Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

He's one of those guys who likes to put a crazy price on all of his gloves...likes to buy from other sellers then adds $100-200 as his sale price.

Someone else has Rangers Franchise 3rds he bought for $225 and has them for $375 I think.

"Honest money goes further"

Or like buy them for $90 and then try and double that real quick with a little misrepresentation?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220917496096#ht_500wt_1287

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Stock-Chicago-Blackhawks-Bauer-4-Roll-Gloves-14-/220968554688?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3372c090c0#ht_2848wt_1270

"That honest money must have run out"

Or like buy them for $90 and then try and double that real quick with a little misrepresentation?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Stock-Chicago-Blackhawks-Bauer-4-Roll-Gloves-14-/220968554688?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3372c090c0#ht_2848wt_1270

I won these back in Dec and have owned them for a while, sorry that you feel this way but your glove description was "Bauer Hockey Gloves" or something like that.

I am almost certain had you listed them more accurately then you would have had more bids. Another pair of these I watched went well over $160 and I am taking offers. No one is forcing you to buy them.

I actually was going to sell them for much less to a guy but he had no money at the time.

I'm not claiming these to be "Straight out of the Blackhawks locker room" or "These were worn by Kane"

I think the listing is fair. They will probably sell for much less

You should know I has max bidded $140 for your listing, I was lucky to get a good deal on them.

I'm not the one claiming my gloves were mistakenly shipped to me and asking $400.

If you really want to know, main reason I'm selling these is due to the recent tornado that hit us and I have to make repairs to my parents house.

I don't even want to sell these gloves, I'm actually going to list 80% of my toy collection to help local residents who are without a home.

Cheers

I edited the listing if that helps you out man.

I won these back in Dec and have owned them for a while, sorry that you feel this way but your glove description was "Bauer Hockey Gloves" or something like that.

I am almost certain had you listed them more accurately then you would have had more bids. Another pair of these I watched went well over $160 and I am taking offers. No one is forcing you to buy them.

I actually was going to sell them for much less to a guy but he had no money at the time.

I'm not claiming these to be "Straight out of the Blackhawks locker room" or "These were worn by Kane"

I think the listing is fair. They will probably sell for much less

You should know I has max bidded $140 for your listing, I was lucky to get a good deal on them.

I'm not the one claiming my gloves were mistakenly shipped to me and asking $400.

If you really want to know, main reason I'm selling these is due to the recent tornado that hit us and I have to make repairs to my parents house.

I don't even want to sell these gloves, I'm actually going to list 80% of my toy collection to help local residents who are without a home.

Cheers

http://www.ebay.com/...6#ht_500wt_1287

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_2848wt_1270

Its not about the price its about the principle. My description of the gloves said "Custom Bauer 4-rolls" which is what TSR and I both advertised them as. You can click that first link up there to go back and look at my original auction if you want, it kinda say's it there too. Either way we all know this matter has nothing to do with the price of the gloves. You gotta practice what you preach. You know what I am sayin ;)

Claiming they are pro stock is fraud.

Check the listing again. And I thought TSR only sold pro stock gear, their actual listings have had them as "Pro Stock". All of his custom X:60s are listed as "Pro Stock" as well. Is he a fraud too?

Here are two of his listings

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRO-STOCK-VAPOR-X60-HOCKEY-GLOVES-BU-13-/160596837858?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25645145e2#ht_500wt_689

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BAUER-PROSTOCK-4-ROLL-GLOVES-NAVY-AND-ANTIQUE-WHITE-/150524550236?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item68c702fee4#ht_500wt_689

When he had the Hawks X:60 and 4-Rolls listed, he had them listed the same way.

Check the listing again. And I thought TSR only sold pro stock gear, their actual listings have had them as "Pro Stock". All of his custom X:60s are listed as "Pro Stock" as well. Is he a fraud too?

Here are two of his listings

http://www.ebay.com/...e2#ht_500wt_689

http://www.ebay.com/...e4#ht_500wt_689

When he had the Hawks X:60 and 4-Rolls listed, he had them listed the same way.

Either way we ALL here know they are not in FACT pro stock gloves. You for one know that for a fact. You call out/report people on Ebay like it is a hobby for this same thing, and come on here and brag about it!

I sold you those gloves and they are yours to do what you want. Again, its not about the money. Its about you doing the same lowball things you come on here and call people out for.

