Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan

Best Shooter in NHL

Who is the best overall shooter in the NHL in terms of Power, quickness, accuracy, slapshot/ wrist shot/ one timer/ backhand combined, not only one type of shot but the best pure shooter period in all aspects.... 1)Today and 2)Of all time.

I have my picks but i am curious to see what you all think

since he is back, Alex Kovalev absolutley insane. But all-time ...Ray Bourque

Took the words right out of my mouth...Kovalev. Absolutely deadly from anywhere, forehand or backhand.

My personal top choices today keeping in mind all shot types and every aspect of shooting combined in no particular order after #1.

1. Kovalchuk

Stamkos, Malkin, Karlsson, Semin, Spezza

Just the pure effortlessness Kovy can fire the puck and pick corners is enough to sway me. Id even throw Pat Kane in the mix if he had more zing behind his shots. His backhand is beastly.

Kovalchuk. Guy is deadly with a stick.

This ain't fair.

That was one hell of a screen by the defenseman

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JR Boucicaut" data-cid="951765" data-time="1358554686"><p>
All-time? Gretzky. <br />
<br />
For the simple fact that he put more in the net than anyone else. :wink:</p></blockquote>

But the question to your answer wouldve been, who's the best finisher and had the best composure?

what a good question. Just because someone is a good shooter doesnt mean he's a good scorer. Kind of like a big body dont always mean a great hitter. The mental game of scoring is important too. Therefore the queation should be clarified.

If the queation was who has thw best shooting to score techique and power, then the answer would be, Kov currently, Sakic all time. No one else comes close in terms of combination of technique and power to Sakic all time. IMO only.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JR Boucicaut" data-cid="951765" data-time="1358554686"><p>

All-time? Gretzky. <br />

<br />

For the simple fact that he put more in the net than anyone else. :wink:</p></blockquote>

But the question to your answer wouldve been, who's the best finisher and had the best composure?

what a good question. Just because someone is a good shooter doesnt mean he's a good scorer. Kind of like a big body dont always mean a great hitter. The mental game of scoring is important too. Therefore the queation should be clarified.

If the queation was who has thw best shooting to score techique and power, then the answer would be, Kov currently, Sakic all time. No one else comes close in terms of combination of technique and power to Sakic all time. IMO only.

I was trying to make a joke. Obviously, this is a *serious* thread and sarcasm/joking be damned.

Best shooter is the one with the most ducks, deer, or goals no humor simply true. Off balance , off the tip, nudge, etc. The goal of shooting is to score. Off balance short tip from the paint with 3 people hanging all over you is a great "shot". Gotta go with 99 he is the best ever.

I was trying to make a joke. Obviously, this is a *serious* thread and sarcasm/joking be damned.

Obvie that you were being cheeky. I was just using that example to elaborate my point. I personally think there should be two categories, best non deke shot finisher/scorer and best shooter. Mario and Gretz are both up there in regards to finishing and composure, but aren't up there with the best shooters.