Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the iceman

Reebok 8K Jock

So far so good with the 8K jock. When I first had it on, and sat down to put on my skates, I thought "oh no, this thing is digging into the thighs with a vengence."

But once I started skating it felt great - no interference with the stride, and not floating high and bothering me like the cup in the jock short would do.

I bought one to and absolutely love it. I didn't even know I was was wearing the jock unlike the stupid yellow jock shorts. I'm thinking about buying a garter belt, then taking the straps/clips off the belt and sewing them onto the 8k jock. Probably one of the best purchases I've ever made concerning hockey gear.

Had my first game in the 11k on Sunday night... All I can say is that it is a revelation and I don't know what in the world I was thinking not getting into one of these much sooner. The integrated garter system is very much a welcome edition.

Had my first game in the 11k on Sunday night... All I can say is that it is a revelation and I don't know what in the world I was thinking not getting into one of these much sooner. The integrated garter system is very much a welcome edition.

I thought you got a 10K; I haven't seen an 11K.

I thought you got a 10K; I haven't seen an 11K.

I'm not sure I want to know how you know what jock he wears. :ph34r:

I got an 8k and I am very impressed so far. Hard to believe that anyone could get so excited about a jock, but this thing is super comfortable and seems protective.

I'm not sure I want to know how you know what jock he wears. :ph34r:

Just took the dive on the 10K Jock/Garter combo. I am really hoping it stops the annoying issues I've been experiencing with my current jock and garter belt (2 separate pieces). Fingers Crossed.

Lost one of the plastic loops/clips off the garter on the 10k already. Ordered a bauer garter with what looks to be very similar loops/clips to replace it and any more that dissappear. Anyone else experience this?

Lost one of the plastic loops/clips off the garter on the 10k already. Ordered a bauer garter with what looks to be very similar loops/clips to replace it and any more that dissappear. Anyone else experience this?

Not with this model, but with most other garters I've used. I always wrap a piece of shinguard tape around the "anchor" part of the loop to keep it in place .

Got my 8k for Christmas and I gotta say I would never go back to the old jock shorts. My only knock against it is that I find it digs into my thighs when I'm tying up my skates. As I see above most of u guys are going with the 10k for the convenience of the garters, how do u find the plastic clip? Had any issuses with them breaking? My garter now has the metal/ rubber clips and I find the rubber pops out most of the time so I'm thinking on goin to one with plastic clips but am concerned about the durability.

I tried out my 10k Jock with garter last night.

I have only one complaint really is it digs in while getting dressed other then that the feeling goes away.

I do not think the sock clips on the garter are very good, i may take them off and put my metal clips from my other Reebok garter on the socks.

Otherwise the cup fits over the bits much nicer then the traditional jocks sold in North America.

For anyone that gets into the dilemma where they lose one of the clips off the 10k, the clips from the bauer garter belt are a perfect replacement. :ph34r:

I love my 8k but the only problem I had was the strap that goes around your legs was a little too tight. I just made a bigger one and now it feels great.

Got my 10K and gave it a try. Like stick&puck said above, it seems to dig in quite a bit into my thighs while im sitting down getting dressed, but while actually playing I had no complaints. It's nice knowing I have that added bit of pelvic protection, too.

My only issue with the garter is the same one I had when I used a jock short with velcro.. I find my socks pulling it down. I may cut of the garter straps and go back to wearing it over top of a pair of velcro jock shorts and attaching my socks to those instead. (The setup id been using with my old jock, before I got the 10K).

Has anyone switched from the 8K to the 10k and

had any issues with sizing since the 10 k is not ajustable. I have a 34 waist.

I've been using my 10K for a while, and my waist has been up to 42". My tape measure says the elastic still contracts to about a 30-31" fit; a new one should be even smaller. As Monty said, you should have no problem.