Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Sher-Wood EK15 Lineup

picked one of these guys up last weekend, and used it in a game right away. first impression i had, unreal how light and balanced it is. right away the puck feel was an upgrade vs my ribcore. the shots come of just like a vapor line or even dt line for warrior, low low kick. thank god i bumped down my flex, as it plays stiff to me. i use mostly quick snap and wrist shots. the more i think of it, the old xn-10 tps put out comes to mind, fittingly so.

i havd had only one ice game and no real stick time with it yet, but all impressions are good as of now. can't wait to get some alone time with a stick and puck or shoot around to really get a handle on it.

I'm really considering checking out this line, I haven't used a sher-wood stick since I had an all wood version back in the day. The problem I have with most sr sticks is the flex, I cut mine very short so I have a hard time getting the most out of the flex.

I start with the 75 but it's 100+ when I'm done with them so I can only get good flex if I'm putting a lot behind the shot. Looks like with sher-wood I might get a better experience with that flex-free zone. I know there was one of their sticks that came in lower flex for senior too, like a 60. The int sticks I've tried all seem too skinny so I don't like how it feels to grip them.

I'm really considering checking out this line, I haven't used a sher-wood stick since I had an all wood version back in the day. The problem I have with most sr sticks is the flex, I cut mine very short so I have a hard time getting the most out of the flex.

I start with the 75 but it's 100+ when I'm done with them so I can only get good flex if I'm putting a lot behind the shot. Looks like with sher-wood I might get a better experience with that flex-free zone. I know there was one of their sticks that came in lower flex for senior too, like a 60. The int sticks I've tried all seem too skinny so I don't like how it feels to grip them.

Hi Matty you should consider a 65 flex int stick. The stick has the flex free zone like the senior sticks and it is 57" long rather than the 60" senior stick, thus giving you an additional three inches that won't affect the flex as well. The shaft shapes are virtually identical. The only down side with the intermediate sticks is you have a limited pattern selection. We offer the EK15 INT in PP26 Stastny and PP88 Ryan II, our two most popular patterns. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Michael9 -- I've always commended Sherwood for their diverse range of retail patterns. It's one of the many things that makes you guys great! Any discussion about adding a Kreps/e28 pattern to the retail lineup?

Thanks, All Flash!

I realize that, but the lie on the Smith is a little low for me, and there isn't nearly enough rocker for my liking.

I have no proof, other than what I see around the rink, but it seems like the e28 is increasing in popularity at retail. Warrior now offers an equivalent in the Yakupov. As I mentioned in my first post, Sherwood is usual ahead of the competition when it comes to pattern choices, so I thought maybe adding a second toe curve to their lineup would be something they've discussed.

A teammate of mine has a prostock Karlsson (Kreps) T100, and the stick feels amazing.

To keep this on topic: I've been a Sherwood T90 user for most of the past 4 years. To me, SW offers the best stick for your dollar, and offers the best blade feel of any stick at any price. I recently switched patterns from a P92/PP26 to kreps, which means I've had to change manufacturers too. I'm really pining to get back to Sherwood - specifically an EK15. That's why I'm asking (with my fingers crossed)!

Hi Matty you should consider a 65 flex int stick. The stick has the flex free zone like the senior sticks and it is 57" long rather than the 60" senior stick, thus giving you an additional three inches that won't affect the flex as well. The shaft shapes are virtually identical. The only down side with the intermediate sticks is you have a limited pattern selection. We offer the EK15 INT in PP26 Stastny and PP88 Ryan II, our two most popular patterns. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Great info, thanks! I think I'll give that a shot and see how it works out, really excited to try out the EK15.

Thanks, All Flash!

I realize that, but the lie on the Smith is a little low for me, and there isn't nearly enough rocker for my liking.

I have no proof, other than what I see around the rink, but it seems like the e28 is increasing in popularity at retail. Warrior now offers an equivalent in the Yakupov. As I mentioned in my first post, Sherwood is usual ahead of the competition when it comes to pattern choices, so I thought maybe adding a second toe curve to their lineup would be something they've discussed.

A teammate of mine has a prostock Karlsson (Kreps) T100, and the stick feels amazing.

To keep this on topic: I've been a Sherwood T90 user for most of the past 4 years. To me, SW offers the best stick for your dollar, and offers the best blade feel of any stick at any price. I recently switched patterns from a P92/PP26 to kreps, which means I've had to change manufacturers too. I'm really pining to get back to Sherwood - specifically an EK15. That's why I'm asking (with my fingers crossed)!

There will be some pattern changes for our 2015 line-up. Unfortunately no Kreps. However if the pattern continues to increase in popularity, it will be something that we will look at for future line-ups.

