Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Bauer TotalONE NXG Girdle Teardown

Sizing and fit are exactly the same as MBP, other than the fact that it's a wrap and MBP is a laceup. If you want a laceup, look into the Tackla variant.

NXG is lighter than my ONE95, so one can deduce it's lighter than the ONE8. The Hex Foam in the kidney/hip is lighter than the solid foams in the ONE95, but more protective.

I had a chance to try it at PHL yesterday. Very nice and slim, but I'm not sold on the shell.

The shell fits really close to the girdle, I doubt I could quickly unwrap the girdle after a game like I do with my one95.

Canadian retail price is 199$, at least at ProHockeyLife

I saw one in person yesterday and it was very nice looking, like the couple of changes they made from the TO including the lighter feel. I'll upgrade this for sure when the prices come down.

Any details on how this compares to the RBK 9K in terms of mobility / weight and protection?

If you're talking 9k girdle/shell it weights a lot less and is a lot slimmer. I have the TO version of this which is a previous model and it's more mobile due to there being less bulk...the 9k girdle is a tank. If you want protection the 9k will win there but I haven't ever felt unprotected since making the switch...both are used in the NHL.

Although my season is over, just picked up the NXG girdle. Haven't had a chance to skate with it yet, but I like the fit and movement and it should be very nice for Old Timers rec hockey.

FYI, I am 6'0", 210 lbs. and bought a size large; fits very nice.

I bought a large tall a week ago. I was skeptical because of how tight the shell felt.

Well I skated in it today and all I can say is wow. I didn't even notice the shell one bit. Took two shots off the thigh and didn't even notice. I left the legs looser and they felt great. Broken in feeling and nice and cool.

It's just another size that a retailer can choose to stock. If they don't, they can special order it.

What size are you wearing?

I am 6'2, 230 lbs, 38 waist, considering ordering one. It looks like XL would be perfect fit for me, but I am curious as to what you think.

Can anyone compare these to the CCM Crazy Light pants, in terms of bulkiness, mobility, protection, breathability, durability, and whatever else? I am leaning toward going with the Crazy Lights, simply due to their weight being about 300g lighter (1293 to 1587 for Medium), and from what I hear, they retain zero water/sweat (which is huge for me in a hot/humid environment).

Further, on the matter of durability, is it the theory/ practice that players will get more distance out of a girdle as the tendency is for these items to rip first in the pant? (Thus requiring a $30 expense for a new shell if we are talking about girdles, as opposed to $150 for a new pant if we are talking about a rip in the ice pants?)

I figure that all factors will be about equal with these items (protection, dry-ability, etc.), and am thus most concerned with durability. If I am gonna spend this type of money on one item, then I will want it to last for 5 years or so. (no LHS in sight for me, so impossible for me to go and eyeball the stitching and see if it is quality or cheap).

I tried these on today, and I have to be honest, I was kind of disappointed. There were two major flaws in my opinion. First, I don't like the fact that the interior piece doesn't have it's own belt to keep it tightened. Without the belt it feels a lot looser than the TO girdle around the waist. Second (and this is a similar complaint) is that there is no lace or Velcro system above the hips to tighten the kidney protection. Again, this makes it feel looser and more like a pant than a girdle/padded shell system. I was really looking forward to these because the large tall is the perfect size for me, but I just don't think I'm going to get comfortable with the somewhat looser fit. Instead I think I'm just going to buy the shell (hopefully its offered in the LT) and use that with my current TO girdle.

are you supposed to take the shell off and on every time you use it. seems hard with the little loops, as in they won't hold up or will come un-done. but if you keep it on then you lose fit from time to time. thanks for the help

Is the Bauer Supreme TotalOne NXG Ice Hockey Pants a good pants for roller hockey?

I want this pants, because is imposible get the bauer vapor: x60 adaptable core pad.

Is the total one NXG good for the the roller hockey without the shell?

The Bauer Supreme Total One NXG have a adjusted fit and is lighter pant than other of the market? I need a very fit and light pants, I hate the loose models.

Is so heavy the Bauer Supreme Total One NXG without the shell?

For example, compare the Bauer Supreme Total One NXG with the Mission Thorax Flow Roller Hockey Girdles Sr, I see that the mission´s pants have a bad protection for some zones, and is not much lighter.

My actually pants are the mission Fuel 110, and I use for roller hockey (Yes, it is very heavier, I know).

Also, I´m comparing the Supreme Total One NXG with the Bauer Supreme TotalOne Sr. Adaptable Core Pad, which is lighter and offer more protection?

Thanks.

I tried these on today, and I have to be honest, I was kind of disappointed. There were two major flaws in my opinion. First, I don't like the fact that the interior piece doesn't have it's own belt to keep it tightened. Without the belt it feels a lot looser than the TO girdle around the waist. Second (and this is a similar complaint) is that there is no lace or Velcro system above the hips to tighten the kidney protection. Again, this makes it feel looser and more like a pant than a girdle/padded shell system. I was really looking forward to these because the large tall is the perfect size for me, but I just don't think I'm going to get comfortable with the somewhat looser fit. Instead I think I'm just going to buy the shell (hopefully its offered in the LT) and use that with my current TO girdle.

Yeah, I agree with your first point here. As a stand-alone girdle, the NXG doesn't work because it needs the belt from the shell to secure it, which is kind of a shame. Thankfully, the One.8 girdle has the belt built in, and the craftsmanship seems to be a step or two up from the old TotalOne girdle. If I were to go back to a girdle, that'd be the route I'd take.

I'm thinking about buying the pants and having a belt and some type of closure system for the kidney pads added aftermarket. Does anyone know where I should be looking for someone to do the mods? Regular shoe repair or should I go somewhere hockey specific?