Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

The RPD Max is a better chassis than the CA9. Why would you switching from your Max skate to an MX3?

I skate in the supreme's for ice hockey and they feel a lot better when I skate on them... so im hoping that will translate to roller as I dont feel as comfortable when I'm skating in the Alkalis.

I have found that heels do settle in after time. I have notice at least 1-3mm change. I am a person who ties their skates very tight, since I like my foot not to move at all (I do skip the top eyelet).

• Like 1

I have found that heels do settle in after time. I have notice at least 1-3mm change. I am a person who ties their skates very tight, since I like my foot not to move at all (I do skip the top eyelet).

Thanks! I did put them on again last night at home and snugged them up even tighter than I did during my game. My foot felt more locked in place and the big toes weren't nearly as close to the end of the toe caps as before.

• Like 1

Thanks! I did put them on again last night at home and snugged them up even tighter than I did during my game. My foot felt more locked in place and the big toes weren't nearly as close to the end of the toe caps as before.

Hey beedee,

Any update on the fit of the skate? I just bought a pair of 6.5 alkalis mainly for the frame and wheels but if i could fit my foot into them and like how they feel i would consider keeping them intact. Like i said i wear a 7 which basically fit me perfect. How have yours felt size wise since skating on them a few times now? Id contemplate bakimg them but is rather try to sell the boot as "new" if theyre going to end up being too small which seems the likely outcome

Hey beedee,

Any update on the fit of the skate? I just bought a pair of 6.5 alkalis mainly for the frame and wheels but if i could fit my foot into them and like how they feel i would consider keeping them intact. Like i said i wear a 7 which basically fit me perfect. How have yours felt size wise since skating on them a few times now? Id contemplate bakimg them but is rather try to sell the boot as "new" if theyre going to end up being too small which seems the likely outcome

Hi Casey,

I sent you a PM.

Time for another update. After one game, I felt that the 7.5's (last years RPD Team) were not working for me, my toes were more crunched in the toe box rather than feathering the toe box. After going through a lengthy ordeal with initially ill fitting Grafs for ice hockey (also a 7.5) I didn't want to go through that ordeal all over again with my Alkali's.

Worked out a deal with my LHS and ended up getting a pair of the RPD Team+ (they didn't have an 8 in last years RPD Team) in a size 8, these fit MUCH BETTER! No ifs, ands or buts about it, my feet felt comfortable, my toes had room, but weren't swimming. This time they were baked for the proper 9 minutes in the skate oven (last time the sales associate only did it for 5), and I sat, then stood after a minute or two, then sat for the remainder. (i studied the Alkali bake video) Last night I used them for the first time and during warm ups I noticed that it was tough to get forward flex, as I had them laced all the way up. I skated my first shift like that and knew I had to undo the top eyelet to get that flex. Wow, this made a HUGE difference in my skating, as I could get my proper stride going. My heels stayed locked, and my foot was able to move in its natural position. I'm still adjusting to the full 80mm set up, but I have a feeling in another game or two I will be dialed.

• Like 2

Recently convinced a staunch quad only skater to give Alkali a go, so she picked up some brand new Comp + skates.

In her words " these are amazing and I'm in love with them!".

Got to try them briefly myself and I can say that chassis is the real deal!

Just goes to show just how great these products are!

• Like 2

Justin do any of the new line of pants have a zipper? Currently in the CA8's and love them but it's almost time to replace.

Tried using some without the zipper but it was pretty annoying.

Thanks

Finally saw the new RPD+ range in store today.

Really excited to get mine now (apparently whole sizes arrived to the UK...but another 3 weeks till half sizes arrive to distributor).

The Alkali guys have made a huge improvement to last years models in terms of the new materials (on shift and max), and the new liners look and feel great! The first thing a friend on mine commented on (who ive been trying to convert into getting some alkalis) was the comfort edge. I think that alone might have won him over!

Anyways.. good job Alkali!

• Like 2

In the market for new skates. Currently wearing an 8.5 Tour Thor ZX-9. Would I be better off going with a size 8 or 8.5 in Alkali (closest legit hockey store is 2 hrs away)? I also use an all 76 set-up as opposed to an all 80, would the recessed 2nd wheel have any affect if I used an all 76 set-up?

Thanks

I am personally a 10 shoe and wear a 8.5 skate. Our skates usually fit 1.5 size down from your shoe size (I have noticed people with shoe size 11 and above only go down 1 size).

Changing to 76mm wheel should not be an issue.

Hey Justin,

I am looking to get either the CA5 or the RPD Team (last years im assuming, black and white Labeda Chassis) and was wondering the differences from one model to the next and which would be better as I have a very narrow foot. The CA5 were a bit tight in the forefoot which I assume a baking would loosen up and the RPD Team felt like maybe a bit too much room in the forefoot or would they snug up and wrap after baking?

Also which has better heel lock as heel lift is a major issue since it is so narrow.

Thank You.

• Like 1

In the market for new skates. Currently wearing an 8.5 Tour Thor ZX-9. Would I be better off going with a size 8 or 8.5 in Alkali (closest legit hockey store is 2 hrs away)? I also use an all 76 set-up as opposed to an all 80, would the recessed 2nd wheel have any affect if I used an all 76 set-up?

Thanks

I'd recommend trying on both sizes if possible. I wear a 9 in street shoes and initially tried a 7.5 in the Alkali RPD Team, but felt like my toes were too crunched, switched them out for an 8 in the RPD Team+ and am in heaven. :)

Definitely go with the Team. The difference in the chassis and boot is night and day verse the CA5 skates. I have a narrow foot and with a heat fit, the skates will wrap nicely around your foot.

• Like 1

Hi Justin,

I have been skating in a pair of old Proto V's Size 8 forever. They fit me like butter. What size would you recommend in Alkali to match old mission sizing?

Hi Justin,

I have been skating in a pair of old Proto V's Size 8 forever. They fit me like butter. What size would you recommend in Alkali to match old mission sizing?

Size 8 for sure.

Definitely go with the Team. The difference in the chassis and boot is night and day verse the CA5 skates. I have a narrow foot and with a heat fit, the skates will wrap nicely around your foot.

Thank you, and I shouldn't see any more heel lift compared to the CA5?

http://alkalihockey.com/thepenaltybox/view/844 so this is very exciting! this area has a big lack of inline specific arenas, and i wasnt really looking forward to a 40 minute drive to the rink to play. Outside of Taylor during the summer i couldnt find anything, looks like thats about to change =) It will be weird to skate on wheels at canfield though, considering the times i skated there on ice as a kid.

also, to those who are on the lookout, the Max skates are at an insane price on HM right now, kinda bummed i bought my teams when i did considering i havent used them yet due to the mentioned lack of inline in the area =)

• Like 1

No, you won't have any more heel lift verse the CA5.

I found quite a difference between the CA9 and the Max and Max+ skates for heel size. I have narrow heels and In CA9's the lock was ok, in the Max and Max+ the heel pocket is now noticeably wider.

also, to those who are on the lookout, the Max skates are at an insane price on HM right now, kinda bummed i bought my teams when i did considering i havent used them yet due to the mentioned lack of inline in the area =)

Same! mind you i've had my teams for about 2 months and been out on them 2x a week