Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I love this boot but this is the biggest problem, imho they got something badly wrong here with the join between the toe cap and the boot. Oh for something like impact gel across the seam. I tape my feet up with cotton wool and or a strip of impact gel. You can also get bunion or corn gel protectors that slide on over the toe and cover the area of the foot that contacts the seam. Other than this there is no answer as the problem does not go away.

• Like 1

<p>ah well , taping my feet sounds like to much hassle haha</p>

<p>someone said to me try rubbing vaseline on my sock at the part that its rubbing might try that. or my reebok ice hockey skates hae like the impact gel across the seam but dont think theres any way to really stick some to the inside of the boot where the join is.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>but unlike you im not realy getting any pain while skating, its just afterwards when i take my skates of that i get the pain, and like you can see they've been rubbing my feet, but the pains gone prety quickly like 1 mins.</p>

Edited by GQRDY

stick some to the inside of the boot where the join is.

I've tried that but can't find anything suitable to hold the gel pad in place. Ideally one could slip it under boot liner and glue / stitch it there but access to that part of the boot is really difficult unless you take the tongue out (more cost).

I'm going to try some "Gel Bunion Shield Toe Protector" and some "Re-usable Adhesive Protective Gel Dot Pads" to see which works best.

<p>but unlike you im not realy getting any pain while skating, its just afterwards when i take my skates of that i get the pain, and like you can see they've been rubbing my feet, but the pains gone prety quickly like 1 mins.</p>

Yeah, it started like this for me also. Thought it would go away if I just skated a little less, if I protected my feet a little more etc etc. After a while as soon as you start skating it starts to hurt after a few minutes on the rink and then it's permanent every time you pull your skates on. Goodness knows what would happen if I didn't skate for a month or so, I don't have time to find out. If you are only in them once or twice a week you may get away with it but I'm in them every day for hours at a time, sigh..... I should own shares in a medical tape company.

Edited by Vet88

Yeah, it started like this for me also. Thought it would go away if I just skated a little less, if I protected my feet a little more etc etc. After a while as soon as you start skating it starts to hurt after a few minutes on the rink and then it's permanent every time you pull your skates on. Goodness knows what would happen if I didn't skate for a month or so, I don't have time to find out. If you are only in them once or twice a week you may get away with it but I'm in them every day for hours at a time, sigh..... I should own shares in a medical tape company.

well at least i know whats coming. but yeah im only on them twice a week 1.5 hours each time so fingers crossed.i get the same pain sometimes on my ice skates if they havent been used in over a week.

i thought u could maybestick something in with no more nails or some like superglue substance. if it starts happining to me somethings going to have to be done, il problay try vaseline on thursday see what happens.

Vet88 & GQRDY, I've been in the CA9 RPD almost 2 months now & have not experienced the issue with the toe cap that the both of you are experiencing.

well ive only realy used them for 1.5 hours proper trainning. i dont know if its just break in pains, coz there still stiff and were;nt tight enough.

did u get yours rubbing around that area before they were first broke in?

The only issue I had with the toebox was it stiff & rigid prior to baking, almost like putting my forefoot in a vice grip.

Once I baked the skate and skated in the CA9 RPD over a period of time, I do not have any issue with the width or stiffness in the forefoot of the skate.

Additionally, I never experienced any discomfort caused by friction from the connection between the boot & the toe cap.

well ive got tranning tommroow night , im hoping that coz theyve been baked and then use once that i can get them tight enought and i wont get any discomfort

For those that are having issue where the toe box joins the quarter, you may want to have the boots put on a boot stretcher. If you do this, you can add at least 1cm to the width, and that should eliminate any pain issues.

after skating in my skates again Thursday, i'm not sure that i'm having the same issue as the Vet88 , because my skates felt much more comfortable on my feet. and was able to get them a lot tighter as well there was still as small amount of pain where they had rubbed previously,but i'm just putting it down to not being tight enough the first time.they still did feel way better on my left foot than my right, but then my right foot is smaller .i'm hoping when i use them next week there even better

