Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Bauer RE-AKT Helmet Initial Thoughts/Teardown

Salibandy

U use 11k helmet at full lenght?

It wasn't at full length, but it wasn't completely closed either. Kinda in the middle. The Re-Akt I wear, it's also in the middle. Personally, I feel that the Re-Akt fits a rounder head shape. I could not fit into an M in the Bauer 4500, NB 5100, Reebok 8k without the sides hurting.

I skated with the RE-AKT combo the whole time last SJ, and was quite comfortable. Yesterday I finally overcame my inertia and ordered it from IW. I had a minor glitch with the order, but Kyle helped me out, so, all in all, it was another satisfactory experience with IW.

I'm looking forward to getting this helmet into action, hopefully next week. Gotta protect the older heads!

I skated with the RE-AKT combo the whole time last SJ, and was quite comfortable. Yesterday I finally overcame my inertia and ordered it from IW. I had a minor glitch with the order, but Kyle helped me out, so, all in all, it was another satisfactory experience with IW.

I'm looking forward to getting this helmet into action, hopefully next week. Gotta protect the older heads!

Love IW, and love the Re-Akt! Glad you're getting a sweet new bucket! :)

I normally wear a Medium sized helmet expanded about 3/4 of the way. In the Re-AKT I'm still a Medium but almost at the smallest setting.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, hope I'm using the right one. Our team is using Re-Akts this year, and I'm just wondering where abouts you place number stickers on the back? It is made in awkward way so as to not seem to have a spot where they fit best...

If it's a single digit you can put it higher up. Otherwise I put my two digit numbers where the Occipital Lock is on the back, one on each side of it.

If it's a single digit you can put it higher up. Otherwise I put my two digit numbers where the Occipital Lock is on the back, one on each side of it.

Thats about all you can do with standard sized numbers. Ive seen some NHL teams do that, and others have smaller numbers that go on the "ridge" above it.

Thats about all you can do with standard sized numbers. Ive seen some NHL teams do that, and others have smaller numbers that go on the "ridge" above it.

I've also seen a few players do both. Start the season on the higher ridge before moving down to the same level as the occipital lock; the size of numbers remained the same.

Ex. Mason Raymond

http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/mason-raymond-talks-to-teammate-jordan-schroeder-of-the-news-photo/160776407

http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/loui-eriksson-of-the-dallas-stars-handles-the-puck-against-news-photo/162314505

Interesting. I haven't seen anyone place their numbers like in the first photo before.

EDIT: heres an example of what I was talking aboot (see #24 Liles):

161233721_slide.jpg

I'm going to steal JR's idea and have custom numbers (and maybe logos) made for my helmet :)

Yeah depending on team, could be placed in several spots.

I put it on the top ridge.

Like the first image mickz posted?

I wonder where teams get the smaller numbers for the placement like the one i posted.

They order them?

well herp a derp. But is that something the public can buy somewhere? Kind of like you can buy team sets now (though.. I guess those arent team official, probably)

Just saying...LOL

Well, the kits SportStar makes are about as official as one can get - teams use several manufacturers when it comes to that - SportStar is just one of them. They do make custom ones, I'm sure the numbers can be made smaller.

What's out there will fit. It was one of the questions I asked their helmet PM when we discussed the Re-Akt. I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of players migrate to the IMS 9.0 if they like the shell and want the different interior, and that one doesn't have the dial back there.

I really want to love this helmet, but my small head and this helmet just don't match well. i normally fit in a small easily, but with it being a bit wider my head can't do it. Does anyone know if they plan on releasing the XS? If not i'll just stick with my 7500.

I know this carries a year warranty but I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced any issues/defects with this model?

I've only had mine for probably a bit over a month or so, but I haven't had any issues. If I do I'll see if I can find this thread again and post about it. I love the helmet though. I've played both ice/roller in it and it has been great; very comfortable!

I wear a medium RE-AKT helmet, but the medium RE-AKT cage is way too short for my jaw (and I'm no Jay Leno). After installing a large RE-AKT cage and inserting the sides it into the Bauer J-clips, it pulled the temple guards out so far that the Suspend-Tech was basically useless and only the front and back of the helmet fit tightly. The medium helmet fits 7 to 7 1/2 head size - there's just no way I can see anyone greater than 7 1/8 using a medium RE-AKT cage. Wider J-clips would fix the problem, but I think Bauer should address either the width or length of their cages. I ultimately had to put my visor back on. Overall, a very comfortable helmet and the best head protection money can buy. Zero sweat absorption as people have mentioned, but it's not really any different than any other helmet I've used.

I wear a medium RE-AKT helmet, but the medium RE-AKT cage is way too short for my jaw (and I'm no Jay Leno). After installing a large RE-AKT cage and inserting the sides it into the Bauer J-clips, it pulled the temple guards out so far that the Suspend-Tech was basically useless and only the front and back of the helmet fit tightly. The medium helmet fits 7 to 7 1/2 head size - there's just no way I can see anyone greater than 7 1/8 using a medium RE-AKT cage. Wider J-clips would fix the problem, but I think Bauer should address either the width or length of their cages. I ultimately had to put my visor back on. Overall, a very comfortable helmet and the best head protection money can buy. Zero sweat absorption as people have mentioned, but it's not really any different than any other helmet I've used.

Man, that sucks. Pretty lousy predicament!

I wanted to post something along these lines for those that are looking for info on different face protection: I, too, have the RE-AKT in Medium. I bought a Medium Bauer 920 Combo Deluxe and it fits really well.

Interesting, I had no issues.