Since my listing no longer has the word "Pro Stock" although we all know these are not retail gloves, are you still not satisfied?

But Chadd I am asking you directly if TSR is also a fraud.

Since my listing no longer has the word "Pro Stock" although we all know these are not retail gloves, are you still not satisfied?

But Chadd I am asking you directly if TSR is also a fraud.

Yes, I am in fact satisfied! Kinda like after drinking a big gulp of sprite!

Yes, I am in fact satisfied! Kinda like after drinking a big gulp of sprite!

Also lets stay on topic, TSR has nothing to do with the meaning or purpose of the post. Stop throwing it off on them. If TSR jumped off a bridge would hockeysavants?

Either way we ALL here know they are not in FACT pro stock gloves. You for one know that for a fact. You call out/report people on Ebay like it is a hobby for this same thing, and come on here and brag about it!

I sold you those gloves and they are yours to do what you want. Again, its not about the money. Its about you doing the same lowball things you come on here and call people out for.

+1

I seriously doubt that anyone here believes he didn't know that the gloves weren't pro stock. And yes, when you enjoy calling people idiots, as he does, it's usually wise to not be one yourself. I think the amount of explaining, ducking and weaving he's doing says it all. That's what happens when someone's credibility goes 'poof'!

Anyway back on topic (If you have any issues with my listings beyond what was discussed, PM me like a professional)

http://www.ebay.com/...6#ht_500wt_1086

He's selling it off as a "Sidney Crosby" helmet, definitely looks home made.

Read the description. He tells you that it is home made.

Also, I don't see why people should PM you when this is the forum designated for that kind of stuff. You have many posts on here complaining about people doing what you just did with your auction. They are just doing the same thing as you.

The seller was upset over the price for starters, you should have listed a reserve price and maybe described them better, I was ready to pay much more than I won them for.

Also when I received the gloves from him, he had wiped his snot right on the gussets. That's gross and cleaned them as soon as I found out. That sure wasnt in the description.

I actually lowered the price down to $140, which was less than what I've seen them go for. I'll take the listing down tomorrow if they don't sell.

I sold a pair of Eastons to a guy for $100 and turned around and listed them for $180, I didn't bid on them. But neither of us are asking $350-400 for gloves, that is my main point.

If I won a pair of gloves that were poorly listed for $20 and I know they are worth so much more, should I only sell them for the price I paid or what the fair market is?

Like I said I'm not asking $350-400 for these like some listings we've called out nor have stated they belonged to the Blackhawks. I only listed them as Pro Stock since TSR does as well since that is their claim.

I apologise for any misunderstanding.

I believe you are over emphasizing the pricing debate. He was simply pointing out that you incorrectly (and ultimately changed) the gloves as Blackhawks pro-stock when they simply aren't. You then cited that since everyone else does it, it is ok--and it's not.

Really, HockeySavants? PM you like a professional????

The point is that you misrepresented the gloves and you know you did. And since you spend a lot of time in this thread calling people out for doing exactly the same thing as you just did, I think some of us are going to enjoy then pot calling the kettle black moment.

And stop using the TSR excuse. We all also know you spend enough time on hockey forums that you've seen the smu vs. pro stock threads. If you say you haven't, I don't believe you. You're selling used gloves that you've cleaned snot off of for $140, when someone could go to TSR and buy them for less than $125 (though they will not have the snot on them). Seems like you're the one looking for an idiot and trying to take advantage of them. That's why you're getting called out. And no, this isn't personal. YOU posted it on the internet and you happen to be a member here who displays a holier than thou attitude when constantly calling out other people who are doing nothing different than you just did.

You got caught. Stop with the excuses. Either that or shill bid the damned gloves and really make a jerk out of yourself. If you're going to give yourself the title of Hockey Savants, you should know better.

Read the description. He tells you that it is home made.

Also, I don't see why people should PM you when this is the forum designated for that kind of stuff. You have many posts on here complaining about people doing what you just did with your auction. They are just doing the same thing as you.

Even if the helmet is homemade, it's still dumb. If it were really worn by one of the Pens, it probably wouldn't be "unknown" because it would probably have stickers on it and wouldn't look brand new. It's a retail Reebok helmet with some goofy stickers slapped on it.

