Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I've got CA9's and RX60's and the frame holes do line up as far as i can tell. I measured the distances between each hole along and across the frame and they appear to all be the same. Alkali do not recess any wheels into the boot so you won't have to modify the rx60 boot for the wheels to fit.

Edited by Vet88

Just for anyone who is curious, when I mounted a pair of Mission Magnesium frames onto CA9 RPD's, the holes lined up almost perfectly. Only needed to widen a couple.

Am I able to remove the 80mm wheels and replace with 78mm wheels? Just have an extra pair and would like to occasionally use the skates outside.

k well I did it so I guess I answered my own question. Is there anything wrong with doing this though? No damage can be done right?

Edited by Beleafer

After reading this entire thread i've had a few revelations.

After trying on AC1 Inhalers(not aware of Bauers ownership of mission) coming from Wicked 3s I was a little disappointed with the lack of stiffness and the almost non existant forward pitch.

Learning about your role in Mission Justin when my Wicked lights were current, how good your current products are and not to mention excellent customer service i've decided that the CA9 RPD's are the best possible successor to my long serving Wickeds.

If they're anything like the wickeds they'll be rockets!

The change to all 80mm will be a breeze and wont make much of an impact on my skating apart from the increased speed, if I can survive the regular bleeding ankles of the Wickeds I can handle anything and i've got the permanent ankle scars to prove it. lol

If i'm coming from a size 10EE wicked 3 what size CA9 RPD will I need?

Thanks in advance, can't wait to get my CA9s. :D

Great to hear. You should fit in the same size as your wickeds. Our skate sizing is very similar to pre Bauer Mission. Good luck and let me know if you have any additional questions.

ok, so im finally ready to buy some skates. i will primarily be playing outdoors, practicing with my kids, and possibly joining an indoor league later on. I,m thinking the ca4 would be my smart choice over the ca3. any thoughts on either of these skates?

ok, so im finally ready to buy some skates. i will primarily be playing outdoors, practicing with my kids, and possibly joining an indoor league later on. I,m thinking the ca4 would be my smart choice over the ca3. any thoughts on either of these skates?

I havent skated in Alkali yet, but a guy on one of my league teams picked up a set of the CA4s and I had a chance to look at them last week. They seemed like a great skate for the price. Boots were stiff, and he said they were comfortable. I was impressed at that price point.

That's what i was thinking. Might be a little overkill for outdoor only use, but i figure the CA4 would be best to help me shake the rust off (havent skated in about 7-8 years) and would be a good skate for a first time indoor league. Thanks for the advice guys.

Hey Justin,

What specs/info can you give us on the new RPD Max skates and when will they be available for shipping?

The new chassis looks sweet too!

I need my new skates asap but i'm holding off for the new ones and am quite keen for any info.

Thanks, Sam. :D

Justin,
I prematurely had to shop for skates and as i promised you in another thread i decided to give alkali a try. I got my foot remeasured and using the same measurer and by the same person as last year he now measured my foot to be a wider D and not an E width which either i got a bad reading the first time or my foot has changed since i restarted playing hockey. but try as i might my foot just isnt built for your boot. without using any baking (LHS wont let me bake unless theyre bougth for obvious reasons) i got it on and it wasnt so bad but it just didnt fit my shape. with that said a guy just as big as me was buying his second pair and swore on them. for me im deciding between the tour fishbone pros in 9d or the mission ac2s in 9ee. for some reason even though im not measuring as an E anymore the regular mission Ds are a bit snug all around the toe box and an e width helped that.

As for the new skate it looks awesome. i like the subdued look of it, mission and tour can take a note from you, all white boots are ugly and get scuffed up hard and why tour put a fish on their top boot is beyond me, their 750 and 725 series look nice though. It seems that the front wheels there are way lower in the max, are they recessed like in other brands skates? i wish more people would do a faux hi-lo with all 80s doing a quick skate with the tours compared to my reeboks the turns i got seemed much tighter to the point i was surprised i could turn that quick. am i ranting again? maybe i should stop...

You most likely can't answer this question but no harm in asking, has the chassis redesign affected the pitch of the boot?

It just looks a little lower in that pic compared with pics of the CA9 RPD.

The aggressive forward pitch was a huge selling point for me on the Ca9 RPDs.

The pitch of the boot has not changed. We lowered both towers and have recessed the second wheels. Also, we adjusted the toe spring so that there is a perfect balance between the tendons that pull on your toes from above and below.

• Like 1

Saw alot of Alkali gear at a memorial day tournament this weekend and I'm intrigued. While I don't need new skates at the moment, I can always use new sticks. Any plans to roll out a kreps/e28 style curve anytime soon? Or is there already one and i missed it?

Not one in the line up for the RPDs. You didnt miss it.

Saw alot of Alkali gear at a memorial day tournament this weekend and I'm intrigued. While I don't need new skates at the moment, I can always use new sticks. Any plans to roll out a kreps/e28 style curve anytime soon? Or is there already one and i missed it?