Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan

Best Shooter in NHL

Even though he has been a bit off this year I feel like Jordan Eberle's name should be thrown out, especially given age. Extremely accurate and his release is phenomenal.

Even though he has been a bit off this year I feel like Jordan Eberle's name should be thrown out, especially given age. Extremely accurate and his release is phenomenal.

A broken finger will definitely slow your release. Hopefully it heals soon and he is back to his old self.

Everybody is naming forwards, for good reason, but I'll throw a few D out there and not the obvious ones with the booming slapshots. I've always admired the guys who can get the shot through to the net even with a maze of players in the way. Lidstrom was one of the best historically and Markov for the Canadiens is impressive. Justin Schultz the Oilers rookie D looks to be another with that ability.

Ovechkin in the high slot is dangerous. Not sure about anymore, but i remember years ago when the Sabres had a pretty big rivalry with the senators, Heatley's shot was scary. The Spezza, Heatley, and Alfredsson line in general was scary.

a guy names al iafrate could blast a slapper on radar 105 mph.....with a wood stick.!!!! i dont know how accurate it was . chara has the hardest ive seen. watched him in warmups once, blast some slappers. all i have to say is SCARY!!! would not want to have to be the guy screening the goalie on his shift.

a guy names al iafrate could blast a slapper on radar 105 mph.....with a wood stick.!!!! i dont know how accurate it was . chara has the hardest ive seen. watched him in warmups once, blast some slappers. all i have to say is SCARY!!! would not want to have to be the guy screening the goalie on his shift.

I differ with the idea that hardest = best shot

Currently playing these are the 5 guys who I believe to have the best shots in the game, all possess pinpoint laser beams from anywhere on the ice.

Semin

Kovalchuk

Carter

Stamkos

Ovechkin.

I differ with the idea that hardest = best shot

just ask Fulton Reed.

A broken finger will definitely slow your release. Hopefully it heals soon and he is back to his old self.

Everybody is naming forwards, for good reason, but I'll throw a few D out there and not the obvious ones with the booming slapshots. I've always admired the guys who can get the shot through to the net even with a maze of players in the way. Lidstrom was one of the best historically and Markov for the Canadiens is impressive. Justin Schultz the Oilers rookie D looks to be another with that ability.

Lidstrom was great, but a lot of times he had some guy named Holmstrom making him look even better

Bossy of all time, for sure. He's the only guy with over 500 career goals to shoot over 20% (he shot 21.18% over a 752 game career).

Highest Career Goals per game as well; and he certainly did not do it shukking and jiving, deking and sneaking

I'm gonna throw out two of my favorite Hawks players: Sharp and Hossa. Sharp can absolutely rip it. I remember seeing them play at Scott Trade and Sharp let go of a slapper from the point with the goalie watching it clean all the way and it blew right past his shoulder. It was unreal. Hossa's release is all-world. The guy lets it go crazy fast, and he doesn't get as many opportunities, but his one timers could be every bit as good as Stamkos' if they gave him more looks. Crosby has an outstanding backhand shot. His backhand is harder than probably anyone else in the league.

Old time no votes for Gordie? he didn't play witha mostly straight stick it was all the way straight and could switch hands. And mid 90's Fedorov was pretty sick. Currently I like the votes for Stamkos, Semin when he feels like playing. Crosby's backhand is gross.

Nasty backhand the other night. Also Datsyuk scored another beautiful wrister a couple nights ago. Almost mirrored his wrister from the first round. His shot is really underrated. He's also got a backhand comparable to Sid's.

No mention of Milan Henrik? His shot was/is so quick and accurate it's not funny. It's also so effortless and there is almost no movement you hardly can tell he shot at times. Just a little flick will do.

I don't know if this is the clip I'm thinking of but it gets the point across.

http://video.avalanche.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20122013,2,425&event=COL505