Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JGraz15

2013 Bauer Products

Bauer's press release about the APX2, trigger release TUUK, and new lids which incoporate Casade technology. The IMS 9.0 is going to be huge

http://www.bauer.com...UER-WORLD-RECAP

The IMS 11.0 is the most interesting helmet to me since it uses both the Cascade Seven technology and PORON XRD. The IMS 9.0 sounds like it'll merely be a slightly tweaked RE-AKT. It's great to see that Bauer is using the Seven technology.

The IMS 11.0 is the most interesting helmet to me since it uses both the Cascade Seven technology and PORON XRD. The IMS 9.0 sounds like it'll merely be a slightly tweaked RE-AKT. It's great to see that Bauer is using the Seven technology.

Yep...the 9.0 is essentially a 'pro stock' RE-AKT

JR, I'm slightly confused on the relation between Bauer having a new holder out and consumers not having the ability to use aftermarket steel; is Step not allowed to make runners for that holder?

The top geometry of the steel is patented by Bauer, therefore there won't be any third-party steel. It isn't the same as Tuuk LS.

That being said, I really like it. I played with the holder the past few days in Vegas (Blackstone had it in their booth; they are part of the project.)

And contrary to those spreading rumors, the rivet pattern is the same.

I think JR that when people actually see the holder and are able to use it on ice they will notice a difference in the turning radius that they get with the new holder from Bauer and any worries that they have about the little thing in the back trust me it's near impossible getting anything in it during a game to cause the blade from coming out.

Jr can you comment on the new edge holder? How it all works and if there's new steel for this, seems like a lot to pack into a tiny area.

Yea, Bauer is promoting a tighter turning radius as the holder is 3mm taller OVERALL (tighter radius because you won't bottom out), as well as stiffer than LS.

It's easy - pull trigger and then pull off blade (it comes with a removal tool that pries the back of the steel out of the holder if you so choose.). To reinsert, hook the fin in the front and either push down on back of steel and it'll snap in, or pull trigger and push the steel in, then release. The trigger is two-tone color so there is an indicator that it is locked in.

LS, Fusion and LS3 all available.

Sorry if I am late to the game. What is Bauer's angle with the quick release? Consumers to keep a spare set of blades, example- kicked a blade during the game. Or cheaper /faster maintenance for competitive guys that would burn through steel? Or simply a pro angle to eliminate emergency sharpening or in between the period touch ups.

And more importantly, are we talking a 50 dollar price point or over 120 like the fusion.

if you have the shim on both front And back, then yes.. if you have it just in the rear, no.

Ok, so the overall height of the holder itself is 3mm taller than LS, not just the rear tower?

no, sorry.. I misread JR's post... He did say 3mm taller in the Rear tower. So those with 3mm shims in the rear won't need them.

Sorry if I am late to the game. What is Bauer's angle with the quick release? Consumers to keep a spare set of blades, example- kicked a blade during the game. Or cheaper /faster maintenance for competitive guys that would burn through steel? Or simply a pro angle to eliminate emergency sharpening or in between the period touch ups.

And more importantly, are we talking a 50 dollar price point or over 120 like the fusion.

All of the above.

What is even better is that they are attempting to educate consumers on optimal ROH/FBVs as well and carrying a certain set for different ice conditions.

Yea, Bauer is promoting a tighter turning radius as the holder is 3mm taller in the rear, as well as stiffer than LS.

Sounds kind of similar to Cobras, no?

Looks like they stole the idea from

http://www.quikblade.com/the-quikblade-edge/

Or bought / licensed the technology from them.

QuikBlade is in business, being distributed by Rebellion. If there's any potential issues, we'll sure find out, won't we?

Stolen is a harsh word. I do know this has been in the works for quite some time.

What about Bauer IMS 11.0? This model will be higher in helmet line and better than RE-AKT?

I believe it is an updated Cascade M11

QuikBlade is in business, being distributed by Rebellion. If there's any potential issues, we'll sure find out, won't we?

Stolen is a harsh word. I do know this has been in the works for quite some time.

I have an e-mail trail with Rick from Quikblade that goes back 2 years. At that time, Bauer had some type of legal action against Quikblade that prevented them from making/selling their product in any size other than the 280mm size that was already on the market. I was really interested in the product, but 280mm does not fit me. I just got tired of waiting, and lost interest. The idea of popping out a runner is fantastic. It is like t-Blades, only better. Just have an extra set of runners with you and if you lose an edge, you just pop another runner in. Leave it to Bauer to steal/borrow/duplicate the technology, but make the holders so they only accept THEIR specific runner...

I have an e-mail trail with Rick from Quikblade that goes back 2 years. At that time, Bauer had some type of legal action against Quikblade that prevented them from making/selling their product in any size other than the 280mm size that was already on the market. I was really interested in the product, but 280mm does not fit me. I just got tired of waiting, and lost interest. The idea of popping out a runner is fantastic. It is like t-Blades, only better. Just have an extra set of runners with you and if you lose an edge, you just pop another runner in. Leave it to Bauer to steal/borrow/duplicate the technology, but make the holders so they only accept THEIR specific runner...

Odds are that if Bauer had legal action that prevented Quikblade from producing a runner then Bauer had a previous patent in place. You can't just say, "No, don't do that. We want to do that"

Odds are that if Bauer had legal action that prevented Quikblade from producing a runner then Bauer had a previous patent in place. You can't just say, "No, don't do that. We want to do that"

Anybody can have "legal action" against someone, regardless if it has merit or not. Sometimes big companies use a lot of lawyer games because they know that the small companies can't afford the same luxury. Guys on the Carolina Hurricanes have been using Quikblades for 2 seasons, Quikblade still has a website and is still in business. If Bauer really had something on Quikblade, then I have to wonder why Quikblade can continue to sell 280mm holders. It just seems everything today is about greed and all it does is delay getting products to the consumer, or getting products on the market that could actually be better.