Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Official Warrior Widow Discussion Thread

Let's try this again - in the midst of cleaning up the mess that several members left on the thread, we deleted the whole thread...it was an accident, I swear!

Miseaujeu will be able to answer any and all questions you may have on the Widow.

I feel bad as there was a lot of good info in there...

Was durability tested on the widow taper part? I am close to purchasing but tapered section scares me (looks fragile)

This is a fair concern. When you look at the Taper, it is very aggressive and our engineering team was very aware of this when designing that area. The Taper does look thin on the outer dimension, but it is reinforced on the inner dimension as well.

So the video review by IIW says that is a true one piece that is not fused together. Is that really the case?

Yes, that is correct.

Are the youth widows scaled down versions of the junior/senior widows? Or are concessions made in materials/construction in order to get to the sub $100 price-point?

Are the youth widows scaled down versions of the junior/senior widows? Or are concessions made in materials/construction in order to get to the sub $100 price-point?

Youth product is specifically designed for the needs of a smaller player. Much more flex, especially down low on the Widow product. Construction for Youth is not scaled down from JR or INT....it is it's own construction.

If it's possible, would there be a 2 piece version of the Widow?

There is no 2pc version for the Widow or Dagger Taper Technology.

I purchased a widow from my LHS, it was a great stick. The taper held up great. I too was concerned with the longevity, however it was pretty solid.

So by all the past tense phrases I am guessing the stick is no longer with us? How did it break?

I thought the Diablo? Was a two piece with dagger tech.

DIablo is a 1pc fused product.

2pc, to me, usually refers to shaft and blade product.

Why did you guys decide to not offer a Senior 75 flex? Or will there be some kind of delayed release/release of a 'limited edition' Widow featuring a 75 flex?

So by all the past tense phrases I am guessing the stick is no longer with us? How did it break?

On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everything drops to zero. I play a lot, and I coach so the stick was seeing a ton of use. I really liked it, however I think I'll go back to Easton, my S19 held up longer subjected to the same environment. I'm not bashing warrior, or this stick but I just think the Easton is more durable.

Why did you guys decide to not offer a Senior 75 flex? Or will there be some kind of delayed release/release of a 'limited edition' Widow featuring a 75 flex?

Your answers will come very soon, I'm sorry I can't expand on it just yet. There will be an event in June that will blow your socks off.

What is going to be the top of the line warrior 2 piece? are they going to be making a 2 pc diablo?

Top line 2pc remains the Dolomite and AK27 product (depending on your preference of Standard or Taper connection) There will not be a 2pc Diablo this year.

Your answers will come very soon, I'm sorry I can't expand on it just yet. There will be an event in June that will blow your socks off.

If this will be Warrior offering it in 70 or below flex, but with a Sr. profile, you've just sold yourself two sticks :cool:

If this will be Warrior offering it in 70 or below flex, but with a Sr. profile, you've just sold yourself two sticks :cool:

I'll let the speculation inferno begin. But I'll let this group know as soon as we are ready to release info.

Miseaujeu - Any plans for Kremlin curve on the Widow? The curve is an absolute winner in the playability/functionality department.

Yikes...you're a better player than me. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with that curve.

We've had tremendous success with a pattern that we "took a chance on". We can't ignore it for future releases, but I can't confirm timelines just yet.

I know the flex after cutting down was discussed a lot in the previous thread, but I have question I didn't feel was answered. I like my sticks around 65-70 and don't want to go any stiffer. I usually leave my sticks at retail intermediate height, so cutting the widow 3 inches. The stick will not get technically get stiffer, but because of less space to flex the stick, it will feel stiffer. So my question is, should i get a 55 and cut it down, or should I get a 70 and cut it? Also, my guess for the big release in June is a stick customizer which would allow you to pick a 75 flex senior stick.

I know the flex after cutting down was discussed a lot in the previous thread, but I have question I didn't feel was answered. I like my sticks around 65-70 and don't want to go any stiffer. I usually leave my sticks at retail intermediate height, so cutting the widow 3 inches. The stick will not get technically get stiffer, but because of less space to flex the stick, it will feel stiffer. So my question is, should i get a 55 and cut it down, or should I get a 70 and cut it? Also, my guess for the big release in June is a stick customizer which would allow you to pick a 75 flex senior stick.

If you are thinking of getting a Widow. Get a 70 and cut it down. You will still feel alot of flex since the flex profile flexes so much in the lower part of the stick.

No comment on your guess.

On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everything drops to zero. I play a lot, and I coach so the stick was seeing a ton of use. I really liked it, however I think I'll go back to Easton, my S19 held up longer subjected to the same environment. I'm not bashing warrior, or this stick but I just think the Easton is more durable.

Where did it break though? I understand wear and tear when it comes to playing competitive hockey, but I am curious where it broke.

Where did it break though? I understand wear and tear when it comes to playing competitive hockey, but I am curious where it broke.

It didn't break, in fact, he used it this weekend in a tournament. I actually have no idea what he's talking about, lol. He does play a lot, and coach, but as far as I could tell the stick was doing fine. And he's got a damn good shot, wrist, snap, and slap. But he had that before the widow, so take that for what it's worth. We're teammates and friends btw...

I need to see if I still have it. It broke higher than one would think, seeing as the taper is pretty thin. It was between the "fuse point" and the smallest part of the taper. I know the stick is said to be one-piece, but there is an area where the stick goes from clear to matte, and that is what I am referencing at the fuse point. There's a bump there.

It didn't break, in fact, he used it this weekend in a tournament. I actually have no idea what he's talking about, lol. He does play a lot, and coach, but as far as I could tell the stick was doing fine. And he's got a damn good shot, wrist, snap, and slap. But he had that before the widow, so take that for what it's worth. We're teammates and friends btw...

Widow #2. Curve is too nice.