Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Bauer RE-AKT Helmet Initial Thoughts/Teardown

Helmet is a May 2012 release.

wasnt april? if so the cage also?

cant wait for s19 x re-akt combo, shits gonna be like a feather

i have a re-akt also got to use it for the first time last night, i did find that the front of the helmet sorta rubbed on my forehead or felt i dunno kinda hard. i have to play with it more tonight to see but by far the most comfortable helmet i have used really like and i am using the re-akt cage with mine.

JR, I have major sweat issues aswell especially in my 4000. I have worn the 8k in the past and that had better vemtilation but I prefer the foam in the 4000. how would you compare the comfort and ventialtion of the reakt as compared to others. specifically is the Reakt anything close to the mission intake in terms of ventialtion?

Intake was most likely the gold standard in a ventilated helmet - I think most will agree on that.

I still haven't had any major issues with it. The helmet isn't hot, that's definitely for sure. I still get the occasional gob of sweat if I move the helmet, but as long as it's in place, no issues.

I have the same problem when the helmet moves. It is an especially important issue because I am still playing college hockey and like to wear a full shield but it just gets to hot and if sweat drips on the shield during this its an obvious issue. thanks for the reply.

i have a re-akt also got to use it for the first time last night, i did find that the front of the helmet sorta rubbed on my forehead or felt i dunno kinda hard. i have to play with it more tonight to see but by far the most comfortable helmet i have used really like and i am using the re-akt cage with mine.

How is the visibility with the cage? I found the cage on my 9900 helmet to be a little restricted - the bars were a little close together and not optimally placed and the peripheral was terrible. But the Re-Akt cage looks like the bars are spaced a little further apart and more flat and the peripheral looks like it might be better too as the cage seems to go wider around the side of the helmet and the plate on the side is attached lower, not directly in your peripheral line of sight. Plus the reduced weight would certainly be nice. What do you think of it? Did you use a 9900 cage before?

How is the fit compared to 4500? I have a 4500 and a 7500. The 4500 fits quite a bit better. The 7500 is too wide even when length is perfect. It tends to rock a bit.

How is the fit compared to 4500? I have a 4500 and a 7500. The 4500 fits quite a bit better. The 7500 is too wide even when length is perfect. It tends to rock a bit.

I've never used a 4500 but use a 7500. I use large in a 7500 and tried on a Medium in the Reakt. The medium fits perfect. Especially with all the adjustments it has.

I accidentally posted in the LTR thread. Sorry JR. Anyway, just wondering whether the RE-AKT has the same width roughly as a 7500. The medium 7500 fits me perfectly. Just wondering if I can make a RE-AKT work.

Is that supposed to say "it's not wider"? Or are you saying the RE-AKT is the same, if not wider?

Some have asked me what I did to remove the stripped screw. **Do note that this mod may potentially void any warranties with the helmet. The proper course of action is to go to your local hockey store and get the pad replaced. The plastic piece in the first picture is now replaced by a stainless steel piece. **

I sliced the pad with a razor blade to get at the anchor. Unfortunately the anchor didn't have a slot in it so I had to rip the pad completely out and then remove it.

105a0d9b.jpg

ca65c047.jpg

The helmet holes are round, as you can see. But without the earguard, the anchor sticks out a little past the helmet, giving it some play. I figured that it would be taut with the earguard back in...but I'm not going to wear earguards...

06029ea7.jpg

I decided to Dremel off the earguard part that attaches to the pad to use it as a washer.

a19e09ec.jpg

39bee4b0.jpg

Installed it. You can see the plastic in there.

77734640.jpg

d498203f.jpg