Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goliath_2

Bauer Supreme One.9 LE Skates

Why is that white boots are strange in hockey when white shoes and boots are normal in every other sport in world? I think they actually blend in better because the ice is white.

puck marks...

puck marks...

Wrong. white skates are looked down on because traditionally skates were dark colors like chocolate brown and black.

puck marks...

And as a guy with a ton of white skates...they are nigh on impossible to remove, especially on white toe cap plastic. They will also yellow...!

And as a guy with a ton of white skates...they are nigh on impossible to remove, especially on white toe cap plastic. They will also yellow...!

Never had a problem removing puck marks from my Nike's...just use a sanding sponge with a little soft scrub...really easy actually. Also works on removing marks on tuuks. You can't remove yellowing, but just always take your skates out of the bag after a skate and don't leave them in the sun. Also depends how much iron is in the water where you live.

Wrong. white skates are looked down on because traditionally skates were dark colors like chocolate brown and black.

So are baseball mitts, but when color came into play they did not meet near the same level of opposition as white skates.

Only because Charlie Finley owned the Seals and the Oakland A's baseball team that wore white cleats. He thought this was a great idea. However, the trainers for the Seals had to constantly re-paint the skates white after games. The players complained the skates weighed a ton from all the coatings of white paint. #7 in the photo is Reg Leach, later a Philadelphia Flyer.

IMHO white skates would actually help one find the puck in their skates faster when they looked down. Personally I like how they

look but I do believe them to be functional. Obviously only at the highest, fastest level of hockey, (ie; the NHL) because at that level

that fraction of a second could mean your career with a guy like kronwall running you.

I had Mega Air 90s in Pee Wee with black tuuks. I thought they were sick back in the day, but

Never realized they were an early culprit of the white

Skates... For those old enough to remember, were they frowned upon back in the day?

IMHO white skates would actually help one find the puck in their skates faster when they looked down. Personally I like how they

look but I do believe them to be functional. Obviously only at the highest, fastest level of hockey, (ie; the NHL) because at that level

that fraction of a second could mean your career with a guy like kronwall running JUMPING AT you.

Fixed.

So are baseball mitts, but when color came into play they did not meet near the same level of opposition as white skates.

I'm not sure baseball has the same "ol' boys"-tradition first-club mentality hockey does.

I'm not sure baseball has the same "ol' boys"-tradition first-club mentality hockey does.

Wooden bats, no video replay, button up jerseys...I'd say baseball is a bit stuck in its ways.

Looking forward to seeing the new Missions :popcorn:

Whoa. WHOAAAA. Whoa, wait. Whoa.

Mission is (already) making a comeback? Looking forward too