Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Official Warrior Widow Discussion Thread

i just picked up a widow pro stock from the kings, the blade is chipped a little but nothing i couldnt fix.

I will say this, to Miseaujeu

If everyone is complaining about the blade durability, hows this for a good example, the 06-07 pro stock dolomite blades were tanks, durable and never broke if rarely and even the retail ones were great too! Why not go back to that composition? i'm still using my leftover pro replacement ones from back then and no softening on them or anything.

Thanks for the suggestion. We have been working on many "improvements"...can't get into the details, but there's been a ton of R&D put into it and we have looked at all possibilities while keeping in mind of performance, weight and durability.

Pro blades, are very different from piece to piece...it would impossible to know (even with the players name) what construction your blades were. They change all the time and we have more options available to pros than any other manufacturer for construction.

I'd like to order some custom replacement blades. Does anyone have experience ordering customs blades from Warrior? Minimum order and if i can send in a stick for them to clone? Thx!

I'd like to order some custom replacement blades. Does anyone have experience ordering customs blades from Warrior? Minimum order and if i can send in a stick for them to clone? Thx!

To the best of my knowledge, that is not an option without going through a back door.

is burrows using a matte widow se (red) at the world champs? or does that have nipple grip and just in red? u guys always know the answer to these weird questions

My blade went first week of May in a tournament. I've had my Widow since Oct/Nov. My shot sucked in the last game. It apeared as though the stick blade was twisting open under the torque of my shot. I have anything but a cannon and play in a relatively competitive Adult C league, I occasionaly use my slapshot. I went to retape my stick later in the week. As I peeled off the old tape I noticed my blade had delaminated on the bottom and cracked vertically in about the middle of the blade.

I REALLY LOVED this stick. I'd love to get another. I'm just not sure I can justify getting a new one until this issue is corrected. It just seems to be a recurring weak point.

I had EXACTLY the same situation, except the stick was a lot newer. I had it for about 40 days, played 6 times. I went to retape it and there was a hole on the bottom of the blade and a vertical crack that had formed in the middle of the blade (which had begun to spread horizontally). I called Warrior and they said they have been having problems with the Widow blades (I found it interesting that they'd acknolwedge it on the phone; must be having LOTS of problems) and would give me a new stick under warranty even though it was 10 days beyond the 30 day period. Still waiting to receive the new one. So I'm (so far) very impressed with Warrior's customer service, but not so much with the blade durability.

I've had two break like that. Mid blade. Vertical crack starting at the base of the blade. One was on a stick I'd only used twice. The other was used for about 2-3 months IIRC. My third one has held up better, but the blade is starting to disintegrate. I have another on the way. If I don't get at least a few months out of it, I may be saying goodbye to Warrior for a while. I absolutely love these twigs, but I can't afford to have them break this quickly. Hopefully the Covert or whatever the replacement is will be more durable without sacrificing balance and performance.

Hi everybody, first post but I've been lurking here for a while, so much great info!

Same thing here, vertical crack in the blade, mine was closer to the heel though. It still felt surprisingly stiff, until I twisted the blade by hand, then it was obvious. Happened after about 5 or 6 times on the ice, C level beer league. Unfortunately, I got it around Christmas and didn't get to use it until mid january, so it was well over the 30 days by the time it went. Probably should have tried to warranty it anyway as it sounds like Warrior was generous with these claims, but I didn't. For reference, I'm usually very easy on sticks, my x50 lasted well over a year, and I'm still carrying around an old s17 as my backup.

I also loved the stick for the short time it lasted, puck feel was easily the best of any composite i've used (never had a one95 t hough), and shots are amazing once you get used to it. Slappers were weird at first, but I found that laying off a bit (a lot actually) and letting the stick do the work really helped. In the end, I wish I could keep buying these, but it is nowhere near economically feasible.

I had EXACTLY the same situation, except the stick was a lot newer. I had it for about 40 days, played 6 times. I went to retape it and there was a hole on the bottom of the blade and a vertical crack that had formed in the middle of the blade (which had begun to spread horizontally). I called Warrior and they said they have been having problems with the Widow blades (I found it interesting that they'd acknolwedge it on the phone; must be having LOTS of problems) and would give me a new stick under warranty even though it was 10 days beyond the 30 day period. Still waiting to receive the new one. So I'm (so far) very impressed with Warrior's customer service, but not so much with the blade durability.

SAME exact thing here...after about 5-6 games I noticed that the blade was split vertically right up the middle. I returned it today for a warranty replacement, but I am nervous that the same thing is going to happen...especially since this has been confirmed by Warrior to be a definite blade issue.

On the plus side, if it is in fact a blade issue then they are probably scrambling to remedy it so they don't keep sending out lesser product.