Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Kid wins $50k on center ice shot

Looks like the usual slot in the board that covers the front of the net, though the video barely catches it. Pause it at the right spots, and you can see the face-off circle, and the puck entering the slot about where the goal line should be.

NEver have seen them actually cut the middle of the ice when they do those things...makes it a bit easier.

It wasn't between periods, it was a charity event and everyone had to buy a ticket.

Turns out it was his twin brother who shot in his place, now the insurance company will not pay put the 50k

Just like that guy who stepped over the goal line on a full ice shot. What a joke...

Watching the news now and they said that the father told them that it was the twin brother. The father said he doesn't care if they get the money or not, it's about honesty and morals. It's good to know there are still decent parents out there.

Watching the news now and they said that the father told them that it was the twin brother. The father said he doesn't care if they get the money or not, it's about honesty and morals. It's good to know there are still decent parents out there.

He just "moraled" his kids out of a free year of college apiece at a state university, based on tuition inflation.

Apparently the Insurance company can.

Doesn't seem like that's the question with the company -- apparently they were unwilling to be good folks, and bend a rule. It's hard to call it an integrity issue, if they're following the rules.

I respect the father for teaching his kids that it wasn't right. Whether it be college tuition or not. Like I said, it's nice to see parents with integrity and respect still in this day and age.

I respect the father for teaching his kids that it wasn't right. Whether it be college tuition or not. Like I said, it's nice to see parents with integrity and respect still in this day and age.

+1

Glad to see that 20k is going to the Hockey community. That is better than nothing honestly and as I said four times, major respect to the father to telling the organizers about it.

They were on Good Morning America or the Today Show or one of those shows this morning. Of course the hosts were shooting too and this one chick was super close to making it a few times. Looked like they were all using Warrior sticks on synthetic ice.