Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

The comp is a bit better quality than the crossover. The Lite blade is very similar to the Crossover blade.

Could you please elaborate a little more? From reading the descriptions I was expecting the Lite to be a solid abs blade and the comp to be the one that was similar to the Crossover blade

thanks for the info guys; helps a lot. Living in Adelaide, Australia so going to a store is not an option as the only one in town is the proshop @ the rink and they don't stock too much but do have quite a decent selection of roller and ice stuff - just at prices you would not be willing to pay unless in a pinch. but hey can't blame the guy monopoly + has less buying power as there is a smaller market. I'm originally from Mississauga and would have A) gone to my local guy or B) gone to see what i could have got through the team.

just thought i would give an update on the skates. ended up going to for a 8.5 and they fit great. toes are just feathering the front so once i heat them they should be perfect!

thanks again to everyone on the board.

• Like 2

I'm looking to possibly buy some new inline skates, currently using some old Mission Heliums and they feel like boat anchors on my feet. I wear a 9 in my street shoe, my ice hockey skate are Graf Ultra G5's, size 7.5. My foot is on the border of D and E, I got "regular" width Graf's and had them punched accordingly, this worked out well. This brand has caught my eye, especially the customer service interactions I see here.

What model would you recommend for someone like myself, I'm playing twice a week, 40+ league. Not looking to break the bank, prefer to stay around the $299 range tops.

Thanks.

Edited by beedee

could you advise to choose skates?

i received RPD shft , i found chassis is mismounted on Boots and i will return it.

But Now HM dosen't have stock for RPD SHIFT 8size.

so I may choose another model(RPD MAX, RPD SHIFT+...)

I'm looking to possibly buy some new inline skates, currently using some old Mission Heliums and they feel like boat anchors on my feet. I wear a 9 in my street shoe, my ice hockey skate are Graf Ultra G5's, size 7.5. My foot is on the border of D and E, I got "regular" width Graf's and had them punched accordingly, this worked out well. This brand has caught my eye, especially the customer service interactions I see here.

What model would you recommend for someone like myself, I'm playing twice a week, 40+ league. Not looking to break the bank, prefer to stay around the $299 range tops.

Thanks.

You would most likely be a 7.5 in our skate. For $299 you can pick up an older Shift skate or the new RPD Team+ skate. Both are good skates and you can't go wrong with either.

• Like 2

sorry of this is a double up question but did a quick search of the board and can't find the recommended temp setting for baking skates. box says 9 min but no temp. I've looked on youtube and saw 175F (so about the 96C mark) is this right?

It is 175, but should only be done in a skate oven or convection oven.

thanks. done in a convection oven as no access to skate oven in Adelaide. worked well for me as i skated twice over the weekend and the skates went like a dream. I would not have gone the DIY method if there was a boot oven available.

Hi, I was wondering the fit of the new line up? My best fitting skates are my old Bauer Vapor XXV's...And I'd say I have a narrow to medium (D or just less than D) width foot, low instep, low volume.

I currently skate in Mission AC4's, but they are too wide and too high of a volume overall.

Inlinewarhouse says though that the fit of the new boot is a medium-high volume, medium-wide width, and medium wide toe box with narrow-medium heel. That doesn't really sound like it would be a "Great" fit, because I lean toward the "medium" width rather than wide.

I'll have to go try some on to confirm. Thank you for the reply though.

Thanks for the reply. I noticed there is an RPD Team from last year going for $199 at most retailers, Im going to try those on soon and see how they feel.

Edited by beedee

Inlinewarhouse says though that the fit of the new boot is a medium-high volume, medium-wide width, and medium wide toe box with narrow-medium heel. That doesn't really sound like it would be a "Great" fit, because I lean toward the "medium" width rather than wide.

I'll have to go try some on to confirm. Thank you for the reply though.

I would try some on if i was you... the boots dont come in a D or an EE fit... the boot itself is able to be heat molded out from D fit to a EE. When i tried them on, i defo found them to be on the "medium" scale more then wide.

Quick question for Justin or anyone for that matter. I just bought a pair of 2013 RPD Teams, and I swapped out the "x-soft" Millennium wheels for "soft" Millennium wheels. I am about 200 once all geared up, should I have gone for the 78a wheels?

Just to add, i will be going for the new shift+ when they are released next month. The fact Alkali put a smaller chassis on sizes 5-6.5 with smaller wheels is a clincher (i am a 6.5 size). Shows the thought they have put into every size range to make the most responsive skate for everyone (no matter how small or tall you are!).

Im struggling with this at the moment. I wear a size 7 skate, but an all 80mm frame almost makes me feel like im wearing speed skates. Wheel base is too long. Its quite a difference from the 80/72 ive been skating on for years. i tried to switch to 80/76 and even that felt awkward. Felt clunky almost. My issue is that i feel like the 72mm wheels in front are slowing me down. They are great for pushing off and accelerating, but i feel like i just have to work that much harder to keep my speed up when coasting. Im actually looking to convert a pair of Graf Ultra G7's and have been leaning towards the alkali ca9 to take the frame from in hopes that i can just get used to it. My other suspicion is that if i use a frame off of a size 6.5 Ca9 and put 76 instead of 80mm wheels on i think ill only be saving 4mm in total from the difference of back wheel and front wheel. Id assume middle wheels would not effect overall length of the frame. Anybody else with small feet make the shift to all 80? Also, anybody know if the alkali frame will fit the newer version Graf's that dont have a completely solid outsole?

Justin,

I skated last night for the first time in my 2013 RPD Team's, 7.5 size. I wear a 7.5 in Graf on the ice and my shoe size is 9. Overall they felt great, I'm coming from a Mission Helium Quatro 3500 with the HiLo, so the straight 80mm did take some adjusting. A few more games and I think I will be golden. I did notice the longer wheel base right off the bat, I almost fell backwards a couple times, but besides that they really seemed to carry speed wheel once I got going. For brand new skates, I was surprised that I did not suffer at all out there with the usual "break-in" period with these skates, bravo Alkali!

My question is this. Will my heels continue to settle in deeper into the heel pockets? My big toes were brushing the toe caps early in the game, I think the boots might have slightly loosened up throughout the game, as later in the game, my toes seemed to contact the caps even more. I didn't overly tighten the laces on the lower eyelets because I didn't want to hurt my feet the first time out. I made sure they were snug, but not too tight. The top two eyelets I pulled much tighter though. Any suggestions? I hope I didn't buy too small of a skate. :o/

Casey,

I wear a 7.5 and skated for the first time in an all 80, it did feel weird (longer wheel base) at first since I came from a HiLo set up before. I'm sure I won't even notice a difference in a few more weeks after skating on them a couple more times. The larger wheels all the way through did help maintain speed once you were up and going. Thats all I got for ya.