Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the iceman

Reebok 8K Jock

http://www.nuttybuddy.com/

Comfortable and probably the most protective cup on the market. For $60 you can't go wrong as you get the cup, the jock and a pair of compression shorts.

Now THATS an interesting shape. Are those actually comfortable?

The shorts themselves are no use to me without velcro but the jock itself is interesting.

http://www.nuttybuddy.com/

Comfortable and probably the most protective cup on the market. For $60 you can't go wrong as you get the cup, the jock and a pair of compression shorts.

Do you wear this? I think it was mentioned once here on the boards before, but I don't remember reading an actual first-person review.

It looks similar to the 8K.

I'm thinking of trying something new. I just use compression shorts with cup pocket, but the cup does seem to sit low enough.

Agreed with that. So its worth asking then too.. is this thing better protection than the standard jock cup we all know?

I don't notice much discomfort, but if there is something better out there for this cheap, why not try?

I'm quite satisfied with the 10K sitting on top of my compression shorts. It's big enough to cover the area, and doesn't require me to wear it inside, and try to stuff the important bits inside. I picked up an 8K for when the 10K dies, haven't tried it yet, but since the size is about the same, I expect the same fit.

I picked one up from the Ebay dealer, great to deal with by the way. The 8K does not have any velcro on it.

As far as the difference from other jock/cups the bigger cup of the 8K seems to not let stuff fall out of place right when that stick or shot gets you. It is a bit bulkier than my old banana cup but the thing thus far seems like it should have a ballistic rating for gunfire. I love it and am thinking of picking another up for down the road as well.

I have the European 10k model (the same cup but with integrated garter). I can't say if the cup material itself is stronger/weaker/more/less protective than a standard cup; however the cup has a lot more coverage. The top flattish part of the cup protects the low abdominal area, which almost no other cups on the US market do. I have also found that the bottom part of the cup covers slightly further into the "nether-regions", if you know what I mean. And no, I won't get more graphic than that, just buy one :)

The 11k is not adjustable. It's one size. The elastic is sewn to the cup.

I meant the sock velcro. My bauer shorts have sock velcro on the front and back. Do the RBK 11k shorts have sock velcro on the back?

For anyone lamenting the price, consider where you're putting this.

I've found this to be more comfortable than most of the standard shaped cups, and as mentioned, it provides more coverage too. I don't know about the rest of you (and I don't want to) but I find it fits better.

And there are places to find these where they don't cost as much as the premium that's getting asked on eBay. This is one of the few pieces of equipment that I'm happy to be wearing.

The price isn't an issue, now I'm just trying to decide if I want the RBK 10K pro cup, or the nuttybuddy...

BTW one of the sellers offering the 8K and 10K cups on ebay also have some nice jofa elbows.

I meant the sock velcro. My bauer shorts have sock velcro on the front and back. Do the RBK 11k shorts have sock velcro on the back?

That isn't the jock that is being discussed here, but yes, there is velcro on the front and back. Why wouldn't there be?

I haven't seen a "10K pro", just a "10K".

http://europe.reebok...ve-accessories/

Yep, that's it. eBay auction called it a "10K Pro" and I had no way of knowing otherwise.

That isn't the jock that is being discussed here, but yes, there is velcro on the front and back. Why wouldn't there be?

I'm aware it's not the one being discussed here. Would you have preferred I started a separate thread?

And I don't know, I've seen jock shorts with no velcro on the back, and I've never seen a photo of the back of the RBK jock shorts.

I see that auction -- you'll note that there are closeups of the packaging, and the word "pro" is absent. What's the world coming to, when you can't trust an ebay seller? Oh, well.

Just took the dive on the 10K Jock/Garter combo. I am really hoping it stops the annoying issues I've been experiencing with my current jock and garter belt (2 separate pieces). Fingers Crossed.

I think I might grab one of those 10K jock/garter combos too.

Any idea where to get these in canada? I only found it on ebay for $100 :sad:

So far so good with the 8K jock. When I first had it on, and sat down to put on my skates, I thought "oh no, this thing is digging into the thighs with a vengence."

But once I started skating it felt great - no interference with the stride, and not floating high and bothering me like the cup in the jock short would do. I didn't have shorts with velcro on, but I just used shin tape around the sock both above and below the shin pad, and it was all good. Don't think I'll need a garter.

And it means I'm using 8 different brands of hockey equipment at a time (not counting jersey/socks).