Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Reebok 20K Elbow Pad Recall

Sorry - I was away last weekend and forgot to post this:

Reebok is recalling all senior sized 2013 20K Elbow Pads.

They have been recalled from all stores.

If you have purchased a pair, contact the point of purchase so that they can give you a refund or a replacement.

The identifier on the pads are 99X-SUP-EP20K - 9 can represent any number and X can represent any letter.

Do you have the details on the issue with the pads? I'm curious if its worth the hassle of sending them back as I bought them 10 hours away from home while I was at a tournament.

JR Sorry I didn't get to check in when I was home over Thanksgiving. Spent too much time with the new niece…However, glad I found this thread. I have bashed my elbows up pretty badly here in Chicago and am looking for a solid set of elbow pads to protect em. I currently have Bauer Vapor X7.0 from last season. They aren't cutting it as I currently have a few loose pieces of bone floating around…Let me know what you think I should look at picking up.

JR Sorry I didn't get to check in when I was home over Thanksgiving. Spent too much time with the new niece…However, glad I found this thread. I have bashed my elbows up pretty badly here in Chicago and am looking for a solid set of elbow pads to protect em. I currently have Bauer Vapor X7.0 from last season. They aren't cutting it as I currently have a few loose pieces of bone floating around…Let me know what you think I should look at picking up.

you want to go all out on protection?

Easton Mako

Warrior AX1

RBK 7K or 8K Pros

Bauer Nexus 1000 or the new 8000

to name a few..

Reebok is recalling all senior sized 2013 20K Elbow Pads.

The identifier on the pads are 99X-SUP-EP20K - 9 can represent any number and X can represent any letter.

So to clarify, all 20k SR elbow pads match this identifier, correct?

Was thinking of getting some 20ks, but if this recall affects all pads I'll have to stick with my current setup.

So to clarify, all 20k SR elbow pads match this identifier, correct?

Was thinking of getting some 20ks, but if this recall affects all pads I'll have to stick with my current setup.

Gosinger, I can see that you are from Austria and we want to inform that this issue on the Reebok 20K elbow pad is NOT concerning the protective sold outside of North America.

If you feel unsecure about your equipment you can always check with your retailer to see where the elbow pad is from.

Br,

Anders @ Reebok CCM

Thanks for the clarification Anders; does that mean the North American supply is produced elsewhere, or was it a specific charge in production that wasn't up to spec?

I have a pair of these but can't find the receipt. Damn.

They are reebok, and not that old, I'm sure if you call customer service they'd be willing to work with you. Or see if the shop/site you purchased then from has the ability to reprint.

They are reebok, and not that old, I'm sure if you call customer service they'd be willing to work with you. Or see if the shop/site you purchased then from has the ability to reprint.

Just take them back to a retailer. They are a recall from the manufacturer so it doesnt matter where or when you bought them as long as they match the recalled code.

The retailer should give you a refund or credit toward another pad.

Thanks for the clarification Anders; does that mean the North American supply is produced elsewhere, or was it a specific charge in production that wasn't up to spec?

We choosed to work with different spec for this specific elbow pad on the North american market than for the EU market. As far as I know Reebok CCM North America have switch their stock to the same that are carried in Europe.

Br,

Anders @ Reebok CCM

I've ripped off and threw away the tags on mine. Does that make them ineligible for the recall?

Judging by the fact that retailers just received instruction/replacements, we can figure out that your 6-month pair would count.

Judging by the fact that retailers just received instruction/replacements, we can figure out that your 6-month pair would count.

Retailers have replacements? Are they just updated 20Ks? Tried to contact Reebok regarding their replacement plans, but never heard back.

They're on the way. I haven't gotten ours yet but we received instructions on how to process the customer recalls that haven't been taken care of. There will be a new UPC that will differentiate it from the old UPC, however, stores should not have the original model in stores anymore - they should have been all sent back to Reebok.

Once I get the new UPC sequence, I'll post it in this thread.

Hey @JR Boucicaut, sorry to resurrect such an old thread. I just bought a pair of CCM 20K Pro elbow pads, the identifier is 14C-SUP-EP20KHP. Just wanted to verify that these weren’t part of the recall. Thanks.

13L-SUP-EP20KH

Nothing wrong with mine, one and a half season in they just turning yellow like old Jofas. A tear is starting around the elbow pin point though, Would we get a CCM replacement?