For those that are having issue where the toe box joins the quarter, you may want to have the boots put on a boot stretcher. If you do this, you can add at least 1cm to the width, and that should eliminate any pain issues.

thanks for the advice Justin but i wouldn't want to stretch the boot unless there was no other option because once its done it cant be undone.i normally wear a D width skate without any issues.il wait and see how they feel next time

This may be a dumb question... but is there any technology or features that are specific to the roller game for Alkali sticks?

any chances on a square toe pattern coming out? Something like a Heatley or Geztlaf clone.

This may be a dumb question... but is there any technology or features that are specific to the roller game for Alkali sticks?

any chances on a square toe pattern coming out? Something like a Heatley or Geztlaf clone.

There is definitely some technology is our sticks specific to roller:

CA9 RPD: On this stick we have a Vibration Dampening Coating (VDC) that helps with the feel of the plastic roller pucks. This coating has a bit of tack also reduces the need for tape on the blade.

CA3: The blade of this stick is ABS, which can be used on cement/asphalt.

We may come with something next year in the blade pattern similar to the Getzlaf.

What models are people experiencing the toecap issue with? I am looking at possibly buying the CA7 or CA9 now that my Mission Boss skates have the outsole splitting from the toecap after only two years of use.

What models are people experiencing the toecap issue with? I am looking at possibly buying the CA7 or CA9 now that my Mission Boss skates have the outsole splitting from the toecap after only two years of use.

It all depends on yr foot shape, balance and how you skate. My right foot little toe gets a blister, left foot is fine. Team mates have no issues. I know a couple of pros at Narch who always tape up a toe or two because of blisters. All of these folk are either in CA9's or RPD's .

At the end of the day some get blisters and some don't. It may be a pita to have to tape a toe up but that shouldn't put you off what is a very good skate.

I just want to say that I'm a big fan of the CA5 gloves. I was looking for a 4 roll anything with an extra layer in the thumb and the alkali was the least expensive of the bunch. Big plus having plastic inserts (not that I ever get slashed, it's just neat knowing they're in there) and the moisture wicking liner. Apparently I just wanted to share that.

For the .eu folks: the newsletter for hockeycorner.de just announced an easter-special, -20% off all alkali products (coupon code same as the company name) - 31.03. 00:00 to 02.04. 11:00 :)

Might get myself some new gloves.....

whats the crack with the CA9 girdle justin with regards to the UK demand? ive had one on order for 4 week along with some ca6 pants, i was told they are due in today by my retailer but was messaged today by ALKALI UK on Facebook and told the girdle is not released here yet and the covers are still 3-4 week away! gutted aint the word! i was due to start back training tonight but needed my girdle & pants so ive had to cancel tonights session with the crap news. i bought a pair of ca4 skates and they arrived in 5 days so im pretty peed off ive waited this long only to be told to wait 4 weeks longer.

cheers

mark

Uk

Mark,

Not sure why the delay in the pants. We have them in stock and there is not a delay in getting them. I don't know their inventory status or what orders they have with us (I will have to check on Monday).

Edited by Justin 1933

hi justin - thanks for taking the time to reply to me, im off to pick up my ca5 girdle a little later on so il question them about the pants,

sorry to sound so negative 8-)

just really like your gear and after a week of reserching other gear and deciding alkali is the one i actualy wanted then to wait and wait then be told its on its wait then to wait again then be told its here but then its another 3 week wait was frustrating! lol,

anyway on the plus side i love my ca4 skates! comfty aint the word!!!

atho not the most expensive & best in your range there a nice skate,

im certain my next pair will be a pair of RPDs.

all the best

mark

I have a pair of Bauer rx60, hi-lo frame, and i want to change for an all 80mm frame, is the RDP frame a "plug and play" or i'll have to drill new holes and a hole for the 2nd wheel?