Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lovejotd

APX 2 Stick

Does anyone know what modifications were made from the original APX stick? How is the APX 2 better then the original APX?

I just ordered an APX as it was now discounted, it was between this and the Old RBZ. I really like my X7.0 so I thought I'd like the APX even more. Thought???

an apx or apx2? if it was the first apx i would wait for it to go on a clearance when the 2s come out o save some cash unless you need something right now.

I've been fortunate enough to get my hands on an APX2. It's definitely lighter, and the blade seems more rigid. Shots and passes seem to pop a little better and harder, while handling the puck is still phenomenal. My only complaint is that the grip and finish seem to chip a little easier than the APX, and you can definitely feel the blemishes when you run your hand along the shaft. Other than that, I love the stick. Looks great, as well.

an apx or apx2? if it was the first apx i would wait for it to go on a clearance when the 2s come out o save some cash unless you need something right now.

It was the old APX non grip, I got it for $160. I could also get the RBZ (old one) for the same price but wasn't too sure about it. I take mostly wrist shots and have the x7.0 and I like it a lot. I would also like to check out the DT1 and Mako. A few guys on my teams have them, so at the next practice ill try them too.

I've been fortunate enough to get my hands on an APX2. It's definitely lighter, and the blade seems more rigid. Shots and passes seem to pop a little better and harder, while handling the puck is still phenomenal. My only complaint is that the grip and finish seem to chip a little easier than the APX, and you can definitely feel the blemishes when you run your hand along the shaft. Other than that, I love the stick. Looks great, as well.

Can you share any pics?

Can you share any pics?

I have a few posted in the show it off thread. I'm on my phone right now, so I can't link it, but I believe it's on page 803, 804, or 805. I'm sure you could go through my profile and find there, as well

I'm not sure about the blade structure (ribs) but I believe the blade has a different foam than the APX. The blade is definitely stiffer. I haven't put it on a scale, so I don't know if it's actually lighter. It's either a bit lighter or a bit better balanced than the APX is, cause it plays a bit lighter. Seems to have a little better pop than the APX did. To me, it's similar in difference to the TotalOne and the NXG...by that I mean the APX2 is a little lighter, little better blade, little more pop/kick. It's an upgrade, but not a paradigm shift.

I should clarify when i say ribs i dont mean like in easton how they do it. i mean there are two chambers, top and bottom that are separated lengthwise of the blade. this seemed to be the only difference i saw when i happened to be at the shop when the Bauer rep was there dropping off the catalog. i didnt look at the names of the foams so that may be changed slightly as well.

yeah, for anyone who has gotten there hands on it, do they recommned upgrading to apx 2? for an extra lets say $50? apx - $200 v apx 2 - $250

I'm really enjoying the APX2, so I'd say the $50 would be worth the investment. A really dumb problem I have though is that when I tried using my 20k after about a month straight of the APX2, I just couldn't get past how heavy the 20k feels :tongue:

I'm really enjoying the APX2, so I'd say the $50 would be worth the investment. A really dumb problem I have though is that when I tried using my 20k after about a month straight of the APX2, I just couldn't get past how heavy the 20k feels :tongue:

Can you weigh both sticks for use and give us the weights? Make sure they are cut the same height and have same amount of tape. It's be interesting to see actual weights or if the "feel" is just in your mind.

I currently have an APX LE and had the opportunity to try out the APX 2. I would definitely say that I liked the APX2 more. The stick I used was supposed to be much stiffer than my LE, but it still felt whippy, but had some great pop and passing was crisp. If you are trying to save $ you won't be disappointed by the original APX, but IMHO you can't go wrong with the APX 2.

Personally I found the shaft to be too round. Having used this stick for a little over a month I find that the shaft rotates in my hands when I shoot, even with grip. That might just be my preference against very round shafts but I didn't find I had that issue with the first APX.

For years I used an Easton cyclone which was much rounded than even the apx, so naturally when I wanted to spend my tax money on a top stick I liked the apx shaft feel. I then gave the warrior widow a try and liked that rounded corner feel much more as it had a but more shoulder to it and lime you said, it didn't want to turn in my hand so easily. But if I were to try an Easton stick, or ccm, my hands feel dumb and I just can't work with it well.

The APX2 felt much improved to me. With the previous version, my wrist/snap shots were ok but slap shots were not as good. I had much more balanced performance with the new one, and the transition from e28 to p08 was smooth.

I currently have an APX LE and had the opportunity to try out the APX 2. I would definitely say that I liked the APX2 more. The stick I used was supposed to be much stiffer than my LE, but it still felt whippy, but had some great pop and passing was crisp. If you are trying to save $ you won't be disappointed by the original APX, but IMHO you can't go wrong with the APX 2.*

*does not guarantee freebies won't go wide.

Have they improved the durability? I had about 6-8 APX in about 2 years using them off and on. The blade always cracked on them and then lost all the pop, usually at the toe. It could be something I am doing, but its the only stick that has done that for me.

Going to be picking up an APX2 soon. I saw a review on one of the online store websites and they said that the blade is the biggest difference between the APX and APX2 where the APX2 has an extra sensory layer in the blade for better feel. I'll know soon enough how good it is! Just by holding it in the store the shaft also feels slightly rounder and thinner than the original. Looking forward to using the APX2

Felt like they stiffened up the blade for better pop but added the layer of rubber to improve feel, which it did. I was very impressed, as typically I wasn't a fan of the vapor blades

That's rarely the case. More than likely if they don't have an apx left they would send you an x100. "BAUER reserves the right to substitute if the requested model is not available..." This means they can send you a supreme/nexus too. I'm sure people that bought an x60 just to break it and get an apx can tell you that they got the x7.0 instead.

you could always buy a clearance APX then if it happens to break in your 30 day warranty you know they'll send you an APX2...

That's rarely the case. More than likely if they don't have an apx left they would send you an x100. "BAUER reserves the right to substitute if the requested model is not available..." This means they can send you a supreme/nexus too. I'm sure people that bought an x60 just to break it and get an apx can tell you that they got the x7.0 instead.

exactly. I havent had to warranty back a stick yet, but Ive heard things go either way on this. Either way, its not worth abusing the system. Buy whatever you plan on using.