Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MDE3

Tour Beemer Sticks

My son and quite a few of his teamates have been using this stick for inline and really like it (in general) but they have had a limited curve selection..Modano only. Are there many of you using it on ice? If so how is it standing up? Opinions on performance?...Most using it in inline have switched over from the Synergies.

My son and quite a few of his teamates have been using this stick for inline and really like it (in general) but they have had a limited curve selection..Modano only. Are there many of you using it on ice? If so how is it standing up? Opinions on performance?...Most using it in inline have switched over from the Synergies.

a kid that we sold one to says he loves it. He is playing JV catholic league hockey, which is close to alot of varsity prgrams in most areas. He had been using innovative 1100's and Easton Synergys. Thus far he likes the Tour better, and his shots and passes have been consistently better with the Tour. He has been using it for around 2 months now. He usually breaks sticks about once per month.

The "stiff" x-2 is only supposed to be a 90 flex, the x-3 is supposed to be around 100 flex. That appears to be about right as my son feels the x-2 is just a bit stiffer than his 85 Synergy was.

i don´t think they´re good

but i´m interested testing one...

That doesn't make much sense to me. Saying you dont think its good, but you want to try it out.

:D mh...sry when u don´t understand it

but my english isn´t so good :/

i mean...tour isn´t popular like bauer...

and you don´t hear something about them...

so i don´t think they´re good...

but may be i would change my opinion when i test them

u know now what i mean?

:D mh...sry when u don´t understand it

but my english isn´t so good :/

i mean...tour isn´t popular like bauer...

and you don´t hear something about them...

so i don´t think they´re good...

but may be i would change my opinion when i test them

u know now what i mean?

I understand what you mean now, you are saying that Tour isnt as popular as the other top Stick manufactures. I see sorry for the confusion.

Also I know a few people who have had the Tour stick and they say that they love it. They especially like the green paint job. The flex they said what a bit stiffer than the anticipated but they learned to adjust to it.

I was at the Univ Nebraska Omaha vs Lake Superior State game last night. One of the UNO players had this lime green stick at the start of the game. I thought it was some new Easton and was going to wander down to the bench to look and see when he came off from his first shift. Well about 20 seconds into the game he broke it about 10-12 inches from the TOP end of the shaft. :rolleyes: I'm assuming that he had only one because he then switched back to his usual TFG. I asked Mark the equipment guy to see it and it was a Tour. Doesn't say much for the duribilty of the product.....20seconds!!!! :P

I was at the Univ Nebraska Omaha vs Lake Superior State game last night. One of the UNO players had this lime green stick at the start of the game. I thought it was some new Easton and was going to wander down to the bench to look and see when he came off from his first shift. Well about 20 seconds into the game he broke it about 10-12 inches from the TOP end of the shaft. :blink: I'm assuming that he had only one because he then switched back to his usual TFG. I asked Mark the equipment guy to see it and it was a Tour. Doesn't say much for the duribilty of the product.....20seconds!!!! :P

lol ther is awalys that one defective stick

We had that happen as well....about 3 minutes into the game with his first Tour stick, my son took a serious slash and it snapped....the others have lasted significantly longer :P.

I have seen it with other brand sticks too, had it happen to a Synergy too in the first practice with a new team..right out of the box. But it was certainly discouraging to have that happen with the first Tour Beemer he ever tried..on the first shift. The second one lasted about 5 weeks until someone stepped hard on the blade and it cracked(deliberate). However even with the small crack it is still in service in a mens league somewhere with a friend of my son's.

Others that we know in XIHL have been getting 4 + months out of them, but I was really curious if the cold of the ice arena was having any negative effect. They use some different materials. Also was curious as to how it felt with an ice puck which is heavier than the inline puck.

I believe It was stated prior that It was between 500-550 grams, not sure, but it feels extremely balanced. I have not played with one, but holding it in the store, It felt pretty nice, especially for $100. It didn't feel cheap like the gear ops's.

The Gear OPS is generally priced at $100, the RR started much higher and has since come down with the new Response line. Basically the Gear has always been lower quality, where the RR was considered a top OPS when it was released.

Okay, I bought a 3x stiff Beemer inferno (feels like Easton 110) and man is this baby light, and blade light! The balance on this stick is awesome! This stick makes a Vapor XX feel like a wood stick. I haven't weighed it but this stick is defintely much less than 500 grams. It actually feels slightly lighter than a regular synergy, and when holding it with one hand at the very end it is comparable to an xn10. Granted I doubt this sticks composition contains any kevlar, but if it performs then who cares. The "grip tech" also feels really sweet. It's a soft, waxy feeling that is part of the make-up of the stick. I don't think it is a coating. And the blade itself has a sick rubbery grip coating on it!

It's amazing that CCM and Bauer charge $150+ USD for a stick and have the nerve to put stickers on the stick; the tour has a really nice paint job and the graphics are very nicely done. Not too mention the shaft is concave, a really nice scoop that is a touch deeper than an XX. All of this and the stick is $99.99 Unfortunately I won't be able to try this stick out for a week and a half, but I'll update when I do. I am especially pshyched about the coating on the blade, and the blade is very, very thin. The blade has the same exact composite weave pattern as a synergy. The shaft almost feels like a Nike Apollo. The stick also comes in full length with a capped end, no butt-end all composite.

lol "THE HOTTEST GRIP ONE PIECE STICK OUT THERE!"

my friend just bought one and hasn't used his si-core grip since. he's even bought another beemer since then.

That's been true for everyone we have turned on to them for inline. "Well balanced, great feel, good price" seems to be the standard reaction for inline players. (and I think they are a great looking, well finished stick ...but that's all personal preference and somewhat less important than function) I know of one ice hockey pro who plays both and he prefers the Tour shaft with a wooden blade for ice, but uses the Beemer OPS for inline.

"Grip": they are not pebbled like the Synergy Grip, but the polyurthane epoxy used leaves a finish on the shaft which makes it a bit stickier than the regular Synergy. I would say it falls somewhere in between the standard Synergy and the "grip".

My son could never get comfortable with a Synergy Grip, because he could not slide his hands on the stick easily enough....however the Tour is fine, but still has more grip than the regular Synergy...and you control it with how hard your hands grip the strick. If you do not like the amount of grip, just use some fine sand paper to roughen the surface slightly and remove that outer finish (just lightly will do it)..it will be much less sticky then.

In his case the first one was a broken OPS, but Tour is coming out with a shaft if not already there. He is one of the "test" players, so he sees the stuff first.

Interesting...low price OPS means low price shaft. Might have to get myself another gift in addition to the away EDM messier jersey i bought myself.