Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AIREAYE

New Bauer products for 2012

haha should've called me. ;-)

I was hanging with the Euros...met monoclub (one of our members from Taiwan) there.

Was debating on it bud, that's awesome man always fun meeting members at those events because you learn so much. You are also aware that when you can talk more about the product we saw and tested the members here will be amazed.

I'm interested in seeing the RE-AKT helmet. I've always wondered why Bauer helmets aren't identified by the product lines they've created, ie. Vapor and Supreme helmets. Maybe there isn't sufficient variance between the helmets to warrant a family lineage. What do think?

Hmm... always wondered what a dual-kickpoint in the top 2/3 of a stick would feel like... wonder if that's what we might be getting here. Oooooooooh, I see new toys on the horizon :S

Bauer, innovative and TPS have all offered sticks like that in the past, and oggie grips will do that to any other stick.

I'm interested in seeing the RE-AKT helmet. I've always wondered why Bauer helmets aren't identified by the product lines they've created, ie. Vapor and Supreme helmets. Maybe there isn't sufficient variance between the helmets to warrant a family lineage. What do think?

because refreshing the helmet line every two years would be extremely expensive

Maybe it is that G3 flex profile so many of the pros are using?

On the real though, even though the products are public knowledge, I cannot delve into them too deeply. Same concept applies as the other mfgrs.

Someone is smarter than the average bear..........

On the real though, even though the products are public knowledge, I cannot delve into them too deeply. Same concept applies as the other mfgrs.

I will shut up now! HAHA!

Say What again Motha......

Looks like someone's been playing with fire again.... TotalONE NXG pic leaked...

I figured that would happen.

Standard protocol applies. We only post official pictures.

I figured, which is why I didn't post it myself. I'll give you three guesses as to which group it was, but you'll only need one, lol. Pic's down now; someone got smart.

I know those in the know can't yet comment about the Nexus line, but since Bauer mentioned it would fit wider than their Supreme and Vapor line, I thought maybe someone could give a little more detail on the fit aspect. I am not looking for any answers re: construction or materials, but simply fit characteristics. Will this skate fit along the lines of the Flexlites? I am most interested in instep volume (which was really no better Flexlite to Supreme), and ankle width. In case you could not guess, I have a wide foot, with the biggest problem being instep depth across the top of the foot, and a fairly average heel/ankle.

Just curious if anyone knew what they were shooting for with fit.

Atleast a picture of the Nexus hasn't been leaked yet *knock on wood*..

I remember when the GP didn't know or saw or really had any clue of the new models until just before they were released. Those were the days...

Sorry if this is a non-talking point as well - but I was always under the impression that the G3 code was simply a code for a player ordering a custom flex profile. It never really said what was stiffer, what was softer, etc... I believe it was done in "thirds" as in lower-third, middle and upper-third of the stick. Am I correct? Sorry if thats wrong - I don't keep up on Bauer pro stock stuff much.

No, the G3 is an early revision of a Bauer stick concept. It didn't end up being the final product (actually by a long shot) but the construction and flex profile became popular in the NHL.

Don't feel too bad; those end-users who buy prostock G3s don't know either. LOL

Last weekend I was playing team comcast 18 aaa team and there captain had a Bauer helmet that I had never seen before and I think it was the Bauer RE-AKT. The Bauer logo on the sides were silver and shiny athe shell reminded me of the cascade helmet and didn't look anything close to another Bauer helmet. Any comment on this JR? thanks

Well, if you saw adjustment tabs on the side of the helmet, it wasn't a RE-AKT. It's not even going to be in the NHL until 2012. Only medium has been HECC-approved so far.

Sure it wasn't a 9900?

Last weekend I was playing team comcast 18 aaa team and there captain had a Bauer helmet that I had never seen before and I think it was the Bauer RE-AKT. The Bauer logo on the sides were silver and shiny athe shell reminded me of the cascade helmet and didn't look anything close to another Bauer helmet. Any comment on this JR? thanks

Not the RE-AKT helmet.