Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2013 Easton Hockey Catalogue

No more wood blades?

Also, sad about the Iginla. Been using it exclusively for the last year and a half.

Edited by Neo5370
  • Like 1

Saw the new Mako protective at TotalHockey today. The shoulder pads were interesting, though they didn't have my size, as we're the shins. I wasn't a huge fan of the elbows, but I'm not a good person to evaluate elbow pads, I'm very picky and still using 15 year old elbow pads.

I just started doing the video reviews on all the gear this week.. The shoulders were awesome, they give you a really nice contoured wrap around your body and offer a lot of mobility in the shoulder area. The elbows were pretty nice, the top of the line was somewhat bulky but that's expected. The shins were real sweet, your knees sink deep into them, the liner has a great grip feature and the flex point was dead on. The pants I haven't really checked out yet, I'll be doing those next week but they look pretty good.

Chase @ IW Hockey

• Like 1

Just saw the mako 2 at my store today. I have to say that the orange color is weird looking, it's very fluorescent. I also thought the shape of the shaft would be more square-ish, but i love the grip finish on the blade. The kreps curve is exactly the same as a kreps pro stock and not an ovi open curve at all. Im still gonna buy one, i heard it shoots amazingly well!

That's the going rate for a top-end skate nowadays.

For sure. But I have no need for a top-end skate ;) But I'm glad to pay it if it means I finally found something that works for me.

That's not always the case though. Just because it's a high end skate (what ever manufacturer) doesn't mean that you will have something that will fit perfectly. Take the Supreme skate line the NXG works for most but has i bit of a more pronounced arch (bit high) the ONE.9 on the other hand doesn't. Someone in that case will get a better fitting skate without having to go top end. Although the Mako skate does seem very promising though. I do hope it resolves your fit problem

Edited by GiancarloSFL

I didn't say any top end skate would fix my issues. I'm saying since there is no lower model mako, ill be paying more (double) than I'm used to paying for skates (assuming they fit when I try them). I'm okay with that if it solves my issues.

I hear you brother. It's hard getting that perfect fit. I'm in between the Makos or customs... Maybe custom Makos?!?!?!

Edited by GiancarloSFL

I hear you brother. It's hard getting that perfect fit. I'm in between the Makos or customs... Maybe custom Makos?!?!?!

Yep, the mako is pretty much the last effort before looking to customs.

Edited by OptimusReim

It looks very promising, i was watching the mlx youtube video where they were showing how soft and moldable the skates are. As long as the volume is there for me i think that might do the trick. Hope it works out for you too.

Any chance the Stealth RS Glove will come in a full tufftek option like Easton did with the EQ50 line?

If it's not in this catalogue, it won't be coming in 2013. So, no.

Sorry I didn't get to this quicker - E28 only on Mako. No other stick....... Also, goes down to jr, and starts out mild on a jr and gradually morphs to the sr version

Does this mean the E28 is different on the int vs the sr stick? If so how much different?

Any particular reason why the pattern names are no longer stamped on the Mako line of sticks?

Having a stable name like E28 for a curve makes more sense that having an ever changing player's name attached to the curve.

• Like 1