Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

Supplemental Discpline 2013-14

In my mind, that's 2 minutes for charging or boarding...and nothing more.

Burrows lead with the hands and the head looks like it is the initial point of contact for him. Again, it is the case of someone seeing a guy in a vulnerable position and trying to take him out. Seeing that the other Canuck had the guy engaged, the smart hockey play would have been to come in and take the puck. Hits like these are not hockey plays, they are deliberate attempts to injure an opponent.

And there is less than a minute left in the game to boot. Look where Burrows stick is. He is holding a little above waste level, straight up. If guys would learn to leave thier sticks down when they hit there would be alot less of this happening. I agree about hitting someone who is already engaged. All you are doing is lining up someone who is busy concentrating on what the guy on him is already doing. It's a perfect invite to a cheap hit.

I've said before that it should be illegal to hit a player already engaged.

That would actually be fairly easy to enforce, especially on these head hunting missions.

I've said before that it should be illegal to hit a player already engaged.

This is something I've thought and mentioned here before, too. It would be a substantial safety improvement and I don't think it would lead to much controversy, because it would generally be a pretty obvious call.

Looks like we may have two suspensions already tonight.

Prust for the ridiculously late headshot.

Carcillo for abuse of official.

This series is going to turn into a shitshow pretty quick at this rate.

The linesman should not work another post season game, he was way too aggressive in handling Carcillo. That said, I bet Danny gets more games than Prust. Stepan is already back on the ice, so they won't give the heavier suspension for an injury

Carcillo also gave Desharnais a nice spear in the gut earlier in the first. It appeared to go unnoticed.

I figure Prust gets 1, maybe 2. Carcillo...who knows. I heard CBC say it could be 20?!?!? Not sure if that was Simpson or Healy...so a whole shaker of salt may need to be considered.

The Prust hit was late and certainly warranted an interference penalty, but the principal point of contact appeared to be the upper chest and not the head. If it was the head he'd certainly be suspended, but it's tough to suspend someone for a late hit to the chest just because an in game call was missed. I honestly wouldn't mind if he was suspended for a couple games though as it would likely bring Bournival back into the lineup and I think that strengthens the Habs. Of course I should be careful what I wish for as Moen could be inserted instead.

Carcillo will likely end up with 10 games. It wasn't severe contact or intent to injure so it shouldn't be 20 games. I don't think that would really hurt the Rangers as he's a fringe player.

The Prust hit was late and certainly warranted an interference penalty, but the principal point of contact appeared to be the upper chest and not the head. If it was the head he'd certainly be suspended, but it's tough to suspend someone for a late hit to the chest just because an in game call was missed. I honestly wouldn't mind if he was suspended for a couple games though as it would likely bring Bournival back into the lineup and I think that strengthens the Habs. Of course I should be careful what I wish for as Moen could be inserted instead.

Carcillo will likely end up with 10 games. It wasn't severe contact or intent to injure so it shouldn't be 20 games. I don't think that would really hurt the Rangers as he's a fringe player.

TSN was quite quick to say principle point of contact IS the head, so le the debate begin.

I'm not a fan of either player or what they did in either incident. I'd argue that Prust was attempting a cheap shot on Stepan by coming in high and on the blind side but, that by sheer luck, he drives into Stepan's chest and shoulder. It's hard to see head contact, much less principal head contact, to me. I still wouldn't mind a suspension, though, for a hit that had no hockey purpose and was clearly delivered with an intent to injure.

Is that clip above of the entire Carcillo incident? As I was watching last night, I could have sworn that he swung his stick at the linesman before he throws that chicken wing at him. It may have been him trying to yank his stick away from the linesman's grasp, but in any case, I thought he was pitchforking his stick around, which struck me as wildly dangerous. I could see this one being a substantial suspension, but since the linesman wasn't hurt, who knows any more?

Is that clip above of the entire Carcillo incident?

Yes and no, that was pretty much all that Carcillo did. It starts with the linesman grabbing him and shoving him into the boards and then manhandling Carcillo a bit when he tried to back off. By the letter of the law, it should be 10 games. If they give him less, it will be an admission that the linesman did not handle it correctly and was partly responsible for creating the situation. I don't like Carcillo and I hated it when he was on the Hawks, but linesman was wrong and made a bad/emotional situation a lot worse.

I'm having trouble seeing the stick contact the linesman. And it looks to me like the stick moves around because the linesman is swinging Carcillo around, and his hands move, from momentum and attempts to maintain balance.

I think the league may end up looking stupid on this one.

I'm having trouble seeing the stick contact the linesman. And it looks to me like the stick moves around because the linesman is swinging Carcillo around, and his hands move, from momentum and attempts to maintain balance.

I think the league may end up looking stupid on this one.

That makes sense. I only saw it live and wondering what in the world was going on.

NBC guys were talking about an elbow or forearm, not a stick.

Apparently, Dr's re-examined Stepan this morning and found he has a broken jaw. If that is the case, good on him to keep playing through it. Bad on them for not seeing it last night.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=452950

All but guarantees a suspension for Prust, no?

Damn. Well, an injury seems to be the most significant criteria for a suspension. The fact that he finished the game will actually work against the suspension, as sad as that is. The NHL seems to react more forcefully if the sports highlight shows talk about someone not being able to finish a game.