Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beaucoup_fish

Hockey Socks

Just wondering if anyone cuts off the elastics at the ankles so that you can put on your shin pads after you put on socks (makes it easier to tie your skates)? I have a terrible time with this because I like to wear my shins over the tongue of my skate, but the elastic doesn't stretch enough.

Or, alternatively, is it possible to get socks w/o elastic ankles (if so, where)? On the Bauer.com web site, it looks like Marty St. Louis's socks don't have elastic ankles - they're almost pulled up to his knees without shins on...

Just wondering if anyone cuts off the elastics at the ankles so that you can put on your shin pads after you put on socks (makes it easier to tie your skates)? I have a terrible time with this because I like to wear my shins over the tongue of my skate, but the elastic doesn't stretch enough.

Or, alternatively, is it possible to get socks w/o elastic ankles (if so, where)? On the Bauer.com web site, it looks like Marty St. Louis's socks don't have elastic ankles - they're almost pulled up to his knees without shins on...

What brand of socks do you use? I have a bunch of CCM socks and I wear my shin pads over the tongue and have no problem at all stretching them over the shin pads and tongue.

When I suit up, I put my socks on before my skates and shin pads and just keep the socks around my calves/knee all scrunched up. I then put my skates on and tie them and then I bring the socks down to my ankles over the skate all scrunched up and just put my shin pads on and pull the socks up my legs and over the shin pads.

Just put your shinpads on before your skates and push the tongue underneath when you do put them on. It's no big deal. No need to cut/tear.

Only 1 of my pairs of socks has elastic at the bottome. Try different suppliers.

Hey Rudd,

what brand of socks are you wearing?

What brand are you wearing?

Hmmm...maybe I was unclear. I can get the socks over my shin pads IF I put on the shins and then the socks, but I want to put my socks on BEFORE my shins, and the elastic doesn't stretch enough to go far enough up my leg so that I can put on my pads AFTER the socks!

I wear my shins over my skates too.. so I just put on my socks first and pull them up to my knees, then when I put my skates then shins on I take the shock back down them.. works like a charm :) then I put my pants on.. :) I use XL socks tho.. dunno if that makes a diff...

m

heres what u have to do, its the best... Take a pair of sizzors, cut the back of the socks, just one slit. Then slightly pull the sock, to make a trinagle type rip. Take that part and put it in the abck of your skate. I HATE having socks in my skate, but you cant feel it when they are ripped like this.

You can. At least in New Jersey. You can play Junior A B or C and still play HS, although, it is NJ hockey so...

You can. At least in New Jersey. You can play Junior A B or C and still play HS, although, it is NJ hockey so...

Thats how it is here, in VA. But the sock thing i just cut it a little bit and just pull the elastic out.

thats pretty much what I do. You know a team the Virginia statesman? THEY SUCK :) We 10 goaled them rather swiftly.

Am I missing something here? I put my socks on, than my skates. Then push the socks down to the skates and pull the socks on over my shin pads. Why do you start from the top?

Am I missing something here? I put my socks on, than my skates. Then push the socks down to the skates and pull the socks on over my shin pads. Why do you start from the top?

I start at the top cause the skate hold the shin from riding down... if I went from the bottom up I'd end up shifting my shin up.. and Im impatient.. :D