Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2014 Easton Hockey Catalogue

$599.99 MAP for the M8

Must be a pretty decent skate if thats the price range. new Supreme 180 is 499. But discounted Mako is probably better then M8?

• Like 1

Oh yes, discounted would always be better. Same with NXG to the 190/180 for instance.

The m8 is really solid skate - at that PP its right there with the X90/X100, 190 etc

Are these new sticks a mid or low kick? Anyone know release dare? Is the e3 lie 5 the same lie as p92 lie 5? Cause easton measures their normal e3 at 5.5 and bauer normal p92 is lie 6

Looks like the catalog says the synergy is a mid taper kick. This must be aimed at the nexus. Would like to try an Easton again one day, just don't know if this is the twig for me! I do miss that ole SE16 tho!

Edited by Tommyj214

They list the non-elliptical V9 as a mid-taper kick point stick as well. There are obvious blade differences between the V9 and the HTX, but are there any other differences? Or is it essentially the same shaft fused to two different blades?

Edited by shooter27

So does anyone have an idea of when the htx stick and hsx gloves come out? I was hoping to be able to pick them up on my way to a tournament in Lake Placid, which happens to be right around my birthday in early April.

Is the Synergy back in name only? Or are they planning to bring back some of the Synergy design/technology for their sticks? For someone that's been pretty dissapointed in Easton sticks since they stopped making the SE16, I would be interested to know where this is headed...

Especially since I've been looking for something that resembles an SE16 since then. Haven't really liked the Makos as much...they're "OK", but just don't feel as good. Warrior dolomite felt the closest to the SE16, but it wasn't 100% and it's shaft being rounder bothered me at times. As someone that's used Easton sticks since at least 2000, it's been a struggle these last few years...

Edited by Hockeymac18

NOOO they lost another life long Easton user by getting rid of the E7. CCM has the Lecavalier and Bauer has the p12 through custom order but that's it. Do we have any insight as to why they're getting rid of it? It seems like it sells pretty well?

Also, a more philosophical question....why are all the curves so huge now? The iggy curve was like the only resort for a mild curve and a blade that isn't so long.

• Like 1

From my rep...

E7 is dead because a majority of players were migrating towards e36/p88.

E7 apparently only sold really well in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri. Everywhere else it was their number 3 or 4 best selling curve. Guess the market wasn't big enough to keep it as an option and decided to focus on the e36

• Like 1

From my rep...

E7 is dead because a majority of players were migrating towards e36/p88.

E7 apparently only sold really well in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri. Everywhere else it was their number 3 or 4 best selling curve. Guess the market wasn't big enough to keep it as an option and decided to focus on the e36

Very interesting, thank you for the information.

Actually, from looking at the CCM catalogue, it appears that the P12 will be the only option. While CCM lists the Lecavalier as a pattern, it does not appear to be offered on any of the 2014 sticks.

Looks like the catalog says the synergy is a mid taper kick. This must be aimed at the nexus. Would like to try an Easton again one day, just don't know if this is the twig for me! I do miss that ole SE16 tho!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is a mid-taper kickpoint more of a mid or mid-low kick? Definitely higher than a Stealth/V9E right?

Is the Synergy back in name only? Or are they planning to bring back some of the Synergy design/technology for their sticks? For someone that's been pretty dissapointed in Easton sticks since they stopped making the SE16, I would be interested to know where this is headed...

Especially since I've been looking for something that resembles an SE16 since then. Haven't really liked the Makos as much...they're "OK", but just don't feel as good. Warrior dolomite felt the closest to the SE16, but it wasn't 100% and it's shaft being rounder bothered me at times. As someone that's used Easton sticks since at least 2000, it's been a struggle these last few years...

Did you try the Mako 2? SE16 was also my favorite stick for many years. I even managed to find a brand new one last summer on a rack in San Jose in my flex and profile. To me, the Mako 2 has been the closest thing to the SE16. I had a couple EQ50's and Mako 1s, and I hated both of them. The Mako 2 has been the closest. I currently have that last SE16 and the Mako2 as my two main sticks, and I can transition between them with no issue. True, there are some subtle differences, but nothing too major.

Since the Mako 2 was the last stick for the E9/Heatley, and I actually like it, I'll probably start stocking up on them soon.

JGraz - All of them. Top end thru entry level.

As a long time user of Easton sticks, nothing could be farther from the truth in my opinion. Easton has been sticks lighter, less durable and made to stick flex so whippy that it is almost unusable. I would love to see them return so of the older models of sticks to production

Come to think of it, with Hypertune, do flex changes from cutting the shaft reflect on the blade, the catalogue seemed to imply so but I'm wondering if anyone knows for sure.

Edited by roar111