Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Official Warrior Widow Discussion Thread

Awesome, thanks Jesus. Looks pretty damn sweet. Did anyone elses bank accounts just get a little scared?

EDIT: If they're offering fused construction, wouldn't that be made like the Dolomites? So if it breaks you can still turn it into a shaft with whatever custom flex/texture/graphic options you have. I'm sold if that's the case.

The ad calls out 12 patterns available. Based on the catalog, there are 11 senior patterns this year (Savard w 3 lies, Draper w 3 lies, Lidstrom, Vanek, Kovalev, Kovalchuk, and Gionta). I wonder if the 12th is the Ovechkin clone.

The ad calls out 12 patterns available. Based on the catalog, there are 11 senior patterns this year (Savard w 3 lies, Draper w 3 lies, Lidstrom, Vanek, Kovalev, Kovalchuk, and Gionta). I wonder if the 12th is the Ovechkin clone.

Don't mind the lies. There are 12 distinct patterns - and as K said, we'll discuss it when it's time. I have used the customizer already, and when everything arrives and we're able to speak on it, we will.

i'm assuming by "fused" they mean like the diablo construction. so the next question would be "can you convert the diablo to a shaft?"

If you don't know, don't make up answers. Just because some of us haven't answered all of the questions doesn't mean we don't know. We just can't put all the info out right now.

If you don't know, don't make up answers. Just because some of us haven't answered all of the questions doesn't mean we don't know. We just can't put all the info out right now.

post corrected.

Which Warrior is committed to; however, they cannot keep the Widow in stock. So, we wait.

We appreciate it.

Yes thanks guys. Always like to read the reviews and give the best feedback I can. I have gotten a lot of good stuff from them over the years.

This customizer is interesting, if they toss an Iginla clone into the mix then I could be convinced to throw the money down on a Widow.

Man, based on the info in this thread and some assumptions made by me, I may be getting a new stick in July! If the Dynasty is the new Dolo, the Zetterberg curve is a P88 clone, and this new crazy range of flexes in the customizer includes a flex roughly in the 80-82 range, then they've got my business for sure!

I wonder how this will effect price and what the turn around time will be. I sure do like the idea though! I have already given up my total one for the AK 2 piece. If they offer a heavy flex in something with the same dimensions I will gladly go to a custom! Sweet!

Man, based on the info in this thread and some assumptions made by me, I may be getting a new stick in July! If the Dynasty is the new Dolo, the Zetterberg curve is a P88 clone, and this new crazy range of flexes in the customizer includes a flex roughly in the 80-82 range, then they've got my business for sure!

Dynasty is not a customizable stick at this point. It is different than a Dolomite.

If the fused construction is indeed like the Diablo, that's kind of a buzz kill for someone like me. I don't like the idea of buying a stick, especially one at $200 or more, that's basically a big paperweight once the blade breaks or goes soft. I have a Widow just sitting in my room and there's nothing to do with it because of the taper. Still a great idea from Warrior, just not applicable in my case.

sorry I dont really have the time to read through this whole thread for an answer to my question. But I was just wondering if they are going to be making this available as just a shaft or do they only come as complete sticks?

sorry I dont really have the time to read through this whole thread for an answer to my question. But I was just wondering if they are going to be making this available as just a shaft or do they only come as complete sticks?

Completer stick. At this point your two piece choice remains AK27 and Dolomite.

If the fused construction is indeed like the Diablo, that's kind of a buzz kill for someone like me. I don't like the idea of buying a stick, especially one at $200 or more, that's basically a big paperweight once the blade breaks or goes soft. I have a Widow just sitting in my room and there's nothing to do with it because of the taper. Still a great idea from Warrior, just not applicable in my case.

The fused would be like a Dolomite, not a Diablo.

Just saw an ad for sticks on mywarriorhockey.com on the back cover of the USA Hockey Mag. Pretty sick! I ordered a Diablo yesterday to try out and if I like it I'll be ordering more off of that site.

I've been using my Widow (85 Vanek) twice a week now since early April. The stick shows use to an extent one would expect from a stick that old, but no problems with the blade yet. Though I would tend to recommend this stick to a player that opts for a wrist shot over a slap shot. 100% satisfied with it so far and wouldnt hesitate to get another.

For those who've used the Widow or Diablo, how do you like it compared to the Dolomite or AK27?

Compared to the dolomite it shoots and feels better just an all around better stick imo. I cant comment on the AK27 though.