Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Official Warrior Widow Discussion Thread

Can anyone comment on adding a wood extension to a Widow? Yes, even the 63" length is a little short for me. I will likely add another 2".

I want to give one a whirl before the customizer options come online, but am worried that it will totally throw off the kick (more so than a standard mid or low kick stick).

Can anyone comment on adding a wood extension to a Widow? Yes, even the 63" length is a little short for me. I will likely add another 2".

I want to give one a whirl before the customizer options come online, but am worried that it will totally throw off the kick (more so than a standard mid or low kick stick).

I added an inch or two to mine and I didnt notice a difference. I wouldnt worry about it screwing up the kickpoint.

I know it was previously discussed somewhere maybe it was the older thread that got deleted. With the extra three inches added on, will cutting the stick down dramatically affect the flex? i know the ratio for cutting every 2 inches is ~8-10 flex.

I know it was previously discussed somewhere maybe it was the older thread that got deleted. With the extra three inches added on, will cutting the stick down dramatically affect the flex? i know the ratio for cutting every 2 inches is ~8-10 flex.

Think of it like this: If you buy a 100 flex Widow, it's 100 flex before the 3 inches are added on.

Think of it like this: If you buy a 100 flex Widow, it's 100 flex before the 3 inches are added on.

makes sense, thanks for clearing that up for me! helps my stick decision out a bit, waiting for the customizer or maybe an RS.

Actually, didn't Keith say you could cut the stick quite a bit without it altering the flex?

He did, but won't it still change since a longer object is easier to flex than a shorter object?

He did, but won't it still change since a longer object is easier to flex than a shorter object?

Not if the stick is designed to only flex in the area that you don't cut.

I normally cut my sticks to 58". two inches from normal retail heights. so i would have to cut 5" off the stick, i wasnt sure if the stick would get super stiff because of the amount cut.

Not if the stick is designed to only flex in the area that you don't cut.

I normally cut my sticks to 58". two inches from normal retail heights. so i would have to cut 5" off the stick, i wasnt sure if the stick would get super stiff because of the amount cut.

Nope. Just like Chad said. This stick is fabricated to only flex from your bottom hand down. Maybe even lower than that. 5" Shouldn't make as much of a difference than most other sticks. But maybe a only a few Flex 'points'.

Really liked my widow, but they arent built to take a lot of beating. mine broke mid blade about 3 weeks after buying it. right in the middle of a slap shot.

the replacement broke in the same place 4 weeks later.

other than that I really liked it.

hey guys, i wanted to have some people opinion on the durability of the stick, i iv read some people breaking it early, but am wondering if those were just defected sticks, has anyone had a good experience with them? thanks