Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2013 Easton Hockey Catalogue

The Mako II tapered shaft looks interesting. Any positive buzz? I've been in the market for a new shaft and the number of models on the market seems to be shrinking.

Not sure if you're still interested but I have the Original Mako Tapered Shaft & the Mako II Tapered shaft, both in 85 Flex and feel like the Mako II plays slightly stiffer than the OG Mako. Personally I prefer the OG Mako Shaft over the Mako II.

Those Mako elbow pads remind me a lot of the Warrior Projekt elbows. I wonder if they fit even remotely as well..

The pants are extremely mobile; it has a 2-way belt system which sits on the hips - instead of having a belt that comes across your stomach, it actually stops at the ends. You pull each strap like a parachute chute and it holds it in place. Fully vented and different grade nylons in certain areas.

The old EQ series pants tightened the same way. I thought I would like it (having a belly on me) but I really didn't. At least the top end Mako pants have laces (something the lower end ones dont have).

I really liked them in the store when I saw them, though.

ANy word on release of the E28 in other sticks, stronger flex, or replacement blades? My Mako II lasted 4 skates before it felt like a 70 flex. EVeryone would say "no way that is a 100 flex stick". Worse part was, at first it was whippy but had pop....4 skates in whippier and no longer any pop. SO now I look for the E28 as I think it is one of the best curves on the market.

Had another chance to try on the new Pro glove as well as the Mako. Fingers are quite snug on both gloves, snugger than Vapor, about on par with Supreme. Still can be considered a tapered style of glove with the backrolls and cuff opening up.

Incredibly comfortable palms on both. Fast Fingers feature is a plus as well, still good mobility.

The thing that I didn't like on the Mako was that the section of the glove between the backhand and where the fingers start was too tight, meaning that as I closed my hand, the glove dug into my knuckles.

Damn, I was looking forward to the R800. Any word on why it was scrapped?

It wasn't working out aesthetically as well as structurally. The protection didn't live up to the hype and I guess it just didn't look good.

Will Easton only be releasing the E28 in a OPS Mako II? No changes until next year? I would love to get it in a tapered blade.

Email I received from Easton about the middle of March said they had no plans to at this time for the E28 to be a blade only option.

Any word on when this new iginla will be out? Has anyone seen it?

I saw the catalog today. E36 = P/C36 its a landeskog clone . Its offered on most models not just the v9. The E28 is still only offered on the top model. No mention of shafts or blades in the catalog.

The Iginla has been the E7. Are you saying that the E7 no longer exists going forward? If the closest thing will be the Landeskog clone then Easton will have lost me and my only option will be the Bauer P12 through MyBauer.

I've been under the impression that the new Iginla (or whatever it will be called) is a clone of the Bauer P88

To clarify the e36 was referred to as a iginla prostock I believe. The e7 is still there. E36 is similar to a Kane. Not very open and a deep mid curve.

To clarify the e36 was referred to as a iginla prostock I believe. The e7 is still there. E36 is similar to a Kane. Not very open and a deep mid curve.

I've been under the impression that the new Iginla (or whatever it will be called) is a clone of the Bauer P88

The iginla curve is now scrapped. E36 replaces it and is a P88 clone.

That is not true. The E7, Iginla curve will be in the line this year.

The iginla curve is now scrapped. E36 replaces it and is a P88 clone.

That is not true. The E7, Iginla curve will be in the line this year.

You're right, the E7 however will only be offered in their top tier sticks only.