Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tour Man

Gloves always stuck to stick tape

So I have bauer 4 rolls, and am really starting to get irritated. There is almost like a gummy glue type stuff in the palm of the glove and the knob of my stick. It will get stuck together when im stick handling, and i find my hand now spot welded to my glove. Any Help?

renfrew grip tape over your white tape! provides the same grip but without the tackinesss

also are you using white or black on the top of your stick, i found black tape was much more sticky than the white tape counterpart

renfrew grip tape over your white tape! provides the same grip but without the tackinesss

^ This. All my grips are done with renfrew grip tape now.

it sounds like an issue with the tape you use or the conditions you store it in. Baby powder will help absorb the stickiness, but I'm not a fan of the slick plastic tapes on the butt end.

Always go with white tape, black is stickier and baby powder works well, but you have to do it b4 every game or during game... Renfrew works well also. Or you can do it like me, and go Kane Tackimac grip, but it does take getting used to but once you're used to it, you'll never go anything else. Never heard of using electrical or sock tape...

I was using Kane grips. Easily the best tacki mac, but I just switched to stretch/grip tape because I get just as much grip, but I can shape it any way I want, including a small knob.

I tried tacki mac or whatever you call it, could not feel the stick properly and i did not like it overall at all. I use grip tape and gloves last a long time and no sticky stuff, and very decent grip for the top hand.

I used tacki mac's for about a year, I didn't like the feel after a few stakes it lost its "Grip" and like other have stated I couldn't feel the stick as well. Went to grip tape and made my own grips.

Which tacki mac grips were you guys using? I find most of them to be far too thick, and that also seems to be the #1 comment I read, but nobody ever specifies which one they used. The Kane was the only thin one I could find, and they aren't anywhere near as easy to find, for some reason.

I also found it GAINED grip over time, as the rubber started to wear a bit.

Like I said, the only reason I go to grip tape now is because I like a knob too much. If tacki-mac made a kane grip with a half width knob, I'd be all over it.

I liked the kane one i used for a few months and then i used the Wrapped command grip i think it was? I just feel like after a while they got slick. So i just make my own and my gloves have been holding up the same.

I liked the kane one i used for a few months and then i used the Wrapped command grip i think it was? I just feel like after a while they got slick. So i just make my own and my gloves have been holding up the same.

That's really interesting that they got slick. Mine got grippier once the initial smoothness was worn off.

What exactly is this Kane model?

as JSK posted. It's easily the thinnest of the tacki-mac grips. Just no knob.

I have one of the sand command grips. It works well enough for me and I put the butt end in the middle of my palm. It isn't as nice as the oggie grip, but it would work for me in a pinch.