Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elle

Your favourite tipple

Beer wise - Mexican beers, XX lager is my favorite.

Liquor wise - I enjoy sipping chilled tequila with 6 ice cubes and a slice of lime. Patron silver is alright/safe, and sometimes I will mix it with Don Julio blanco.

Zach

At our games this weekend instead of having beer like everyone else on the team I had a flask of Wild Turkey going. I even had it on the bench till someone gave the throat-slash to put it away. I'm bringing classy back. Next week I'll make martinis.

At our games this weekend instead of having beer like everyone else on the team I had a flask of Wild Turkey going. I even had it on the bench till someone gave the throat-slash to put it away. I'm bringing classy back. Next week I'll make martinis.

Just ensure that you bring plenty of gasoline and 2 stroke oil for the week that you decide to fire up the margaritas. ;)

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...r&noImage=0

It all depends, there is a beer for all occasions

Out with the dudes, drinkin beers, wanderin around being dumbasses - Lucky

Chillin at a buddies house chattin - MGD

Pub - Rickards Red or Race Rocks

Party / Bar / hockey bag beers - Kokanee

Very well said, I agree with everything you've got there, but I'd probably sub in Stroh's for Lucky. Nothing like a Dirty 30 (2 15's) of Stroh's to get things going.

Liquor wise - I enjoy sipping chilled tequila with 6 ice cubes and a slice of lime. Patron silver is alright/safe, and sometimes I will mix it with Don Julio blanco.

Zach

I popped open my bottle on cinco de mayo. Great stuff.

Zach

Step up from the Blanco to the Anejo. Trust me.

Very well said, I agree with everything you've got there, but I'd probably sub in Stroh's for Lucky. Nothing like a Dirty 30 (2 15's) of Stroh's to get things going.

Lucky is the drink of gods.

Just ensure that you bring plenty of gasoline and 2 stroke oil for the week that you decide to fire up the margaritas. ;)

I have one of these in the back of my car, makes it easier to fire up the blender.

2008_fj_cruiser_35.jpg

Well I'm finally 21..

Miller Lite is my beer of choice for partying or at the bar, however theres a few good bars in town with some other stuff.

I really like Eclipse. Its blue moon with guiness floated on top.

I also like Purple Haze and Carolina Blonde Ale.

When I want something different I'll get Leinenkugal (sp?).

Dont drink much liquor anymore, but Jager-bombs are still always terrific.

I have one of these in the back of my car, makes it easier to fire up the blender.

2008_fj_cruiser_35.jpg

Looks like a Tacoma. ;)

I have the same fun tailgating feature in my X-Runner. ;)

we emptied a case of Landshark Lager after the game last week, not bad at all.

Landshark just sponsored a happy hour at a local bar so we got free beer (only one though since I got there late). It was described as a "light Corona", whereas I though Corona was already barely flavored water. Needless to say, it tasted a lot like the lime-flavored carbonated water. To its credit, it wasn't stale or skunky like most macrobrews though.

What's the story with Don Julio? I've heard good things about the blanco and anejo, but because the only tequila I've ever had was Jose Cuervo, I'm incredibly gunshy about trying it. Just mix with Coke or what?

This should clear up some of your questions.

Tequila is usually bottled in one of five categories:[4]

blanco ("white") or plata ("silver") – white spirit, un-aged and bottled or stored immediately after distillation, or aged less than two months in oak barrels;[8]

oro ("gold") – un-aged "blanco" tequila, blended with rested or aged tequilas, and often with caramel coloring, sugar-based syrup, glycerin, and/or oak extract added so as to resemble aged tequila;

reposado ("rested") – aged a minimum of two months, but less than a year in oak barrels;

añejo ("aged" or "vintage") – aged a minimum of one year, but less than 3 years in oak barrels;

extra añejo ("extra aged" or "ultra aged") – aged a minimum of three years in oak barrels.

The longer a tequila is aged, the smoother it is.

As for how to drink it, there is always the shot but I prefer a margarita on the rocks. Simple to make and tastes good.

1 1/2 ounces tequila

1 ounce triple sec or Cointreau

1 ounce lime juice

tiniest splash of blue curacao

The tequilas that I generally stick with are Cabo Wabo Reposado and Sauza 3G's. A little pricey but worth it. I can't stand blanco, smooth as knives.

we emptied a case of Landshark Lager after the game last week, not bad at all.

Landshark just sponsored a happy hour at a local bar so we got free beer (only one though since I got there late). It was described as a "light Corona", whereas I though Corona was already barely flavored water. Needless to say, it tasted a lot like the lime-flavored carbonated water. To its credit, it wasn't stale or skunky like most macrobrews though.

What's the story with Don Julio? I've heard good things about the blanco and anejo, but because the only tequila I've ever had was Jose Cuervo, I'm incredibly gunshy about trying it. Just mix with Coke or what?

I don't really see what all the hype is about Landshark, I didn't find it really that much different than anything else out there. It doesn't really taste like Corona like a lot of people say it does. ;)

Sailor Jerry Rum and Coke. 92 proof...and tastes great

Mmm, Sailor Jerry, soo good.

I'm not a big Corona fan. Landshark had good flavor without any bite, good beer for socializing.