The seller was upset over the price for starters, you should have listed a reserve price and maybe described them better, I was ready to pay much more than I won them for.

Also when I received the gloves from him, he had wiped his snot right on the gussets. That's gross and cleaned them as soon as I found out. That sure wasnt in the description.

I actually lowered the price down to $140, which was less than what I've seen them go for. I'll take the listing down tomorrow if they don't sell.

I sold a pair of Eastons to a guy for $100 and turned around and listed them for $180, I didn't bid on them. But neither of us are asking $350-400 for gloves, that is my main point.

If I won a pair of gloves that were poorly listed for $20 and I know they are worth so much more, should I only sell them for the price I paid or what the fair market is?

Like I said I'm not asking $350-400 for these like some listings we've called out nor have stated they belonged to the Blackhawks. I only listed them as Pro Stock since TSR does as well since that is their claim.

I apologise for any misunderstanding.

Seriously, Hockeysavants? I think the fact has been established that my problem had NOTHING to do with/about the PRICE of the gloves. My description of the gloves were EXACTLY what they are, "CUSTOM". I didn't care what I sold them for or what you sell them for.

My problem is that you 100% Lied in your original listing of the gloves stating they were "pro stock" when YOU and I both knew they were not. No matter how much you want to try an convince people or throw off blame off on someone else. The fact is, you LIED, you got CALLED on it, you got EMBARRASSED, you CHANGED the auction description, and now we all know you are the pot calling the kettle black. Stop blaming everyone else or trying to drag someone else into your own mistake. Man up!

Also when I received the gloves from him, he had wiped his snot right on the gussets. That's gross and cleaned them as soon as I found out.

Why did you clean them? Pro stock snot has to at least double the price... that could have been Kane's snot.

Why did you clean them? Pro stock snot has to at least double the price... that could have been Kane's snot.

Police may need the DNA for comparison the next time he mugs a taxi driver

I was only trying to sell these gloves so I can help pay for tornado damage to my family's property, I don't need this additional drama right now and have much BIGGER issues to worry about.

I am only going to explain this one more time, I'm surprised that some still cannot understand.

Incase those who don't know what I'm talking about:

I was never made aware nor have heard of anyone on here posting that TSR gloves are SMU, that assumption made by some people here is trying to make me look like a liar. I would not post something knowingly they were not if I knew about it.

http://www.ebay.com/...e2#ht_500wt_820

http://www.ebay.com/...e4#ht_500wt_820

That is same seller (TSR) where these gloves were bought form originally. Look how he has his listings posted.

He had these very same gloves listed as "Pro Stock Blackhawks 4 Roll Gloves" or to that extent about a year ago. He had X:60 and 4-Rolls available for Blackhawks, Islanders, BU, BC, Coyotes, and standard Black/White. All labeled as "Pro Stock"

These are hard to find, they add in value. I can list it at any price I want, doesn't mean I am asking for $350-400. I am asking a rather reasonable fair market value. You always see Blackhawks gloves sell for high prices. XXXX recently ended at around the same price. Were also labeled the same as mine.

I have had people PM me all the time about my gloves with much higher offers, I don't need I have to explain myself any further.

When I listed these gloves, I very much listed them the same way they listed them ORIGINALLY, I did not add to the listing nor stated these were "Straight from the Blackhawks Lockeroom" or "Were used by Patrick Kane".

You're looking for something that isn't there.

Your reading comprehension may need some assistance but that isn't my problem.

The only reason I asked for people to PM for any further issues on this matter it so simply prevent this topic to from being locked.

Again I don't see how me listing them as Pro Stock is considered Fraudulent but TSR is allowed somehow.

I believe I made myself perfectly clear ("Crystal?").

This is the last I will comment on this matter.

Thanks for the explanation. I guess you think two wrongs make a right.

You know that these aren't pro stock gloves. You said they were something that they're not. That qualifies you - by your own stated opinion (in this very thread over and over again, by the way) - as an idiot.

And a hypocrite too by the way.

One of the most often used phrases used by parents, teachers and other authority figures when scolding someone who is trying to defend their actions......

"We're not talking about {insert name here}, we're talking about you."

If you got a bunch of PMs from members asking to buy them for a higher price, why not put them for sale in the marketplace? Your logic is just not viable in this situation. So hypocritical.