There will be some pattern changes for our 2015 line-up. Unfortunately no Kreps. However if the pattern continues to increase in popularity, it will be something that we will look at for future line-ups.

Thanks, Michael!

For those in the know..........

Any future plans to release Rekker EK15 tapered shaft and blades?

No future plans for shafts or tapered blades. Our demand for blades/shafts has been diminishing every year.

Enjoying my demo of the EK15 - terrific feel and really like the stick.

I am having trouble with the lie. The Sher-Wood 6.0 is less upright than others.

Michael - will there be a 6.5 with a pattern similar to a p92?

Got to hand it to you - terrific stick!

Enjoying my demo of the EK15 - terrific feel and really like the stick.

I am having trouble with the lie. The Sher-Wood 6.0 is less upright than others.

Michael - will there be a 6.5 with a pattern similar to a p92?

Got to hand it to you - terrific stick!

Our only stick with a 6.5 lie is a PP12 IG pattern (Iginla clone). We have the PP26 Stastny which is the same curve as the PP92 but a 6.0 lie (not the 6.5 you're looking for).

Our only stick with a 6.5 lie is a PP12 IG pattern (Iginla clone). We have the PP26 Stastny which is the same curve as the PP92 but a 6.0 lie (not the 6.5 you're looking for).

Thank for the info. I find it interesting that Sher-Wood sticks are less upright at the same lie measurement than some other brands. Am I correct in making that observation and if so Is that a conscious decision? Is there a particular thought process on that?

No future plans for shafts or tapered blades. Our demand for blades/shafts has been diminishing every year.

I wish more people used two peice, because for people like me, they are a much more cost efficient option. In the past year Ive only bought 2 actual one piece sticks for over $100, and both didnt last very long. A lot of it is bad luck, but it would be nice to be able to save either the blade or the shaft. Just sucks that the stick I buy that I would not care as much if they break end up lasting forever, and my expensive one piece sticks break right away.

If the EK15 also had shafts and blades available, I would probably buy one knowing that I could save half of it should it break. For now $200 is too much to risk on a one piece for me.

Michael, any update on availability of PP96/ PM9 clone? Most recent info I can find here was available after the new year.

Michael, any update on availability of PP96/ PM9 clone? Most recent info I can find here was available after the new year.

No PP96/PM9 pattern in the EK15. I know for other manufactures the pattern does decently, however for us it is one of our weaker patterns in terms of sales thus why we did not introduce it into the EK15.

The EK15 is offered in:PP26 Stastny, PP88 Ryan II, PP09 Ryan, PP77 Coffey, PP01 Smith, PP05 Li, PP92 Trouba and PP12 IG

Thank for the info. I find it interesting that Sher-Wood sticks are less upright at the same lie measurement than some other brands. Am I correct in making that observation and if so Is that a conscious decision? Is there a particular thought process on that?

Part of the issue is that there is no standardized industry method for measuring lies. We have an instrument that we use to measure lies and we also look at the competition’s lie listing. However they are not all identical across the board from manufacture to manufacture. Our lies being less upright isn’t something that we’ve really heard before, however thank you for your comments and I will do some more research regarding this.

I wish more people used two peice, because for people like me, they are a much more cost efficient option. In the past year Ive only bought 2 actual one piece sticks for over $100, and both didnt last very long. A lot of it is bad luck, but it would be nice to be able to save either the blade or the shaft. Just sucks that the stick I buy that I would not care as much if they break end up lasting forever, and my expensive one piece sticks break right away.

If the EK15 also had shafts and blades available, I would probably buy one knowing that I could save half of it should it break. For now $200 is too much to risk on a one piece for me.

It’s unfortunate, I’m a fan of shaft/blade combos as well. However the market demand for shafts and blades is nowhere close to what it used to be. It would be great to offer an EK15 shaft/blade combo, but economically it just doesn’t make sense for us.

IMO if you -1 from the Sherwood lie, it will be closer to the more universal Easton lie numbers. PP12 IG is a 6.5 -1 so it should play similar to a 5.5 on the Easton scale.

IMO if you -1 from the Sherwood lie, it will be closer to the more universal Easton lie numbers. PP12 IG is a 6.5 -1 so it should play similar to a 5.5 on the Easton scale.

I'd do -0.5. I compared a PP09 Ryan (lie 5.5) to a PM9 (Bauer lie 5) and the lie is pretty much the same. Differences are mostly due to rocker/blade profile.

Loved my EK15 for 2 months, it now feels like a noodle no power at all I think I shot too many clappers with it.

Just bought a Sherwood T100 and I like it much more and it feels alot more solid.