. Totally his own fault.

That said, we wouldn't be going back and forth about the linesman if the kid who got clocked had just stayed down in the first place.

To the OP: The video wasn't really funny, but I did get a chuckle out of watching the dummy get back up and get clocked again. Totally his own fault.

Even if he'd got up slowly, he might not have got hit again, but it looked to me like he got back up on autopilot, with his brain already knocked out of action.

Being someone that made my junior teams based on more on my ability to fight than to score goals I'd say I have a pretty good understanding of how these work... That said, we can agree to disagree on how the linesman should have handled that. I don't put any blame on the guy throwing the bombs, you're right in that the heat of the moment their not gonna stop. That's why I think the responsibility lies with the refs to get in asap when a guy is obviously in trouble, which I think it was

The Linesman WAS there and attempting to step in - it was a DICK move for Blackwater to step up and throw one over\past the linesman's shoulder after he just knocked the guy down with the stripes moving in..... Showed NO RESPECT for his opponent there.... What if one linesman steps in, takes the haymaker in the ear and just maybe Blackwater gets a match penalty? Or more likely the linesman get injured? I don't care what level it is, I don't get paid enough to get hurt protecting you from your own stupidity. We teach the officials to go in when it is safe for them to do so, and to go in as a team so that neither player can gain an advantage and do just what Blackwater did - Land a cheap shot.

The Linesman WAS there and attempting to step in - it was a DICK move for Blackwater to step up and throw one over\past the linesman's shoulder after he just knocked the guy down with the stripes moving in.....

I concur

The Linesman WAS there and attempting to step in - it was a DICK move for Blackwater to step up and throw one over\past the linesman's shoulder after he just knocked the guy down with the stripes moving in..... Showed NO RESPECT for his opponent there.... What if one linesman steps in, takes the haymaker in the ear and just maybe Blackwater gets a match penalty? Or more likely the linesman get injured? I don't care what level it is, I don't get paid enough to get hurt protecting you from your own stupidity. We teach the officials to go in when it is safe for them to do so, and to go in as a team so that neither player can gain an advantage and do just what Blackwater did - Land a cheap shot.

Respect your opinion around here, pretty evident that my views on it are off base.... Just don't like seeing a guy out on his feet take another haymaker

.....Not that I don't respect the rest of you bums opinions haha