Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mario123

APX vs. X60

That can't be true because I wore vapor 8, XX, XXX, XXXX, with no volume/tongue pressure issues.

There seems to be more volume in my APX than any other vapor I have tried on.

Can't comment on fit because I went custom with APX's. Heaven!

Noticeably lighter. Much, much, much nicer lining, I could probably play without socks if I wanted to.

I'm fine with the stiffness of both the APX and x60. I like the tongue on the APX more. It's not as bulky, flexes much better. I can actually tuck it under my shinguard. I give my x60 LE's the nod in the looks department, but the APX's are growing on me.

I'm just about to start playing ice and I was looking at the X:60. It is still a high end skate at a reasonable price.

For starting out I don't see the point in spending all that money on the APX?

Any thoughts?

Oh I am wearing Bauer inline RX:60's so I figure the fit/feel will be the same. I am finding the Bauer's to be A LOT stiffer as I have always only warn mission. But recently decided to make the jump so I get use to the bauer skate fit.

I get a tiny bit of ankle soreness after a game in my RX:60's but nothing to write home about, My ankle will adjust in time.

Can't comment on fit because I went custom with APX's. Heaven!

Noticeably lighter. Much, much, much nicer lining, I could probably play without socks if I wanted to.

I'm fine with the stiffness of both the APX and x60. I like the tongue on the APX more. It's not as bulky, flexes much better. I can actually tuck it under my shinguard. I give my x60 LE's the nod in the looks department, but the APX's are growing on me.

Since you chose a custom boot, which liner did you end up with?

Stuck with the standard/stock liner. I never liked the X60's liner. Just a weird, rubbery, abrasive texture, in my opinion.

I kept just about all the standard options, just went with custom boot sizes.

We also did some tweaking in the toe box for Joe's skates. Otherwise, there was no need to create a Frankenstein skate.

We also did some tweaking in the toe box for Joe's skates. Otherwise, there was no need to create a Frankenstein skate.

Haha, I was going to mention that, but I lumped it in with custom boot. I went 1/8" wider on the right toe box, for those wondering. Felt like my toes were touching a little more on the right foot than the left when trying on standard sizes.

For starting out I don't see the point in spending all that money on the APX?

Any thoughts?

If you feel you're used to a more flexible boot, perhaps find leftover X40's and save some more money. Start cheaper and work your way up once you figure out your likes and dislikes with a particular skate. The only reason I bought the X60 LE's over the X40's was because I wanted the black boot. Lame, I know, but I don't like flashy graphics on my equipment. I took my likes and dislikes of the X60s and decided to move to APX's as a result. I hope this helps give some perspective.

Haha, I was going to mention that, but I lumped it in with custom boot. I went 1/8" wider on the right toe box, for those wondering. Felt like my toes were touching a little more on the right foot than the left when trying on standard sizes.

If you feel you're used to a more flexible boot, perhaps find leftover X40's and save some more money. Start cheaper and work your way up once you figure out your likes and dislikes with a particular skate. The only reason I bought the X60 LE's over the X40's was because I wanted the black boot. Lame, I know, but I don't like flashy graphics on my equipment. I took my likes and dislikes of the X60s and decided to move to APX's as a result. I hope this helps give some perspective.

The X60's come with a black boot?? Hmm... I would much prefer these.

Know anywhere that still have these and would ship to Australia?

I'm a 7EE in RX60's I don't see me being any different in ice skates do you?

They're pretty hard to find since they've been discontinued. Ebay might be your best bet.

Stuck with the standard/stock liner. I never liked the X60's liner. Just a weird, rubbery, abrasive texture, in my opinion.

I kept just about all the standard options, just went with custom boot sizes.

I was also under the impression that Bauer wouldn't be doing any "customs" until fall? Did that timeline get bumped up?

Know anywhere that still have these and would ship to Australia?

I'm a 7EE in RX60's I don't see me being any different in ice skates do you?

My X60 LE's are 7EE, I think my friend's taking them, though.

I was also under the impression that Bauer wouldn't be doing any "customs" until fall? Did that timeline get bumped up?

We put my order in Mid-May. They didn't start processing customs until June 1st. Got the skates at the end of June. Not sure what kind of lead-time there would be for it, can only speak of my experience.

No, every year they have a factory shutdown. They will be back up in August.

Could anybody tell me what would be a good felt tongue replacement for the apx, and i could get tongues? I just got them and the tongue is digging throught the interior ankle bones, which are slightly more forward than normal. The only replacement i found locally here in montreal is a pair of ccm felt tongues, i really wanted grafs but most pro shop refused to deal with graf for ordering because of some shipment issues with them.

EDIT found a great bauer felt tongue locally, if anybody is interested in the apx tongues pm me